Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 25, 2007

Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-23-2007, 9:56 PM Reply   
Just out of curiousity... is there a standard that new boat builders have to go through before introducing their product to the market?

ie ISO, US Coast Guard (UCG), Canada Coast Guard (CCG), National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA)...

I can't remember seeing any of these decals in the Epic or WakeCraft....

Yet they are posted in almost all other established boat manufacturer's boats...

Is this important? Capacity ratings? Or is this a tax or money grab by these associations?

Just wondering... to me it adds credibility to the company's boats...

Does anyone know the legal issues? Or is it just forms of advertising?
Old     (deltaboy)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-23-2007, 10:12 PM Reply   
In the states Coast Guard is a must from what I figure NMMA is a certification process.
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-24-2007, 9:57 AM Reply   
ISO isn't really a requirement in any industry. If anything it's more for sales than anything else.

I would think that that each boat would have to have some sort of coast guard certification.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-25-2007, 2:11 PM Reply   
What is up with the latest signings by Epic. It seems they are working hard getting a pro team behind them... correctmeif I am wrong... doesnt that only cost money... paying contracts... salaries.. supplying boats... what about lowering the price to hit the market within a stone's throw of what the price was originally intended to be... $50,000... but now I see prices floating around $65,000... thats 30% higher. Either manufacturing costs have gone way up.. or there are too many "signings"...

To all new boat builders out there... my opinion is... build a good quality boat... at a price lower than the big boys... and you will have some interest from consumers.

I don't know that many people who buy boats... care who is on the "team".

Other than Ryan and his "Barbed Wire X-Star" or the new guys with his "X-80" to make everyone else jealous.

Isn't it more important to pay money to get proper Coast Guard Approvals/Certifications?

Just a thought.

Also... have there been any fully documented warranty details on these new boats coming out. Who and how warranty issues will be taken care of? What does the warranty cover?

Does anyone own one? What kind of manuals... warranty certificate... came with the new boat purchase?