Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 22, 2008

Old     (powercorps)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-17-2008, 9:58 AM Reply   
I am working on a toeside backroll and 360. I have a similar problem with both of them. When I land my chest is always too opened up toward the boat, my board slips out, and I land on by butt. I remember having this problem with my normal ts wake to wake when i was first learning. I figured out how to correct that problem by keeping my shoulder down but with the bigger tricks I cannot figure out how to set them up so I land with my shoulder down. Any ideas?
Old     (jsweat)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-17-2008, 10:15 AM Reply   
take your back hand off the handle and try and keep the handle close to your lead hip and it should stop you from opening up

(Message edited by jsweat on September 17, 2008)
Old     (riverratboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-17-2008, 10:25 AM Reply   
keep the handle tight to your front hip area. Try and land with you chest over your toe edge with the board pointed in the right direction.
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-17-2008, 10:36 AM Reply   
Luke, for some people it's easier to think just about the handle pass. Don't think spin on the T3 just think handle pass. If you think about spinning you will overrotate. This line of thinking works for some people.
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-17-2008, 4:25 PM Reply   
Here's my checklist for the T3:

1. Cut in as for a normal TS W2W, keep the handle tight on the front hip.
2. Pop (still keeping that handle glued to your front hip with both hands)
3. Wait till the apex of your jump, then..
4. Pull the handle with your back hand toward your back hip while looking over your shoulder for the shore.
5. Pass the handle, keep it tight to your front hip (to have room for pay out)
6. Spot the landing with your eyes, with your face pointing at the shore.

I first learned these one wake, which is great practice, but when you take it w2w, remember to wait.

Can't do a TS Roll yet, so you're on your own there.
Old     (snowman89)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-18-2008, 8:58 AM Reply   
I signed up for that learn wake thing and they told me some pretty interesting stuff for toeside jumps, I self corrected my tendency of landing on my heels by trying to close my shoulders up to the boat but this was incorrect, they said the reason I was landing on my heels is i was trying to pop too much with my upper body. It could be that your either over rotating each trick or your really throwing your chest back on your way up the wake.
Old     (powercorps)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-18-2008, 1:30 PM Reply   
what is the learn wake thing?
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-18-2008, 4:00 PM Reply   
I just learned t/s w2w this year, and just yesterday I got my t/s 3 back after 2weeks of frustration, I found that when I keep my head up the entire time I will land even if I land off edge, maybe something to try.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-19-2008, 6:59 AM Reply   
Luke,

Have you ever tried to do a TS BR to Revert? Very easy, if you keep your back hand on the rope you will come around switch automatically. Also I really like what Skubz said about "dont think spin, think Handle pass." What that means is thinking spin makes people rush the spin and start the rotation on the wake not in the air. When I do a TS 3 Frontside or backside for that matter I think about Handle positoin and nothing else. ON a TS 3 you have take an approach that will at least get you over the 2nd wake. As soon as you leave the wake just move the handle from your front hip to the small of your back, do this while turning your head over your lead shoulder. A lot of people "slip out" because they are spotting the landing in the wrong spot, typically they try to look back towards the boat/wake. I always suggest looking at the horizon, or at least in the direction you're traveling, not back at the boat. Looking at the boat will make you open your shoulder towards the boat, actually sort of over rotate them, hence slipping out. As you know you can land this wrapped/blind or pass early. I suggest passing eary just for ease of progression to 540. Have fun with it, TS 3's are great you can do a ton of different grabs when doing them, nose mute, melon, slob, etc.

If you do it this way, when the time come to take your TS 3 to 5 all you have to do is continue that handle across your body and the last 180 will just come around.
Old     (nickswake)      Join Date: Jun 2008       09-19-2008, 7:27 AM Reply   
learnwake is a website with AMAZING instructionals. You should definitely check it out. Go to www.adrenalindustries.com and click on the "links" page. You will see the icon for learnwake.com which will take you to the an intro and site demo!! It has helped me land several new tricks.
Old     (snowman89)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-19-2008, 9:48 AM Reply   
Whats cool about learnwake is you can submit your video on a bulletin and mike mclin or kyle schmidt will look at it (usually within a day or two) and will tell you your problem areas. And I like them better than most coaches cuz most coaches blame every mistake on not holding your edge when there can be so many more problems. And plus I think there alot more correct on certain aspect of tricks such as