Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (k2rider2690)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-03-2010, 1:34 PM Reply   
So im sure by now every knows how slingshot has delayed their bindings to come out in 2011...well i had a warranty issue so i was supposed to wait and get these but now my options were just to get the 09's...but since they dont have any new bindings for this year and they didnt make anymore of the others there selling completely out of bindings! So basically slingshot will not be selling any bindings this year and we the customers wont be able to even get replacements! I have 09 floyds and they want to give me 08 drivers! Why should i have to get a year older model when i spent the money to get new ones! I should be getting at least the exact same pair replacement but they dont even have my size anymore! I mean is that wrong of me to think that? If they give me 08's to keep me riding until they can send me the 2011's i can understand but i do not want my 09's that i spent 450 dollars on to be replaced for good with 08's until i go and spend my own money to upgrade!
Old     (supernatural)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-03-2010, 4:42 PM Reply   
Slingshots reputation is dropping like a rock. I was in the same position as you, waiting for my warranty pair of 2010's but I got tired of waiting and moved back to LF Shanes (IMO a better binding anyways). I will most likely be riding a Hybrid Watson next as Slingshot's customer service has gone to s*@t.
Old     (ghettofab)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-03-2010, 9:33 PM Reply   
honestly the 2008 drivers are better then the floyds. Ill ride the 2008 drivers till 2020 they are the sickest boots ever.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-03-2010, 9:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettofab View Post
honestly the 2008 drivers are better then the floyds. Ill ride the 2008 drivers till 2020 they are the sickest boots ever.
for you they're better. does that make it ok to replace mike's 09 bindings w/ 08?
Old     (BigTEX)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-03-2010, 11:10 PM Reply   
Im in disbelief that slingshot even thinks that this would be acceptable
Old     (jondextan)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-04-2010, 2:45 AM Reply   
you should get a pair each of PB and D2s for your 09 Floyds. that's two is to one.
Old     (highrock)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-04-2010, 5:54 AM Reply   
Did you really pay $450 for your bindings???.....I would be upset too in your case. I have 08 bindings anyway so replacing them with 08's was fine with me. Thats crazy they are looking at running out, maybe they should call their dealers and get what they have left in iventory back.
Old     (ghettofab)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-04-2010, 12:14 PM Reply   
lets not all just jump on the freak out wagon. im sure slingshot will make things right
Old     (k2rider2690)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-04-2010, 1:53 PM Reply   
yeh what im hoping is that they give me replacement 08's to ride for this season until they release their new ones and send me those...i understand their problem but i think that is the right thing to do since replacing my 09's with 08's really isnt right.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-04-2010, 8:22 PM Reply   
+1 for the D2's being the best ever.... I have up my Floyds and went back to my D2s
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-05-2010, 12:57 AM Reply   
those that are praising your D2 bindings would be singing a different tune had it been hyperlite, liquid force, etc., proposing to replace someone's '09 bindings w/ a pair of '08 bindings. i can almost guaran-freakin'-tee it.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-05-2010, 4:33 AM Reply   
I agree with Joe!

Have you asked them to just refund your $? Seems to me that if they can't replace them with something of equal or greater value, then they should give you your money back so you can purchase something else.

Just for the record, I have a pair of '08 D2's as well and love them, but still don't think that it's right for them to replace new boots with old boots.

