Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       04-27-2014, 6:40 PM Reply   
So I started my Johnson reversible intall. Got all my stuff from MIkesLiquid Audio (great guy answered all my questions....a lot of them). Im about 1/3 of the way through, I'd be WAY further along if that dang 1" hose wasnt so FING stiff. Holy crap!!!!! Any ways a few pics.Name:  WP_20140427_001.jpg
Views: 1254
Size:  105.3 KB

Name:  WP_20140427_002.jpg
Views: 1281
Size:  46.4 KB

Name:  WP_20140427_004.jpg
Views: 1233
Size:  75.8 KB

Name:  WP_20140427_005.jpg
Views: 1233
Size:  38.8 KB
Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       04-27-2014, 6:43 PM Reply   
I'm either going to laminate the oak boxes or build a divider wall to hide it all. Haven't decided yet. The next few evenings i should get it all done. I hope.
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       04-27-2014, 8:42 PM Reply   
That looks great. You need a proper heat gun they are like 10$. Couple questions, whats with the directional valve thing in the box? What boat?
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       04-27-2014, 11:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brichter14 View Post
That looks great. You need a proper heat gun they are like 10$. Couple questions, whats with the directional valve thing in the box? What boat?
That's what I was going to ask, what is in the box, what does that valve do?
I'm guessing it''s a switcher to go to different bags such as port or starboard sacks so you can use one pump for both and just divert the flow one way or another. If so, is it just a A-B type valve to do one at a time or does it have the option to do A-B-A+B to load both up somewhat evenly for wakeboarding too?
I know this would work, but I bet switching sides for surfing would be a long process unless a second pump was added and the valve eliminated. That is all assuming that, that is the purpose of what's in the mystery box.
Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       04-28-2014, 4:45 AM Reply   
The boxes have the 2 position selectable Y's. Theres one in each rear locker. The port side Y controls the rear locker and a bag under the seats ( we all surf regular). The starboard Y controls the locker plus the hose in the in floor "cooler" ( we never use it for anything, its kind of small ) so that i can run it to anywhere in the boat i deem necessary. and everything is all hidden. I was going to have the Y valve by the rear seats but decided id rather have it all hidden in the lockers. now i just have to decide if i want to leave it exposed or put up a divider or false wall to hide it.
Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       04-28-2014, 4:53 AM Reply   
And yeah i should have gotten a real heat gun. I think i will cause i got quite a few more ends to install along with the vent lines.
Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       04-28-2014, 6:09 AM Reply   
AND just realized i posted 2 pics of the same side......sorry. But the other side is just reversed.
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       04-28-2014, 8:28 AM Reply   
Ok, I think I got it. It sounds like you have 2 pumps, 2 valves, 3 bags in place and a hose to fill another one somewhere else in the boat, like the bow or wherever it's needed.
That sounds like a good setup, fill the rear sacks at the same time then when those are full, start filling the side and bow sacks. It's obviously not as quick as having a pump a sack, but it is definitely more cost effective and eliminates the over the side pumps. Looks well thought out.

I think the layout is something like this?
Attached Images

Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       04-28-2014, 9:16 AM Reply   
Thats exactly it. I dont have a lot of room for a third thruhull so i figured it was best this way. That over the side crap sucks.
Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       04-28-2014, 9:17 AM Reply   
Think i should put up the divider wall or just laminate the boxes or just leave it alone?
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       04-28-2014, 9:28 AM Reply   
You mean a divider wall to separate the pump and switch from the bags?
Would it be a removable divider or would you have a hole to switch the valve?

I think functionally everything is fine, if you're concerned about aesthetics, then go ahead, I think it's fine as is though, especially if you have to switch that valve around a few times a session.
Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       04-28-2014, 11:21 AM Reply   
I guess i think it just looks a little odd "unfinished". I'll prob leave it this way for a few weeks. Got to get the wiring done tonight, but it looks like it might rain.
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       04-28-2014, 1:07 PM Reply   
Just get some polyshades black wood varnish and layer that on the boxes. Waterproof and will blend in.
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       04-28-2014, 5:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerbilly View Post
I guess i think it just looks a little odd "unfinished". I'll prob leave it this way for a few weeks. Got to get the wiring done tonight, but it looks like it might rain.
Oh, I didn't mean leave the box unfinished, I meant that how it's setup with it visible looks fine. Definitely do something with the box, either carpet it, paint it. stain it or something.
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       04-28-2014, 1:08 PM Reply   

Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-28-2014, 4:12 PM Reply   
Looks good Bill! After sealing the wood, you could also cover it with light gray marine carpet and id would blend right into the the boat.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-28-2014, 5:27 PM Reply   
Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       04-29-2014, 7:08 AM Reply   
OK another question. When i Y my vent on the port side to a single thruhull do i need 1 or 2 check valves? Will one "after" the Y work or will i need one on each vent line "before" the Y to prevent filling the seat sack at full. ( not sure it would be that much...guess it would depend on how quick i shut it off )
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       04-29-2014, 7:31 AM Reply   
One would work, but I believe you may end up with water from one sack going into the other while it's venting.
This would be negligible if both bags were full, but might end up with some slight weight transfer. Let's say you had the rear sack at 100% and only wanted the side at 50%, or even 0% if you're weighted evenly for wakeboarding, you may have a little transfer from one to another making the weight slightly off. Again that would probably be negligible.
I would say to run one on each line before the Y to avoid this if you're picky about exact weightings.
Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       04-29-2014, 7:55 AM Reply   
Thats what i thought too, but i dont think it will be that much. Ill cross that bridge when it happens. Looks like it will all be on hold for a few days anyways all the severe weather is coming through GA today through tomorrow. I did get the thruhulls drilled and installed last night. Letting them dry before ataching the shutoffs.
Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       05-01-2014, 5:31 AM Reply   
Got everything installed except the vents. Going to lake test this weekend. Filled the sacks with the tsunami and a bucket, they drained fine so im sure they will fill fine. Still need a few things to tie it all in. I'll get ppictures soon.