Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 11, 2007

Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-19-2007, 2:31 PM Reply   
Finally got the new boat but of course it's a 21 footer and I need to put it in a 20 foot 8 inch garage.

I saw on here somewhere that someone bought small dolleys for the wheels so you could roll around a tandem axle trailer with ease. They were about $95 each but looked to fit the bill. Anyone know where to find these?

Thanks.
Old     (michealhoward)      Join Date: May 2007       06-19-2007, 2:58 PM Reply   
Summit racing. http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?N=700+4294925139+4294923770+115+4294 861116
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-19-2007, 3:08 PM Reply   
Yo! That would be me. I spent some major time on this issue.

Wheel dollies present a problem in how to get the boat up on to them. Issues abound with trying to drive up on to them or having to jack up each wheel to get a dolly under it. I even thought of trying to design something myself.

However, after a week or two of calling around, someone recommended go-jacks (dollies/jacks combined). They are expensive but I found some for $100 each, $400 total for a double-axle trailer. Costly but after 6 months of use they are well worth the convenience. Just get them under each wheel, pump them up a bit and then push the boat around the garage wherever you need it. Work like a charm.

http://www.tooltopia.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=11011

Upload
Upload
Old     (jsanders)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-19-2007, 3:54 PM Reply   
Here are the ones I have little cheaper $150 for set of 2. I get my sanger v-215 into my 20 ft garage in about 5-10 minutes. I only have 2 of them just lift one axle up and it makes it like a single axle very easy to push front around.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?function=Search

Although if all I needed was 4 inches I would consider cutting into the garage and expanding the areas you needed, although your wedge might add to length.

good luck.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-19-2007, 7:43 PM Reply   
shawn
can you put your boat in sideways, thats how i squeeze it in...barely
but i have a single axle which makes life easier for this kinda stuff...

(Message edited by bftskir on June 19, 2007)
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-20-2007, 7:19 AM Reply   
Yeah I have a tandem axle trailer so moving it around isn't the easiest. With the power wedge on this boat it probably makes it a 21 foot 10 inch so removing the wall probably isn't the best idea :-)

I need to get it lined up and see how the height works out too. Thanks a bunch Andy for the link, that's the one I was looking for. Jeremy, your link doesn't work.

Thanks again.

Shawn
Old     (jsanders)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-20-2007, 7:39 AM Reply   
Sorry should have checked it first, try this

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=94682}
Old     (99sportster)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-20-2007, 10:54 AM Reply   
I've had the harbor freight wheel dollies for about a month--they work great and can't beat the price.
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-20-2007, 12:28 PM Reply   
How much do you get taken for on the shipping though on those harbor freight dollies? My attraction to the type Andy G. posted is free shipping. Especially when they come in at over 80 pounds a pair.
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-20-2007, 12:32 PM Reply   
Hmm... Nevermind. It looks like shipping is only 12 bucks since they don't show it as an overweight item! May just have to buy those to see how they work out. I'm wondering if I should do all 4 or get only two like Jeremy does. Guess I could try 2 then go for another 2 if need be.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-20-2007, 12:40 PM Reply   
Unless, you're really tight for dough, I'd also recommend buying one for each wheel. The advantage is that you can then literally push the boat around the garage in any direction you want, including sideways, with one or two people.

With just two go-jacks on a double-axle trailer, it effectively turns it into a single axle so you still have to push forward and backward to eventually move the trailer over sideways. With all 4 wheels over jacks instead, you just push the boat sideways.
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-20-2007, 2:02 PM Reply   
Good point Andy. Go big or stay home. Looks like the tires that come on the Extreme trailers are 8.5 inches wide so I should just make it with the ones from Harbor freight.