Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       12-14-2006, 12:49 PM Reply   
hit the wakes, I compete with Charlie rock crawling. He has a nasty habit of hitting the out of bounds tape, getting DQed, and letting his true NY attitude loose. Its all in good fun, we bust his chops about it any time we can.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-19-2006, 8:36 PM Reply   
Those Frankie's pictures are funny. In the first one, yes, I'm sitting there, but I look at bit squinty eyed
and unsteady. Then in the next picture I'm gone! I think I had slid down my chair and was taking a nap under
the table. Oh man. What trouble maker brought that bottle of tequilla to the party anyway?

So, does anyone have any interesting Christmas plans? Doreen and I will probably hang up north with some of
my family on Christmas Eve, then it's south to Edison early Christmas mornig to have breakfast with Doreen's
family, then it's further south to Middletown to hang with my sister and my nieces.

Kevin & Karen? Doug? If you want to meet-up in Ridgewood Christmas Eve night for a quick glass or two of
holiday cheer, let me know.

Merry Christmas my NJ/PA wakeboarding brethren!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       12-23-2006, 5:23 AM Reply   
Well, with the end of the year approaching fast, just thought I'd reflect a little about how much fun its been.

WAKEFEST-props to Alex & crew, JB, Justin, Michele, Eustace and everyone else that was involved in our first organized event! It was an awesome day and a great way to promote the sport that we all love.

Speaking of promoting the sport, we had 2 seperate articles written about wakeboarding in the Philadelphia Inquirer. Two guys from the paper spent the better part of a day with us out on the river, taking lots of pics and learning about the sport. Thanks to George, Denise and kids, Brian, Annette, and Kyle for showing the Philly readers what boarding is all about.
Then, the paper does another story about JB and his involvement in the sport.....awesome!

Let's see, there were many fun weekends out on the river with the NJriders, a great raft-up, BBQ's, and tons of riding. Thanks to Michele and Justin for the monday/tuesday evening rides. Can't beat that midweek butter. :-)
Thanks to Jim B. and Alex for the pulls on the Mullica.......great spot Jim!

HOUSEBOAT TRIP- This was a banner trip for us, a great time with friends on a beautiful lake. More riding than your body could take! Hopefully road trips are in our future from now on.

Sept/Oct......we still boarded until the warm weather disappeared, always a good time. Alex put a lid on the season with the "Wake-Bake" in Manahawkin.....thanks Alex and Doreen!

That about sums-up the season for us! A great one it was! Everyone have a safe and happy holiday season. See you next year!

-Dave, Laura, Kyle and Taylor

PS-anyone hitting the NYC boat show, let me know.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       12-23-2006, 6:04 AM Reply   
Oops, I forgot the obvious.......Kyle and Laura learned how to wakeboard early this year! (seems like they've been riding longer)

I also taught Michele and Doug how to barefoot.
Good times!
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-24-2006, 10:40 AM Reply   
We hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas! Be safe and have fun opening all those great presents!!!!

~Justin & Michele~
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-24-2006, 8:18 PM Reply   
Martha Stewart's Holiday To-Do List

December 1
Blanch carcass from Thanksgiving turkey. Spray paint gold, turn upside
down and use as a sleigh to hold Christmas cards.
December 2
Have Mormon Tabernacle Choir record outgoing Christmas message for
answering machine.
December 3
Using candlewick and hand-gilded miniature pine cones, fashion a
cat-o-nine-tails. Flog gardener.
December 4
Repaint Sistine Chapel ceiling in ecru, with mocha trim.
December 5
Get new eyeglasses. Grind lenses myself.
December 6
Fax family Christmas newsletter to Pulitzer committee for consideration.
December 7
Debug Windows '95
December 10
Align carpets to adjust for curvature of Earth.
December 11
Lay Faberge egg.
December 12
Take dog apart. Disinfect. Reassemble.
December 13
Collect dentures. They make excellent pastry cutters, particularly for
decorative pie crusts.
December 14
Install plumbing in gingerbread house.
December 15
Replace air in mini-van tires with Glade "Holiday Scents" in case tires
are shot out at mall.
December 17
Child proof the Christmas tree with garland of razor wire.
December 19
Adjust legs of chairs so each Christmas dinner guest will be the same
height when sitting at his or her assigned seat.
December 20
Dip sheep and cows in egg whites and roll in confectioner's sugar to
add a festive sparkle to the pasture.
December 21
Drain city reservoir; refill with mulled cider, orange slices and
cinnamon sticks.
December 22
Float votive candles in toilet tank.
December 23
Seed clouds for white Christmas.
December 24
Do my annual good deed. Go to several stores. Be seen engaged in last
minute Christmas shopping, thus making many people feel less inadequate
than they really are.
December 25
Bear son. Swaddle. Lay in color-coordinated manger scented with homemade
potpourri.
December 26
Organize spice racks by genus and phylum.
December 27
Build snowman in exact likeness of God.
December 31
New Year's Eve! Give staff their resolutions. Call a friend in each time
zone of the world as the clock strikes midnight in that country.

