Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 07, 2003

Old     (aquaholic)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-11-2003, 6:42 AM Reply   
Just posted the info in the Events catagory here or check this WakeFest link.

Who's all coming out? I'm planning on staying at the hotel but there is camping available at Fort Desoto nearby for some of you people who mentioned it. Hoping to see some of the Gainesville and Orlando people out here. Should be a great weekend!
Old    wakejunkeygirl            07-11-2003, 7:02 AM Reply   
hey Mike,

I'd like to check that out....I'll see if I can't drag Jake out there,,no camping or stay over nite of course, but would be kool to hang out and see 'em ride..sure we'd know some people there...have to work Satruday morning, but we could come out early afternoon..

on another note, I tried to post some pix of the other nite when we went out with Craig and Suz, and I got some decent air!!! *thanks to help from everyone on the boat and their good instruction!!* I am almost clearing the wake,,I am doing it next time,,or I am not getting off the water till I do!!! when i tried to upload them , said they were too big, ill have jake do some formatty thingy and post them so u can see.
Old     (aquaholic)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-11-2003, 7:43 AM Reply   
Angi, cool! Should be a good time. Hopefully Craig & Suzy and the rest of our local gang will be there to hang. Maybe we can get "Butch" to bring his boat too!
Old    jakeman            07-11-2003, 9:25 AM Reply   
since novice is no inverts=
that might be something worth training for
Old     (aquaholic)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-11-2003, 9:45 AM Reply   
Yea, also if a few of the women sign up he'll probably add a catagory for that. Just a thought.
Old    oldschool            07-11-2003, 10:12 AM Reply   
I'll come out there. Where is the riding going to happen?

Angi, the photos need to be shrunk down until they hit 100KB at the most.
Old     (aquaholic)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-11-2003, 11:40 AM Reply   
Cool, I figured you would. We can always go over to the "L" too.

Not sure where the riding will happen. Only been there that one time with you. Have to ask Steve.

(Message edited by aquaholic on July 11, 2003)
Old    jakeman            07-11-2003, 11:42 AM Reply   
Suzi Q

u should sign up for "Big Air"
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-11-2003, 12:04 PM Reply   
my boat is not set up for the salty stuff
Old    oldschool            07-11-2003, 12:37 PM Reply   
Who's boat is? :-) Mike and I both run normal rigs. Just have a good cleaning routine.
Old    oldschool            07-11-2003, 12:40 PM Reply   
Hey, they gonna have a wakeskate division? I'll sign up for that. How about a double up contest? I'll do that one on the skate too. Go for the triple-lindy.
Old     (aquaholic)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-11-2003, 12:40 PM Reply   
That's ok Tim, I'm sure one of us will have room for you if you're coming down. We should have a few more boats from our crew there also. Hopefully Jordan will bring the X-30.
Old     (aquaholic)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-11-2003, 12:41 PM Reply   
We should talk to Steve about it. He's pretty open for whatever. He said he's trying to get Brian Grubb to do a demo there but it's not confirmed yet. That would be cool.

He is having a double comp. That should be cool too.
Old     (aquaholic)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-29-2003, 1:21 PM Reply   
Less than a week to go. I know there are more people than this coming.

Tim, what's your story??

Orlando Crew??

Saturday night should be pretty crazy. There is also a large wedding and St. Pete HS 25 year reunion going on.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-29-2003, 2:11 PM Reply   
won't make it this time, sorry!
Old    ghettolake415            07-29-2003, 3:42 PM Reply   
I think i am goin to enter the novice division (i can do some inverts but i think i'll suck it up in any other division)this weekend. i've never competed and i have a few questions: r we riding in the bay (u gotta love saltwater that's what i always ride in), in novice u can do spins right, what type of boat is pullin the event (i ride behind a jet boat w/ a tower so just to ride behind a real boat is reason enough for me to enter), do u get two passes and approximately how long is a pass???????

sorry to sound like a retard but i'm completely new to this and want to go to an event!!!!!!!!!!
Old    ghettolake415            07-29-2003, 3:52 PM Reply   
BTW it would be cool to ride w/ some of u guys in st. pete some time!!!!!!! I live in sarasota.
Old    ghettolake415            07-29-2003, 4:42 PM Reply   
I just talked to my friend and he is goin to enter also!!!!! one more question r we goin to be hitting any sliders.
Old     (aquaholic)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-30-2003, 5:10 AM Reply   
Tim, you are missing out!!

