Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old     (whitlock87)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-15-2005, 5:56 AM Reply   
I want to get my son his own board,
He is 14 and has only been riding for a short while. He is currently working on W2W.
He is 5’9” and about 160lbs

I have a Hyperlite ERA147 board that he likes to ride.
I am looking on spending around $500 for both board and bindings.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks David
Old     (lop)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-15-2005, 6:14 AM Reply   
Get him something smaller like a 134 or 139
Old     (just_board)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-15-2005, 8:08 AM Reply   
i agree with the smaller, and if you look around right now on www.wakegiant.com www.wakeside.com and www.buywake.com there are some EXCELLENT deals to be had, go with the LE sphynx bindings for 179 from wakeside, and then get a LF board from wakegiant that is on sale, probably a balance, one of the smaller two sizes, just my thoughts..
Old    thebryan12            08-15-2005, 8:14 AM Reply   
I recommend the Liquid Force trip 138. Barts.com and overtons have board binding combo deals on these that are year old models. Nots sure if you're in a hurry but the 06' will be out shortly so sales on 05' are sure to follow.
Old    sking55405            08-15-2005, 12:11 PM Reply   
ypu should check out hyperlite's state. ive never ridden it but i hear that its a great board to progress on. I ride an obrien custom but i hate that thing. its ok to start on but not to progress on.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-15-2005, 1:16 PM Reply   
i ride the state boots and recommend them to anyone. They^re really adjustable and decent quality.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-15-2005, 1:32 PM Reply   
if you're looking to get the HL state with states, just got with the LF Omega and LF Alpha package. Way more board/binding for your dollar. The LF Omega 139 would be the right size.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-15-2005, 1:44 PM Reply   
Thane Dogg has the best advice so far in my opinion... but to give you some options..
Hyperlite: Motive
Belmont (2003)
Era
3DS
Bindings: Any highend binding, pro* model.
Liquid Force: Trip!!
Omega
Bindings: Any of the higher end* bindings but I
don't recommend the Ultra's for
beginners, just way too much hassel
(although I ride them).

* I say High end bindings because for the most part they arn't too terribly more expensive but are amazingly more comfortable and supportive.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-15-2005, 1:48 PM Reply   
May want to wait for he 06 stuff there David. The new CWB boots look unreal. It's only three weeks away.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-15-2005, 1:51 PM Reply   
I ride a LF trip 138 w/ LF Element bindings and I like them..Don't have much other experience with other products but i have no problems progressing on this board..Got a package for $359 shipped from Overtons.com

BTW, I'm 6'0 168lbs..
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-15-2005, 2:40 PM Reply   
I agree with Paul. I don't know any pro riders that are riding the state boots or the Element boots, but some pro riders ride the Alphas, and they're comparable in price to the states.

Buy your first pair of boots first, if you really plan on getting into wakeboarding. It will make it more enjoyable and save some money in the long run.
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-15-2005, 2:46 PM Reply   
A Liquid Force Trip with some LF Alphas. Best beginner setup for the money.