Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old     (swoopa)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-06-2005, 8:08 PM Reply   
I am buying a 2005 supra 24ssv next week anyone with any feedback on them would be appreciated
Ihave a 2004 Avalanche but wanted more room and built in ballast
Old     (mortbike)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-06-2005, 10:31 PM Reply   
just got my 24 this week, after 6 months of heavy research, could not be happier.my friend has a 04 avalanche, this supra is way bigger, and wider.the supra is really finished off well. and cost thousands less than malibu, naut. mastercraft. just pm with any questions
michael
Old     (swoopa)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-07-2005, 8:13 AM Reply   
thanks mike what about the wake ? do you think it is bigger than the avalanche .what boat did you own before your 24ssv or is this your first boat
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-07-2005, 9:11 AM Reply   
Good choice... post pics once you get it.
Old     (schmo)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-07-2005, 2:20 PM Reply   
I love mine. The wake is quite large with the factory ballast of 1800-2000lbs. It is a large transition, rampy with a lip. McFly ordered custom sacs for the rear (about 900lbs each locker) and he says the wake is extremely large.

With the stock ballast, riding at 70-80 ft is no problem in the 22-24mph range. I would recommend the 340 engine which does great. If you are going to put more weight, consider the wakeboard prop at about 100 bucks more. We did put a 600lb sac across the back seat just trying things out and it definitely could have used a little more power out of the hole (which the upgrade prop would provide). I am about to order some custom sacs and upgrade my prop to load her down a litte more (even though it really doesn't need it as the stock ballast is plenty to pull off all the tricks).

Here are some pics of ours...
http://nesfeder.no-ip.org/Public/Family%20Pictures/SupraBoatSmall.html
Old     (mortbike)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-08-2005, 2:07 AM Reply   
the new wakeboard mag. has a photo of both boats comparing the wake, the supra is much nicer.as far as my past boat,it was a 96 sport nat. open bow, which sank at lake powell,during the perfect storm ......i just saw my boat today, supra boats are finished off at the highest level. very happy with the boat so far , it goes in the water next week. danny were are you located??...
the colors are brittany blue main , with black trim, defcon speakers on the tower ,2 amps , 2 subs, and alpine head unit. let me know if you have any questions..........
cheers
michael
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-08-2005, 10:31 AM Reply   
I started breaking in a 24SSV with the 8.1 yesterday. If you have the money, definitely consider it. The acceleration is amazing.