Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-10-2009, 6:58 PM Reply   
The orignal thread got archived
I have been busy doing a bunch of projects it seems as if you are not doing 20 things at once your not getting anything done LOL. Ill post the installed picks this weekend
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-10-2009, 7:34 PM Reply   
G - your the MASTER !!!!
Old     (muckinaround)      Join Date: Dec 2008       03-10-2009, 8:37 PM Reply   
PIMP!! Looks awesome Grant.
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-10-2009, 8:47 PM Reply   
"Have I ever told you your my hero....." It's about time for an all out thread covering all the badass projects that your done to it with a nice pictorial.
Old     (cpizzle)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-10-2009, 8:52 PM Reply   
Siiiccckkk!!! Make some for me!! I'll buy em!
Old     (cpizzle)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-10-2009, 8:53 PM Reply   
Oh, and nice super CLEAN Air Nautique. What all have you done?? You have a website with pics and mods?
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-11-2009, 7:06 AM Reply   
what are you using as your grill "cloth"?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-11-2009, 9:22 AM Reply   
Thanks for the complements
Chris:I used to have a web sight with pictures of all the projects I started on the boat. When it crashed and I lost all my pictures I sorta stopped keeping pictures of projects and just post them up here.
I need to go back and take a bunch of picture of all the stuff I have done over the years like a photo album.
Sam: Its Aluminum. Its anodized. I bought it from a company on line in LA and had it shipped up here to SF. It came in a 4 X 8 sheet. Check with a local metal shop they sometimes have this material. I have found that cloth works ok with sub's but if you use cloth on the mids and highs you notice a diff in volume.
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-11-2009, 11:06 AM Reply   
G, could you explain the process of cutting the hole in the glass? Did you just use a sawzall to cut that hole? Did you use any other tools? Thanks
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-15-2009, 4:39 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (billthom)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-15-2009, 10:22 PM Reply   
So nice man
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       03-16-2009, 6:09 AM Reply   
G, How does it sound? Is there a big difference between before and after? I'm thinking of doing something similar, and wondering if its worth it.

(Message edited by newty on March 16, 2009)
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-16-2009, 6:37 AM Reply   
its hard to say. I vented the bottom of the passenger seat a few years ago. I can tell you that there was a big differance. With this project there was a month or so between the last time I played the stereo and the time I did this vent. It was hard to tell if the bass was louder because it had been so long from the time I had last heard the system. The Grill on the drivers side is fake. There is no vent there. Its just a grill to match the passenger side.
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-16-2009, 6:59 AM Reply   
What did you use to cut the hole?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-16-2009, 7:32 AM Reply   
Adam: The answer to your question is in the 10th picture in this thread. If you don't have one and your NOT a Caveman a sawzall will work fine. You can use it to cut the straight sections and then use a dremmel to round the corners. You don't have to make a perfect cut out. The grill will cover your cut section. If you can't cut a semi straight line then you shouldn't be using cutting tools on your nice boat. Find a friend that can cut straight and have him help you. The blue tape with a nice line marking your cutting aera makes a good guide.

"A g money tip"
A friend holding a shop vac pointed at your cutting tool removing fiberglass dust as you cut or sand will keep your boat clean as you work and you itch free.
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-16-2009, 11:18 AM Reply   
Thanks G, I think I'm ready to cut now!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-16-2009, 12:30 PM Reply   
You guys should see Grants boat in person. Soo clean. He's definitely a perfectionist and doesn't shy away from too many projects.

Good stuff, Grant.