Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    1kanaka            06-07-2005, 2:42 PM Reply   
Thought I would give this wakesurfing thing a try this summer...anyone have any suggestion on how to weight my DD Air?
Old    downside_up            06-28-2005, 9:50 AM Reply   
I know all about that one. We run about 400# in the front locker, maybe 120# of lead in the bow, 540# lounge on the driver's side, 500# fat sac on top of the lounge, locker sac in front of the back seat, driver's side stock tank full, 80# or so lead on top of the driver side stock tank. Run in a straight line about 11mph. You can do the port side instead, but the shape is better on the starboard side, in my opinion.
Old    downside_up            06-28-2005, 9:53 AM Reply   
Old    downside_up            06-28-2005, 9:57 AM Reply   

Old     (niap101)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-29-2005, 7:37 PM Reply   
Hate to be a buzz kill but the above picture demonstrates a surfing activity that is nearly as dangerous as teak surfing. They do have life vest on (as opposed to teak surfing) so if they should pass out they can be found.
Old    tige_kid            06-29-2005, 8:19 PM Reply   
What is teak surfing?

Old     (niap101)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-29-2005, 9:45 PM Reply   
Teak surfing, or platform dragging, is hanging on to the swim platform or body surfing while the boat is moving. Many people have done it and many have gotten away with it. There are several though that have died from drowning after breathing the carbon monoxide in the boat engine exhaust. It is commonly reported that the victim passed out after only 2 minutes exposure. Teak surfing is deadly and well known by the authorities. Its mere existence threatens the legitimate, and safe sport of wake surfing.
Old     (mike_gilbert)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-24-2005, 9:17 PM Reply   
I run both the rear LCS tanks full with a 600lbs sac in the rear, a 350 on the floor in front of the back seat a 600 on the passenger side with a 370 locker sac in the locker and run at 9.8, its not as big as some vdrives get, but its pretty good.