Michael, yes riding in the bay, you can do as many spins as you want in novice. The Hyperlite rep (Jeff Hear) is bringing the Mastercraft X-2 to pull the event. You get 2 passes, should be pretty long at this location, you'll probably get about 6 or 8 tricks in each pass. Don't think they'll have any sliders though. We'll be doing some riding after the event and then more on Sunday so you should hang out afterwards.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-30-2003, 5:59 AM Reply   
Mike, I know I'll be missing out, but I will be riding at least!
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-30-2003, 6:19 AM Reply   
Mike,
Damn bro, sorry to say I can't make it.
I have good reason though. Closing on the new pad tomorrow - it's on the water. So stoked.
Obviously we'll be super busy this weekend painting and fixing up the new place.
Have a great weekend!
Peace,
David
Old    oldschool            07-30-2003, 6:40 AM Reply   
I called Steve yesterday to confirm. I'll be there Saturday morning at 7:30am to report for chase boat duties.
Old    ghettolake415            07-30-2003, 7:06 AM Reply   
thanks for the info Mike!!!!!! i'm really stoked to go to something like this, i think it will be a blast. maybe we could ride after too that would be great!!!!!!!
Old     (aquaholic)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-30-2003, 7:22 AM Reply   
David, sorry we won't see you either but congrats on the new pad! Hopefully I'll get to come check it out sometime.

Tim, I'll catch up with you one of these days.

Michael, we'll see ya there!
Old    ghettolake415            07-30-2003, 7:38 AM Reply   
Mike r u riding in the event or just helping out???
Old     (aquaholic)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-30-2003, 8:09 AM Reply   
I'll be riding intermediate.
Old     (aquaholic)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-30-2003, 8:20 AM Reply   
Also, I just found out the guy who won the World Wakesurfing championship, Drew Danielo, will be giving a seminar on Sunday at 10 am with a freeriding session to follow. Should be cool!
Old    jakeman            07-30-2003, 11:32 AM Reply   
watersports said they need more girl riders to enter

sunday will be a all day demo day

this wakefest will be off da hook
Old     (aquaholic)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-30-2003, 12:10 PM Reply   
Here's a pic of where we'll be riding. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and we'll have this kind of conditions on Saturday.

site.jpg
Old    jakeman            07-30-2003, 1:11 PM Reply   
friday we need to get together and clean up the sea-weed

LOL
Old     (aquaholic)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-30-2003, 1:26 PM Reply   
Yea, good idea!

Looks like we just got confirmation that Brian Grubb and Daniel Lovett will be doing a wakeskate seminar and some riding on Sunday also.

Wakeskate seminar will be at 11 am.

Craig, you gonna be up for it? How's the neck?

(Message edited by aquaholic on July 30, 2003)
Old    supraboarder            07-30-2003, 2:35 PM Reply   
Jake, I'll have maint. clean it up each morning... but it normally comes back by nightfall. They've got a little tractor that comes in and is supposed to do it every morning(doesn't happen all that often, I'll be honest)

I'll be there late friday night and probably won't be leaving till sunday night.
Old    jakeman            07-30-2003, 4:09 PM Reply   
shawn

I will be there sat @ 7am to help Steve w/ set-up

anyone who wants to come early please do = so we can make this a great time =so watersports will have another one b4 the end of the year

I will bring some rakes so we can make the location look good

this is our homecourt so lets make it the sweetest wakefest possible

also we need to get in touch w/ baynews 9 to cover it
Old    supraboarder            07-30-2003, 5:25 PM Reply   
Jake, I'll be out there early, not sure about 7am... but early enough to help out if I can.

