Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old     (nerin)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-05-2005, 3:02 PM Reply   
Am thinking about purchasing this board and bindings, and was after some comments. has anyone tried it? or have any info or opinions?
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-05-2005, 6:08 PM Reply   
the board is great but if I were you I would throw in an extra 25 dollars and get the ION bindings. I havn't heard great things about the Novas and you might have to upgrade after a good season of learning.
Hope that helps,
Chris
Old     (nerin)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-06-2005, 2:32 AM Reply   
thanks chris, unfortunately im in australia, and its alot more expensive over here, and i can get that package for $849, if i was to get the ion bindings with the board it would be $1240, which is way out of my price range. am a bit unsure also about the nova bindings as havent heard any comments at all about them. Could anyone else recommend anyother good chick set ups?
Old     (nlitworld)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-06-2005, 2:37 AM Reply   
Just curious, but why the heck does it cost so much for wakeboarding stuff there? is it just the shipping costs or is there taxes and tariffs and such on these items?
Old     (nerin)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-06-2005, 3:20 AM Reply   
yep think its all of that, shipping and taxes and stuff. its crap but not much u can do about it.
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-06-2005, 6:56 AM Reply   
How come you don't order from here in the U.S.?? The boardshop I work at carries O'brien and for the vixen with Ions it would be 430.00 and then its probably about 100 dollars to ship. So you would be right in your price range. Let me know. If you want you can email me your address and I could check postage for you.
Later,
Chris
Old     (sylv2080)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-06-2005, 3:03 PM Reply   
Why not try Ebay??????????? That should be be an issue!!!! I've bought stuff from Europe and the Far East.....I bought my cousin the 137 '04 Vixen board with the green ION bindings on Ebay for less then 300.00!!!! BRAND NEW!!!!!!!!! She is freaking out b/c we probably can't ride for another month or two!!! DAMN SNOW
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       03-06-2005, 7:50 PM Reply   
I used to ride a 2002 Obrein Cobe 137, which is the EXACT same board as the Vixen, just different graphics. I LOVE that board, fast responsive, not too aggresive. Take out the fins and you are golden. I gained some weight so it became too small for me otherwise I would still be using it.

Also, I have Ions on my board now. I have yet to find a better pair of bindings. I have a pair of Zeus sitting in my closet, hate em, have ridden all the lf products and still go back to my Ions. I do want to try the 05 obriens tho, Xeons, Agrons

Good luck trying to get a good price, shop around, you don't have to buy everything local.
Old    xtremebordgurl            03-06-2005, 8:30 PM Reply   
Don't forget that the exchange rate is probably the reason for the significant price difference. He could buy a setup for $100 american if he came over here himself and he would probably still have to pay $200 aus. dollars cause of the exchange rate (just an example). I don't really know exactly what the exchange rate is but I'm willing to guess its somewhere arround double.
Old     (nerin)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-06-2005, 10:08 PM Reply   
thanx for all the suggestions guys, nah the exchange rate isnt that bad, 500 US equals about 630 Australian.
Old     (sylv2080)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-07-2005, 4:57 AM Reply   
Ok well if that is the exchange rate you could find the board and bindings on ebay for probably..........$400.00 american @ the most!!!! But I guess you have to factor in that you live in Australia. Either way if I were you I would check it out!
Old     (knelems)      Join Date: May 2002       03-07-2005, 3:29 PM Reply   
Check out LF o4 Minx bindings, the Blue looks great on that board. I just sold one to a customer but I'm swapping out the laces like the 05's so she can tighten them in two areas.I have a photo somewhere I can email you if you like.
Karen