Last edited by ironj32; 04-05-2010 at 4:36 AM.
Old     (k2rider2690)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-05-2010, 7:05 PM Reply   
yeh they said that they could give me a refund or get 08's or wait till the brand new ones but thats over a year away...so i dont know what i should do
Old     (canadian_waterboy)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-05-2010, 7:39 PM Reply   
obvious solution is to get a refund. If they don't have 09s in stock there isn't much you can do. Just get your money back and try a different company.... or even better get your $450 back, and then pick up the 08 D2s online for $200
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-05-2010, 7:57 PM Reply   
get a refund and get some liquid force, hyperlites, ronix, etc. you never know if you're going to have another warranty issue. these companies will take care of you. if you get the 08 slingshot and have another warranty issue, are they going to honor the fact that you JUST got 'em in 2010, or will they say, "sorry, they're 08 bindings...they're too old."
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-06-2010, 11:36 AM Reply   
If they offered to give you a FULL cash refund, that is above and beyond IMO and do not know what else they could do to make the situation right. I would think a partial refund would be fair but agree getting leftover stuff is not right either but suspect they are offering you whatever they can. To be honest I think a lot companies get soaked with their warranty and customer support and their generosity is sometimes taken advantage of. I know people hoping their stuff breaks so they can get fresh equipment and a possible new model year upgrade.
Old     (Showmethebutter)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-06-2010, 11:56 AM Reply   
If you contact slingshot direct they are selling d2 bindings for $100 I was gonna buy some but have found some in the uk
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-06-2010, 12:00 PM Reply   
Take the refund!
Old     (k2rider2690)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-06-2010, 1:41 PM Reply   
yeh i know they have been doing everything they can to satisfy me which is extremely nice but i really like slingshot and im thinking about just getting either the 08's in size 9 or the 09's in a size 10...you guys think that getting one size bigger will really affect me that much?
Old     (jps912)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-06-2010, 2:04 PM Reply   
Having to big of bindings sucks. You definitely dont get as nice of feel riding in bindings even if they are a lil big.
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-06-2010, 2:16 PM Reply   
WOW!!! With all this bad talk about Sling shot lately and there customer service, I do not think I will be looking to get one of there boards now. I had my mind set on a Recoil, and was about to pull the trigger until I started reading about there customer service going to crap. I think I will hold on to my money and look at Ronix or Company now.
Old     (bmh2208)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-09-2010, 7:45 AM Reply   
copied from other slingshot thread....

Please don't take this as an advert, but with all the bad press that Slingshot got, I wanted to make sure that everyone knows that they do make it right and are on the right track to provide service levels that we are accustomed of.

I sent an email and called last week about getting a set of replacement liners. I lost the left one and ended up using a scuba boot for the end of last season (actually worked pretty darn good). Anyways, I did experience some delays in them getting back to me. But they did respond about a week. later. While that isn't a great response time, they made up for it. Everyone knows now that Kyle is gone, but the replacement, Tina, is working her ass off. I'm sure they are implementing changes across the board in order to better serve us, and given enough time, they will have at least, if not better, customer support that we have all grown to love.

Not only are they sending me a pair of liners, gratis, they threw something in a little special just for my troubles. I'm not going to say what they did because I don't want people to think that they can take advantage of them, but just wanted to say that they do go above, and way beyond, in order to serve their customers.

I've been riding slingshot for a few years now, and this setup is by far, the most rugged and best riding rig that I have ever rode. I've gone through countless CWB, LF, Hyperlite, etc bindings and boards, and none have withstood that use and abuse that I put on my equipment. A few of my good friends ride for Slingshot (Shredtown crew), and you can see the carnage that they induce on their equipment, and it is all still going strong. I have no qualms about being a lifetime Slingshot customer, and I hope that none of this bad press from their customer improvements hinder people from trying them out.

Thanks Tina!!!! And good luck with yall's continuing efforts.

Brandon
Old     (k2rider2690)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-09-2010, 10:25 AM Reply   
And to end my thread, as of today they are shipping me out a brand new pair of 09 d3s. Once tina was in contact with me everything went very smoothly. Its not the customer service departments fault that they pushed back the release date and are running out of bindings. I still love slingshot's product and will continue to buy their products!
Old     (snoopy1173)      Join Date: May 2010       06-28-2010, 7:10 PM Reply   
i had a problem just a week ago and my new slingshot bindings are coming tomorrow as a replacement to my broken ones
Old     (snoopy1173)      Join Date: May 2010       06-28-2010, 7:11 PM Reply   
i had D2's and I assume they're sending D3's and this is already late June
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-01-2010, 3:00 PM Reply   
So I had an issue with the foot bed that the plates bolt heads run into, i ripped two of the heads out of the hole. I sent my claim in and got a call the next day. they told me they would send me the replacement parts. that was good enough for me, that gets me back to where i started, they took care of me at no expense. but they went above and beyond my expectations. they told me that the new bindings come out in august and they would sell me those 60% off. They are not obligated to do that. so i get my bindings fixed, plus a great discount on the new ones. Im stoked. i love there products and i really could not expect that warranty service from other companies.

everyone needs to chill on the hating, they are doing a great job and trying as hard as they can. dont be so hard on small business