Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (cocheese)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-21-2008, 2:17 PM Reply   
I had my board racks powder coated and had to remove the rubber inserts out of the board racks. Has anyone had any experience gluing them back? They came out very easily and didn't have much glue holding them in. Anyone have any ideas?
Old     (02wakesettervlx)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-21-2008, 2:42 PM Reply   
Try Pliobond, it's available at Ace hardware, and seems to work well on rubber stuff at work.
Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-21-2008, 4:19 PM Reply   
I used automotive molding adhesive with good success.

Chris
www.wakejunky.com
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-21-2008, 6:44 PM Reply   
Yep, 3M Super Weatherstrip Adhesive. It comes in black and yellow.
Old     (sydwayz)      Join Date: Mar 2003       01-21-2008, 11:39 PM Reply   
Gorilla glue. Works great. Once it is dry nothing will remove it.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-22-2008, 5:36 PM Reply   
Whatever you use should be removeable so you can change our the inserts when they wear out...
Old    kidrik            01-22-2008, 7:05 PM Reply   
When the inserts wear out, it's obviously time for a new boat!

No, but I need to do the same thang though......
Old     (cocheese)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-23-2008, 5:55 AM Reply   
I ended up using automotive Krazy Glue. That seemed to be similar to what the manufacturer had used. The package also stated good adhesion for rubber and metal. After powder coating, the gap that the inserts fit in was pretty tight. I guess I will find out this summer if it holds up.