Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (thescott)      Join Date: Nov 2007       08-06-2013, 12:44 PM Reply   
What happened to Phalanx? Are they done?
Haven't heard anything about them recently. Just curious.
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-06-2013, 1:14 PM Reply   
Scott, unfortunately we had to shut things down a couple of months ago. We gave it everything we had collectively, but sometimes things just dont work out. Kind of bummed, we were really stoked on the product we had lined up to drop this year. Ricky is still riding a Phalanx CW, and he still has yet to break one. Erich builds one hell of a product!
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-06-2013, 1:26 PM Reply   
Yeah was waaaayyyyy too bad. Great bunch of guys between Ray, Joe and the rest.
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-06-2013, 1:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampawake View Post
Yeah was waaaayyyyy too bad. Great bunch of guys between Ray, Joe and the rest.
Thanks man! We truly appreciate your kind words and support. Hope your Phalanx gear is still treating you well!
Old     (bmock50)      Join Date: Feb 2011       08-06-2013, 6:54 PM Reply   
Joe do you have any more of those vests??? I saw one in a vid somewhere and want one haha
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-07-2013, 6:44 AM Reply   
I was wondering why I saw a few clips of Ricky G riding Hyeperlite gear.
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-07-2013, 9:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmock50 View Post
Joe do you have any more of those vests??? I saw one in a vid somewhere and want one haha
i wish buddy!!! i love that vest
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-07-2013, 9:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_nintzel View Post
I was wondering why I saw a few clips of Ricky G riding Hyeperlite gear.
yeah, i know Rusty hooked him up on some boards to try out after Rickys knee surgery
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       08-07-2013, 9:34 AM Reply   
My last two boards were a Company Recruit, and a Phalanx. Both have been the best quality boards I have ever been on. Sad to see them not make it....
Old     (rplogue7)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-07-2013, 8:08 PM Reply   
My rope is a phalanx! It's pretty awesome! The stickers will remain on my snowboard helmet, lol.
Old     (bmock50)      Join Date: Feb 2011       08-07-2013, 9:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburbo View Post
i wish buddy!!! i love that vest
Do you have anything left at all?
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-08-2013, 4:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencercoon View Post
My last two boards were a Company Recruit, and a Phalanx. Both have been the best quality boards I have ever been on. Sad to see them not make it....
nice man! love your profile pic, thats awesome
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-08-2013, 4:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmock50 View Post
Do you have anything left at all?
Let me check when i get home today man. Other than my own personal use stuff, i think I have some T shirts and some hats left....
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       08-08-2013, 8:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburbo View Post
nice man! love your profile pic, thats awesome
Thanks. I thought that I had bought the board from you on ebay a while back. Joeyb91???
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-08-2013, 9:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencercoon View Post
Thanks. I thought that I had bought the board from you on ebay a while back. Joeyb91???
Hahaha, yep that's it!
Old     (bmock50)      Join Date: Feb 2011       08-08-2013, 10:10 AM Reply   
[QUOTE=jburbo;1837894]Let me check when i get home today man. Other than my own personal use stuff, i think I have some T shirts and some hats left....[/QUOTE

If you've still got my number shoot me a text!
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-08-2013, 10:40 AM Reply   
Yeah great stuff. I got two ropes and handles two zip up vest a medium and large. Next was gonna be a board but oh well. I like supporting up starts and new stuff. Not to mention customer service was phenomenal!!!
Old     (tranner)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-08-2013, 3:21 PM Reply   
Joe was very helpful last year in getting me on to a Phalanx board. It is too bad that they had to shut down. In any case, I have a CW 385 (138.5) I would sell or trade for another board if anyone is interested. Rode it behind boat for a year and decided to go with something bigger (142) so I am interested in selling or trading for a cable board.
Old     (rayatrogue)      Join Date: May 2013       08-08-2013, 7:40 PM Reply   
Guys thanks for the kind words, it was a sad day when I found out our investor was pulling the plug on us and there wasn't too much I could do to save the brand. I felt We we're really on the cusp to have a solid year this year.
I have 2 CW boards (138 & 142) I'd sell if any one is interested PM me. I also have some never release Company wake boots left in stock that would match up nicely with the CW.

Side note I'm still involved in wakesports with Agenda Surf and I am currently working on launching a wakesurf board line called Vessel. as well.
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-09-2013, 4:23 AM Reply   
Last year during the company's end of summer clearance sale my brother and I picked up "Vertex CGA" vests. Just wanted to show some love and say that we could not be happier. Such a wonderful product. I know somebody already brought it up but really if anyone has a chance to pick one up do it!
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-09-2013, 6:05 AM Reply   
Ray is a great guy so any of you folk that need surf stuff go get it and support them. It will be impeccable products for sure. I am looking forward seeing these new surf boards!
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-09-2013, 8:07 AM Reply   
Stoked to see that you guys were pumped about what we were doing with Phalanx! Brett,John,Mark,Vinny,Spencer,Riley, you guys rock. Your support means a lot!

And Mark is right on, Ray really knows his stuff, whether its designing boards and boots or softgoods. If you are looking for surf gear check out Agenda, Ray is bringing his A+ game to all those products as well!! The lineup of Vessel wakesurfers is going to be sick!

Again, cant say thanks enough to everyone that supported Phalanx!
Old     (wakeboardmatt)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-12-2013, 10:57 AM Reply   
Wait, so I'm a little confused, what happened? Why did they go out of business? Same story as co.?
Old     (thescott)      Join Date: Nov 2007       08-12-2013, 11:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeboardmatt View Post
Wait, so I'm a little confused, what happened? Why did they go out of business? Same story as co.?
Check out Ray's post above.
Old     (wakeboardmatt)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-12-2013, 1:33 PM Reply   
Oh bad. I skimmed the post. To bad. Loved the look of the line, and heard great stuff!