Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (denwbaseball)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-22-2010, 4:01 PM Reply   
I'm looking into going to a Direct Buy but have some questions. Do they only sell "high end" stuff for cheaper? Or do they sell like the same manufactures as like a Menards for cheaper?
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-22-2010, 5:57 PM Reply   
We went, they were very careful not to tell us any specific info untill we joined. The cost was 6000
dollars they guarantee to be less than retail but not how much less. I told them I would like to sleep on it then they said I had to join right now or I would be banned for life. Now that I'm banned I still get emails every day trying to get me to join.
Old     (denwbaseball)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-22-2010, 6:28 PM Reply   
WOW! Ok nevermind 6k to join.....no way!
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-22-2010, 8:19 PM Reply   
Its a total rip off unless you are planning on buying enough furniture, appliances and other household goodies for 5 homes.
Old    bigdtx            04-23-2010, 6:20 AM Reply   
http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=18763
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-23-2010, 6:58 AM Reply   
Direct Buy is AWFUL. Their business practices should be illegal IMO.
Old     (vette74)      Join Date: Jun 2008       04-23-2010, 7:08 AM Reply   
My sister in-law joined it. I think they paid 10k for a lifetime membership a few years ago. They always tell us if there is something we want to buy just let them know and they will pick it up for us. I took it up with them to buy a TV and it wasn't any cheaper than anywhere else, I mean normal price at Sears no less. Thanks but no thanks. Then they said electronics were the same price you can get anywhere else WTF that is where I spend most of my money for house stuff. As far as the other stuff you can find just as good of a deal or close enough if you are a halfway savvy internet shopper.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-23-2010, 7:28 AM Reply   
Costco can pretty much kill them all. They tend to be the cheapest, best quality and best thing -0 you can return stuff whenever you want. We had a outdoor patio furniture set for 5 years that was beat up, chipping, changed colors, etc.. They took it back no questions asked and gave me full credit cash. We bought another set, but that is how they always handle things
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-23-2010, 9:12 AM Reply   
Old    bigdtx            04-23-2010, 9:53 AM Reply   
LOL - forgot about that one - classic!
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-23-2010, 11:49 AM Reply   
My sister had it when she renovated her house. I looked up a few things on it, but as said, the savings wasn't there. Having said that, I do know some people that joined and love it. They said if you really take the time to go through the catalog, you can save big $.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-23-2010, 12:51 PM Reply   
Isn't the point that you shouldn't have to "really take the time to go thru the catalog", though? If the six grand was paid in lieu of being a smart shopper for the next ten years, then it might make sense.