Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       05-10-2013, 12:48 PM Reply   
Ok so I am finally getting back into the game and bought an older 22 SSV that had perfect cruise. I have a PP Digital Pro module that I can plug in and was wondering if it would be better to go with the nauticLaugic or go Stargazer? Not as much concerned about price as I am concerned about nauticLaugic working with the Digital pro with v 6.5 on it. Problems? issues?

The comnparison exactly is:

Digital Pro + nauticLaugic + an older single line display gauge = $519
or
Upgrade in full to Stargazer with a newer gauge w/ 2 line display = $697

All the other wiring is present in the boat.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       05-10-2013, 1:09 PM Reply   
Also, will my dual ski paddlewheels at the rear of the boat work with the Digital pro? Maybe I don't have to upgrade?
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       05-10-2013, 1:32 PM Reply   
The nauticlogic simply mimics the output of a standard paddle wheel, so there shouldn't be any compatibility concerns. I have the Nauticlogic, and it works great.
Old     (dhcomp1)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-10-2013, 1:57 PM Reply   
Go full stargazer/

For your use, why try and retrofit one system into another?

Plus, the newer display is way easier to see.

Pull the trigger on the Stargazer setup.
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-10-2013, 2:19 PM Reply   
My paddlewheel went out and I stumbled onto nauticlaugic as a plug in replacement. It works great. Would recommend. Mine was only $200 or so, I think, and it was plug and play. The owner was helpful when I called him, so call him up and ask how his product would work.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       05-10-2013, 3:27 PM Reply   
Yeah the display was a concern and the old ones have a tendency to fade and go out over time. If it went out a year from now i would have to pay more to upgrade it than the difference in price for the newer system now.

One of the questions in my head is that everyone says the nauticLogic GPS system is more accurate than the garmin (updates faster). This is supossedly a benefit in overcast weather. Should I even worry about that?

Also I am still curious if anyone knows if the older ski paddle wheels (back of the boat) will work with PP Digital Pro for wakeboarding?
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-12-2013, 11:55 AM Reply   
I've had no issues with my Perfect Pass GPS updating or locking in.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       05-17-2013, 3:14 PM Reply   
Has anybody used the old ski paddle wheel on the back of the boat with PP? Has it worked well or just as well as the through the hull paddle wheel?