I just talked to Jordan and he's bringing the X-30 out, so even if I don't compete, I'll hopefully still have the chance to ride a set or two.

Mike, you ever talk to that guy from Red Bull about coming out to the event? I sent him an email a while ago and he said he was interested but when I sent him more info on it, I never got a response.
Old     (aquaholic)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-31-2003, 4:31 AM Reply   
I'll be there early also.

Shawn, I sent that guy a message too but haven't heard anything. I talked to a girl who was at the last event a couple weeks ago so hopefully they'll be there.
Old    oldschool            07-31-2003, 6:22 AM Reply   
Mike, I'm going to ride. I need some more contest's under my belt. I am going to get the Launch out tomorrow after work to practice. Steve is giving me free entry for doing hte chase boat duties.
Old     (aquaholic)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-31-2003, 6:35 AM Reply   
Craig, cool! I'm sure you'll do better this time. Just ride like you're at the L!
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-31-2003, 1:40 PM Reply   
Some friends and I are coming to try to represent Lake Magdelene, we'll be bringing the Malibu if anyones looking for a pull. I'll likely ride novice and a friend of mine will ride in the advanced division. Off the subject question - are dogs aloud on the beach? I saw a couple people brought them to Tower Lake, but didn't know if it would be cool in this location?Looking forward to meeting some cool people and watching some sick riding...
Old     (aquaholic)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-31-2003, 1:45 PM Reply   
Ted, sounds good. I'm not sure about the dogs, you may want to call the hotel and ask.
Old    supraboarder            07-31-2003, 1:54 PM Reply   
Ted, Dogs are not prohibited on the beach, my boss has one there everyday, however, I wouldn't bring like 7 great danes, they might get in the way of everyone and piss people off. Other than that, it's free game.
Old    jakeman            07-31-2003, 2:55 PM Reply   
Ted
look for the
420EMPIRE.COM BOAT
" ST PETE REPRESENT "

good luck in the contest

late/jake
Old    ghettolake415            08-01-2003, 7:25 AM Reply   
hey if u call waterports west can u pre- register or do u just have to be there at 7 and register?????????
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-01-2003, 7:47 AM Reply   
Thanx Jake, I'll look for the boat. Good question Michael, getting up at 5 to be there at 7 on a day off can hurt sometimes - sometimes hurts worse after a friday night....
Old    ghettolake415            08-01-2003, 8:32 AM Reply   
tru and i'm an hour away
Old    oldschool            08-01-2003, 10:59 AM Reply   
I hope no one is thinking of riding behind their own boat during the comp. That will only ruin the water for us. There are places around the causeway you can ride. This comp. is going to be held in open water, so I can see wakes or rollers from hundreds or yards away affecting the conditions. It may end up looking like the X Games days in San Fran.
Old     (aquaholic)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-01-2003, 11:07 AM Reply   
Click here for the entry & release form. Fill it out and send it in to them and you should be ok. I'd give them a call to make sure they get it.
Old    jakeman            08-01-2003, 11:38 AM Reply   
good point
-craig-

please anchor all boats and remind other boaters to anchor

Old    ghettolake415            08-01-2003, 2:32 PM Reply   
i talked to the shop and i faxed my liablitly form to them, so now i just have to get there between 7 and 8 to check in and give them my money.
Old    supraboarder            08-01-2003, 5:50 PM Reply   
So here I am, back at home. I got halfway through georgia and my bro's car (that I picked up from getting worked on just before I left) decided to break down and start shaking violently... I've got word out to delta to try and find me a flight down there, but it ain't lookin good folks. So yeah, my parents are down there already, waiting for me, I already paid for a hotel room that I can't cancel and a car that won't work... this sucks. Hope everything goes well guys...

