Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 05, 2009

Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-11-2008, 9:09 AM Reply   
Did I miss a thread on this? Because I received this email yesterday and it sounds pretty cool.

Don’t Just Rock it. Customize it.

You know the dream where you are the envy of all your friends because you have a wakeboard that nobody else in the world has? CWB Board Co. will utilize their USA board building expertise to make your dream a reality. Coming this spring, simply log onto www.my-cwb.com , pick your mold shape and start designing your graphic masterpiece. You choose the shape, the size, the colors and the text as you customize your own wakeboard. The crew at CWB will then hand build your board at our factory in Lynnwood, Washington. A few weeks later your personalized graphic one of a kind wakeboard will be in your hands. CWB Board Co, making dreams reality.

$499.99 blank.

Details, dealers and website coming soon.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       12-11-2008, 9:25 AM Reply   
This is a really great idea, but the cost for you to do this will be through the roof!
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-11-2008, 3:23 PM Reply   
i know that CWB had a contest a while back for something like this (one winner) and there is a report on it in the contest tab i thnk... could you beconfusing the two? or maybe i just never heard about this
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       12-11-2008, 3:40 PM Reply   
No this is something new CWB is doing for 09, new website and more details will be released soon.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-11-2008, 5:05 PM Reply   
Kool!
I have not heard of a wake company doing custom graphics since the 'ol Dynaride company!

Now all CWB just needs to do is get into the flex tech ;)
Old     (chrism4668)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-11-2008, 10:31 PM Reply   
I was actualy thinking about this the other day it is such a good idea i was about to email hyperlite asking if they would do something like this as i want to get one for my company now cwb have come out with it! I hope other companys pick it up also.
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       12-11-2008, 10:46 PM Reply   
so does this cut out cwb dealers in any way. step up cwb..... give your dealers... you know the ones who have supported you since day one.... a piece of the pie.

also ship the board to a dealer for pickup.....

if i was a cwb dealer i'd be pissed. why buy a stock board from your shop... when you can get a custom one from the company itself????//
Old     (chrism4668)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-12-2008, 12:04 AM Reply   
The custom ones are obviously going to be a bit more pricey than a standard one.
Old     (dillls)      Join Date: Jul 2008       12-12-2008, 7:09 AM Reply   
If it's anything like Burton's Series 13, then they will be really salty.
Old     (snowman89)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-12-2008, 7:41 AM Reply   
I can't see a really expensive custom graphic wakeboard taking away from dealers business.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       12-12-2008, 8:21 AM Reply   
From what I understand, you will buy the boards through CWB dealers.
Old     (steve_b)      Join Date: Feb 2004       12-12-2008, 5:20 PM Reply   
It is run through the dealers, not factory direct.