Merry Christmas everyone!

KG & KG
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-01-2007, 6:53 PM Reply   
Anyone get any cool wakeboard goodies for Christmas? A picture is worth a thousand words.
Upload
Old     (michelelef)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-02-2007, 9:50 AM Reply   
Happy New Year!
Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

Alex, awesome gear! Someone was awfully good to you this year!!

Justin bought me my own girlie rope to match my handle (so we don't have to always change my handle anymore). And he surprised me with The Chick Flick!! It is a kick ass video, and very inspiring. If anyone wants to borrow it, just give a holla!!

So lets hear it...what did everyone else get??
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-02-2007, 2:28 PM Reply   
Alex, nice assortment of goodies! I bet you can't wait to try out that Ronix. (can I take it to OWC with me in march? I promise not to hit the sliders! HAHA!)

Michele, I'd love to check-out "the chick flick" when you're done with it. (are you sure Justin didn't get that for himself!) :-)

EVERYONE.....NYC boat show this saturday. If anyone wants to go, we're taking the F-E-R-R-Y over from Weehawkin. (that's F-E-R-R-Y, as in boat)
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-03-2007, 4:37 PM Reply   
Hey nice gear Alex, I saw that one coming a mile away..No more delaminated board for you, a nice new shiny Ronix One!!!!

Yes Dave, I did have a few subtle intentions of buying the Chick Flick for me! There's some hot riders in there, and they rip it up...See you Saturday!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-04-2007, 8:21 PM Reply   
...so does this mean that we can make that delaminated board into a bench now??? NICE! We'll build the frame from PVC or Mahogany or WhitePine#2! The Big Pun shirt is priceless. Fried-Rice & Rib-Tips!

Not gonna make the boat show, sorry, but take lots of pictures!

where's the 2007 thread?????????????????????
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-04-2007, 8:35 PM Reply   
Doreen and I have thrown around the idea of going to the NYC boat show too, but once we crunched the
numbers we concluded that the return really wouldn't be worth the investment. Plus, I have to work until
4:00pm on Saturday. It's too bad. It would be cool to hang with the wakeboard crew in NYC. I could take
everyone up to 116 & Broadway and show you how cool the Columbia University campus is. And then cross the
street to Amsterdam Avenue for a walk through St. John the Divine Cathedral. Oh well.
However, we may go to Wo Hop in Chinatown pretty much as soon as I get out of work. Is anyone still going
to be in Manhattan around 5:00/6:00pm?
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-05-2007, 11:15 AM Reply   
Nice stuff Alex!! As I did not get any wake specific gifts for Christmas, I did end up with enough cash to get a dry suit. So no more 3/2 in the 50’s for this guy.

We will not be making the boat show either, Anthony starts Ice Hockey skating lessons this Saturday and its time for the Christmas decos to come down.

Have a great weekend Everyone!

Ps - Do we dare give the 07 Jersey Riders thread a not so obvious name such as: “Where you at”, or “Where you gonna be” or “I’m in”… you get the drift..
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-05-2007, 2:23 PM Reply   
Okay, have to throw this out there.............

As some of you may have noticed, my Maristar has been for sale for a month or so. Well, I've found her replacement and am now taking offers on her. But the deadline is thursday the 11th, after that she's gone. (he said as the tears flow like rain)

So if anyone reading this is seriously interested, it would be good to give me a call right away.

-Dave

(Message edited by njskier on January 05, 2007)
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-05-2007, 8:55 PM Reply   
Ok New Jersey crew...I've taken the initiative and started the 2007 New Jersey Riders thread. I'm also going
to email Dave Williams to see if he'd like to send this 2006 thread directly to the archive with honor,
instead of allowing it to sadly and slowly wilt and die on the vine.

It's been another epic thread and it was our best wakeboarding season ever, and I'm totally sure that
2007 is going to be even better.

So you're selling the ol' girl, huh Dave? And you say you've found her replacement? Well?? We want deatails!

No Eustace, I just went the traditional, tried and true name for the 2007 thread. Sometimes there's
elegance in simplicity.

What color is that girlie rope Michele?

Be sure to check-out the Correct Craft booth at the NYC boat show Justin. And when you and Dave are done
with The Chick Flick, maybe I'll give it a look too.

Oh, and Kevin? Don't turn my Temet into a bench just yet. That's going to be my slider board this summer!
Just ask Doug for the details!

See everyone on the 2007 thread!