(Message edited by SupraBoarder on August 01, 2003)
Old    minty_fresh            08-01-2003, 8:06 PM Reply   
Haven't been on here for a while....but I'll be going as well. Bringing the G/F along too....she's thiking of entering for the comp! She'd getting pretty good now! Well, hope to meet some of you out there. I talked to Jon and Steve at Watersports West the other day...and sounds like it's gonna be a pretty good turn out...and weather so far looks to be on our side! I can't wait to see the Wakesurfing demo on Sunday...I'd like to see what those guys can do!
Old    jakeman            08-01-2003, 8:42 PM Reply   
shawn

u got 8 hrs to get here

you can always try to make it for the demos sunday

can I borrow yur room until u get here?

late/jake
Old    wakejunkeygirl            08-01-2003, 8:58 PM Reply   
the music is all ready for Wakefest, 2003...I spent all day Thursday compiling 8 hours of music! i hope everyone likes all the different selections!!! I tried to cover everyones taste,,*cept country,,* sorry,,,no way no HOW. only devil went down to georgia..that s the ONLY country I like, but don't worry, i didnt subject everyone to charlie daniels.. see everyone out there!
I'll be the one in the Von Dutch hat, thats 5 feet tall.
Old    ghettolake415            08-02-2003, 5:20 PM Reply   
i had a blast!!!!!! It was sooo much fun!!!!!!! The water was a littel rough when i rode but it's all good!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old    flwakechick            08-02-2003, 11:00 PM Reply   
Hey, y'all. I wish I coulda made it out there today, but I had to go wakeboarding. Is it wrong to blow off a wakeboarding event to go wakeboarding?
Old     (cbv)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-03-2003, 4:44 AM Reply   
Jen-
You should have came out anyway, we met up w/a few riding buds and did it all. Hung out, watch most of the comp and went boarding too.

Saw Mikes & Gregs run. I thought the area was ok, access to food and bathrooms were the best, but the course ran out away from the shore, making it difficult for peeps w/o boats to view...lucky I brought mine, and the water was pretty unforgiving due to the weather, huge @$$ sailboats and yatchs cruising through the course!

We meet up with Paul Morical, Maria and her daughter Monica, Paul Knapp (Brents friend) and his son who rode in the kids division and did quite well, met a dude named Chris who wanted a pull, Brent and his woman Dawn was there, saw Mike n his hang out crew and he gave us directions to riding spots.

Monica, Maria's daughter kept us pretty busy with water fights, splashing buckets of water back n forth, sea weed battles, and she squirted me with a ton of sun block...gooped it all over me, so I thanked her with a huge hug and got it all over her too. She made us act our ages for sure!

We didnt watch all the advance or the outlaws because a storm was coming in and some of us were a little pumped and wanted to ride!

BTW Mike, did you place? Gotta watch those butt checks :-) And, Im not sure if we found the "L" but we did find a place to ride.
Old     (cbv)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-03-2003, 4:45 AM Reply   
BTW Jen, Brent and I did look for you. We couldnt find you anywhere...we know why now!
Old    ghettolake415            08-03-2003, 7:23 AM Reply   
Cliff what boat did u have?????
Old     (cbv)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-03-2003, 12:10 PM Reply   
I had the 23' white/green rinker w/the custom tower.
Most of us were sitting on the tower watching intermediate class before we bolted to ride.
Old    claids            08-03-2003, 1:19 PM Reply   
I had a great time watchin saterday, Met mike, awesome guy, sunday he gave me a pull

met angie and susie , both awesome

met craig and bruce and jordan, rode behind jordans boat, huge wake with all of us in it

all in all, i think it was a great weekend
Old    ghettolake415            08-03-2003, 1:29 PM Reply   
cliff yea i saw u guys out there
Old    claids            08-03-2003, 1:36 PM Reply   
does anyone have pics from the comp.?

