Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old    xtremrider            10-01-2005, 9:23 PM Reply   
I heard that i could really improve my edgeing if i removed my fins and went back to my basics. I discovered that i have no idea how to really edge. The board felt like i was on a skim board just sliding all over the place. After about 5 mins i got where i could jump comfertably but not as comfertable as with the fins. I am going to try it again tomorrow.

The board is a 2005 transcend
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-01-2005, 9:49 PM Reply   
i dont think the transcend is meant to ride finless is it?

i highly reccomend riding the absolute finless though.

www.wakecoupons.com
Old     (brian0384)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-02-2005, 9:50 AM Reply   
I"m riding the 05' absolute platinum, coming from a juvi, it's a big step up to me, but I like it! thought about riding finless, but wasn't sure if it was really necessary, why do you recommend so highly to ride it finless?? Much different board or what??
Old     (sandman59)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-02-2005, 2:33 PM Reply   
I rode my 2003 142 Byerly finless for the first time today. Made it much easier to spin, didn't see much difference in cutting and edging. Will continue to ride it finless.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-02-2005, 3:17 PM Reply   
brian, completely different board.....

try it finless.

www.wakecoupons.com
Old     (bankssa)      Join Date: Mar 2003       10-03-2005, 4:34 AM Reply   
I don't take as many bad falls without fins.... I'm riding a byerly finless and if I come up short spinning it just slides around. My edging has improved and I SLOWED down getting to the wake. I don't to raley tricks and I could see needing to get on it a bit harder for those tricks but even then I would expect you would get use to it...