Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (greenbass86)      Join Date: May 2010       07-18-2010, 12:53 PM Reply   
Are there any boating magazines that I could subscribe to that will help me learn about boats and research them that way when I finally have some money saved up to buy the boat I want, I will know what I am looking for.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-18-2010, 1:05 PM Reply   
eh not really for wakeboats, Ive seen magazines for yachts and powerboats but not for wakeboats. just read up on the forums.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-18-2010, 2:08 PM Reply   
Wakeboarding Magazine and Waterski Magazine both offer online reviews of most the wake boats. However, they are both pretty lame. All the reviews I have ever read say only positives about the boats. They make stupid statments like, "We found the wake firm and rampy with a little lip at the top.... blah, blah, blah." They say junk this about every boat they review. They also do a lot of copy/paste from the manufacturer liturature. So it's really no better than reading brochures.

In this way, it's sorta like reading wakeboard reviews... every board has HUGE pop with super SOFT landings. LOL.

They never point out shortcomings, and they never compare them side-to-side. I think this because while they are busy doing reviews, they are also busy collecting ad revenue from the boat builders themselves. So they won't bite the hand that feeds them.

It's hard to believe that these guys can get their hands on all these boats and have them together on the water... yet they can't give us any meaningful information out of it.

I've often thought about how cool it would be to do true boat reviews with real comparisons, pros/cons, measurements, etc.

http://wakeboardingmag.com/boats/

http://waterskimag.com/virtual-test-drives/

Last edited by ixfe; 07-18-2010 at 2:15 PM.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-18-2010, 9:36 PM Reply   
best boat review you can do is to simply go demo it. i repeat demo!!!! drive it, sit in it, ride behind it, drink a beer in it. then do it again. you will know what boat is right for you
Old     (malibumatt)      Join Date: May 2006       07-19-2010, 1:28 PM Reply   
now you tell me! I drink beer in mine after I bought it.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-19-2010, 1:45 PM Reply   
no body has ever drank beer or any alc in mine haha...