Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (dgoulet)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-27-2008, 7:34 AM Reply   
Now before everyone says just use the search option, I tried and could not get much information. I was wondering how the wake was on a 1999 mb sports 200 plus? Is it possible to surf behind one of those? Is there any reason why I should stay away from them? and last but not least, I know the wake is probably inferior to a 1993 Sport Nautique, but can it come close to it?
Thanks in advance for the replies.
Old    walt            01-27-2008, 8:19 AM Reply   
I think the older (pre 04) Mb's had a double lip on the wake.
Old     (dgoulet)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-27-2008, 9:17 AM Reply   
how bad is a double lip? sorry this might be a dumb question but I don't know much about wakeboarding.
Old    walt            01-27-2008, 12:05 PM Reply   
David,

It's been a few years since I've rode behind one but the double lip on the older Mb's was caused by the spray pockets on the hull. A double lip isn't a desirable wake trait IMO.
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-27-2008, 1:51 PM Reply   
David,
A good friend of mine has a '98 200 plus. Don't know if the hull changed, but I doubt it.
I can tell you it is one of the very best WATERSKIING wakes I've ever seen, but to get any kind of wake out of it, he needs to have it full of people and sacks, and then it's only an OK wakeboarding wake.
It is a solid, well built boat, and he has not and any problems with it, so if you want to ski and recreational wakeboard it should be fine.
Don't know about surfing, so maybe someone could add to this, but I think it might sink before you could get a decent surf wake out of it.

(Message edited by rio_sanger on January 27, 2008)
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       01-27-2008, 4:13 PM Reply   
I had a 190 plus which is very similar just a bit shorter. We had a 1100lb in the trunk 600 on the surf side and 600 in the bow. Its very surfable but don't expect anything huge.
Be very careful of rollers because it sits really low.
Thats me @ 200 and my daughter at 35 on a old 5'6" landlock. We could surf without the rope but that was her first time and she wasn't so sure about me letting go.

Upload
Upload
Upload