mike, who was the guy video taping in the L with us?

i think they got one of my good falls in the background i wanna see that video

i saw lots of photographers, where are those pictures ending up?
Old    flwakechick            08-03-2003, 1:37 PM Reply   
Sounds like Wakefest was a lot of fun! Went riding with some people behind Adam's dad's boat in a perfect little cove on the ICW. I think it was the Pass-a-Grill area. I'll just have to try to get out to the next one!
Old    supraboarder            08-03-2003, 2:05 PM Reply   
damn u guys sound like you had a really good time... wish I coulda been there. instead I got to sit at home and work on a truck. oh well. I'd love to see pics of everyone and all that. How'd everyone ride?
Old    ghettolake415            08-03-2003, 3:26 PM Reply   
yea i was planning on making a video on the whole day, but i forgot my camera. i was thikin about how good the vid was goin to be all week and then i forget the camera but w/e. i finnished first in the 15 year old novice. i think i'm goin to bring my boat down there one weekend and ride.
Old    wakejunkeygirl            08-03-2003, 4:06 PM Reply   
Clay, that was my husband, Jake, if you go to 420Production.com he will have all the video..i took some pix, but i am sure Barry will be posting some REAllY good stills. jake will have a great video ready for everyone in about 2 or 3 days...gotta edit and then compile! so, keep checkin' his website. I guess Jake got some great footage of the guys he was on that other boat with..he said they were getting crazy!

Jenny, we had a great time, Saturday Craig ripped it up in the comp! GOOD JOB CRAIG! cant wait to watch the video of that and Mikes run!
Sunday we all went to the "L" and it was lookin' a little choppy for me and Suz*we opted to wait till after the storm, that never came..*, but Clay and his friend both rode on Novaks boat with us. Mike took me and Jake and WAlly out later by the area where the comp was, it wasnt choppy but 'Rolly'...still got a couple runs in..and Jake used the rollies to hit a sweet double up!!!
After that Novak, Jake and I went on Jordans boat and tried wakesurfing for the first time! it was so kool! i got up on my first try and actually surfed it without the handle! *guess all the time on that balance board paid off!**
Jordan, Jake and Mike did awesome on it!..now i wanna buy one! its a nice alternative to wakeboarding!

anyway, congrats craig on your win! and Mike too, you guys both rode great specially with the nice choppy rolly water!! Thanks for the pulls mike and Jordan, had a great time, as usual!
Really fun two days! looking forward too the next one!! I'm entering that one!!! * Suzie you are TOO!*
Old    wakejunkeygirl            08-03-2003, 4:08 PM Reply   
oh and i got a great picture of a drunk guy who passed out and fell over in his chair and STILL didnt wake up!!!..CLASSIC!
Old    claids            08-03-2003, 4:38 PM Reply   
i cant believe that guys friend was video taping him puking...

thats aweful lol

post up the pics you took angi

(Message edited by claids on August 03, 2003)
Old    wakejunkeygirl            08-03-2003, 5:53 PM Reply   
oh i will!!! gotta upload them!

good ridin by the way,,where do u guys live??
Old    claids            08-03-2003, 6:52 PM Reply   
i dunno how often you are down here, i live right by maximo marina, its 34th street (us19) and 46th ave south down here, i actually live pretty close to where we were by water, like a couple minutes

i dunno why but i couldnt get much air off of mikes wake, i just needed to get used to it, i totally forgot to ride the Parks 138 i brought out there

when i was on jordans boat i used that big parks that mike brought out, it was nice but it seemed a lil big, the different style of board cut a lil differently, im sure i didnt look to graceful on those first two runs lol

my boats in the shop so im stuck without a pull right now, i wonder if mike wants a ridin partner for the lake :-)
Old    jakeman            08-03-2003, 9:18 PM Reply   
special thanks to
WATERSPRORTSWEST and Hyperlite for a great weekend.
Steve Levine put on a very extreme weekend
-feel sorry for anyone who missed it-
there was so much to do -they evan had football/volleyball

