Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    surfdad            10-30-2006, 12:02 PM Reply   
I say Iguana :-) Ok folks, how many folks refer to this grab as Tindy and how many refer to it as Iguana and the third option is WTH? :-)

The rear hand grabs the toe edge near the tail.

How many folks refer to an Indy grab ONLY when it is perform backside - so in wakeboarding, I woukd guess there would never be a toeside indy grab?

Thanks for the feedback.
Old     (surfnfury65)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-30-2006, 5:22 PM Reply   
I thought it was a "Stale Fish." At least that is what it is called on my Kelly Slater surfing game on my PS2. I believe if you hold R1 and then hit arrow down then square.
Board More/Work Less!
J$
Old     (cassetteboy777)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-30-2006, 5:58 PM Reply   
wth!
Old    surfdad            10-30-2006, 6:09 PM Reply   
One of my near and dear bro's was giving me crap about the difference between a frontside grab and an indy grab. In wakeboarding, grab the toeside rail with your rear hand and it's indy, right?

Check this definition of an Indy

http://expn.go.com/glossary/snb/g-l.html

According to my 'bro...it's indy ONLY if it's done backside! as defined above. :-)

Just wondering how many folks require that an indy grab be done backside.
Old    surfdad            10-30-2006, 6:13 PM Reply   
Johnboy, I KNEW I was forgetting the square! :-) I am so bad with video game controllers, with my bifocals I have to stare at the stupid thing and get it into focus, typically my car/surfer/snowboard on the screen is DEAD by the time I get my fingers organized. :-)
Old     (enzostyle)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-01-2006, 1:45 PM Reply   
Indy should be rear hand, toeside edge, between the feet. "Tindy" is between the rear foot and tail of the board. Not quit indy, and not a tail grab. Some say tindy is not a legit grab. So if someone tells you, "nice tindy" they are probably making fun of you!
Old    surfdad            11-01-2006, 5:02 PM Reply   
In the reference above, the description was of an Iguana which is a legitimate snowboard grab and it is a "Tindy" in wakeboarding. However, more interesting is that in snowboarding, a "legit" indy can only be done backside, the same grab off a frontside say pipe face is a frontside grab. :-) That doesn't translate into wakeboarding - a TS Indy is perfectly acceptable. I'm trying to work on nomenclature. Tindy? Iguana? or like Taco says - WTH? :-)