Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (drewsmug)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-22-2004, 5:15 PM Reply   
so i was reading this months magazine. the one that has like 150 trick tips and what not. and on one of the tips for spins it said to make sure you know the three different types of handle passes. i think one was cuffed and i don't remember the other two. can somebody explain to me what all three are and how to do them because the magazine didn't touch base on that. thanks
Old                06-22-2004, 9:58 PM Reply   
the other is blind and the other is the actual handle pass.
Old     (jwat142)      Join Date: Jan 2002       06-23-2004, 6:04 AM Reply   
You are probably refering to a backside 180 and the three different ways you can land them. When doing a backside 180 or any rotation for that matter, you can either pass the handle early, land cuffed or land blind. The below explanations will be as if you are riding with your left foot forward and doing a heelside backside 180.

Early handle pass = you would actually pass the handle from your left hand to your right hand before you land the trick and would ride away with the handle in your right hand.

Cuffed landing = you would do the backside 180 and land with both hands behind your back on the handle and then let go with your left hand after you have landed.

Wrapped landing = you would do the backside 180 and land with the handle still in your left hand with the rope wrapped behind you. Then after landing, you would grab the handle with your right hand so you can continue to ride like you normaly would.

Hopefully this helps. Someone please correct me if I am wrong on any of the descriptions. Thanks.
Old     (drewsmug)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-23-2004, 9:34 PM Reply   
alright
so not as complicated as i thought
thanks for your help