We met a lot of new friends this weekend

Everyone needs to talk Steve into another one in October

working very hard on the video and pics-lots of edititng to do

keep checking www.420EMPIRE.com
for new videos and pics

I am beyond tired.

peace out
late/jake

Old     (aquaholic)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-04-2003, 5:08 AM Reply   
Yea, big thanks to Watersports West & Hyperlite for a great event. Jeff Heer, JD Webb, Brian Grubb, Jonathin Nadolski, Jeff Solie, and a few others came out to help. Jeff Heer got a short course on channell markers and ocean navigation in the X-2 :-) ("what are those red & green signs for?") Had a blast both days, met a bunch of people, and I'm pretty fried from all the fun n sun. Can't wait to see Jake's video! I know he got plenty of footage.

Congrats to Craig for winning Intermediate as well as running the chase boat! Also to Michael Renda for 1st in Novice! Too many rollers for me but I had a blast anyway.

Clay, good meeting you and Tim. I'll let you know next time I go out to the lake. I've got to work on the boat some this week. Found out the ballast was leaking, only the factory tanks were full when you were riding.

Thanks to Jordan for the great Wakesurfing wake behind that X-30! Drew Danello was awesome on that thing! I think we all had a great time with that and you don't need smooth water!

Shawn, sorry you missed it bud! You'll have to wait for the video!

(Message edited by aquaholic on August 04, 2003)

(Message edited by aquaholic on August 04, 2003)
Old    wakejunkeygirl            08-04-2003, 12:57 PM Reply   
by the way, did everyone like the music at wakefest?? I compiled it all and burned it over the last few weeks....let me know some favs and dislikes so i have an idea for the next one!!!

www.angisimpson.com

hope i covered everyones taste in MUZAK!
Old    jakeman            08-04-2003, 1:23 PM Reply   
the muzic was da shiz-bomb-iz-nitz

steve wanted jimmy buffet but denied

Old     (aquaholic)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-04-2003, 1:25 PM Reply   
Yea, great job on the music Angie! And on the wakesurfing!
Old    claids            08-04-2003, 2:17 PM Reply   
put more 311 in next time :-)
Old    wakejunkeygirl            08-04-2003, 3:07 PM Reply   
oh yeah, good call Clay, i forgot all about them,,,did i ever tell u guys about the time when Jake met 311???? LOL

thanks Mike,,,now i wanna buy one!!! that was FUN!
Mike your family is the best, your wife is so nice and pretty, and to have teenage kids with good manners, that hang out with their parent s cuz they want to , that s GREAT!!! what a neat thing to see, a kool, functioning, family that has fun and supports each other!!! i love it! *wanna adopt a 31 year old wakeboarding girl???* I'll keep my room clean,,I PROMISE!!! oh, and i'm gonna need some allowance too.
Old    jakeman            08-04-2003, 3:33 PM Reply   
Clay-
can't wait to tell you bout the time I partied w/ dave from 311 @ the Cypress Hill Concert
LOL-Angi

Mike-Angi is lying -she dosen't clean nothing
Old    ghettolake415            08-04-2003, 3:53 PM Reply   
is there goin to be another comp b4 the summer is over????????? cuz i'll definately be there!!!!!!!!!!
Old    jakeman            08-04-2003, 4:18 PM Reply   
Mike

we r trying to get Steve @ watersportswest
to throw one in oct

so "bang your monkey" -Jim Rome style
and let him know how bad we want to party extreme style

late/jake
Old    wakejunkeygirl            08-04-2003, 5:34 PM Reply   
I'm entering the next one,,no ifs ands or BUTTs. ...BIG ONES!!!! i gotta learn to land and ride 180/switch reallyyyy good..so guys when u r out with me, push me and don't let me 'girl' out...!!!!!

Craig and Bruce really stay on my A** hardcore,,,they are the best!