Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    LR3w8kbrdr            10-07-2011, 8:43 PM Reply   
Going to stand up paddleboard out there and check out my 1st flugtag. Last time here in Tampa we had 110k people in attendance. I know a good crew of the Orlando wakeboarding pros will b out to watch.

Anyone local on this site going to be out?
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       10-11-2011, 10:32 AM Reply   
Any pics. Tried to find it on TV but couldnt. Always looks like a good time, especially on the water.
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-14-2011, 12:49 PM Reply   
It was a NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!. The ground was complete muck so anchors were not holding and the wind was blowing so it was a constant battle to find a spot. I was maybe the 4th or 5th boat there (launched the boat at 7 AM to guarantee a good spot) and wound up leaving half way through (to go ride) cause I spent the entire first half trying to secure the boat somewhere and missed all the flutag launches. Also due to low tide and everyone in front of me powering there boat on there was a big mound in front of the launch which I was unaware of and absolutely mangled my prop.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            10-14-2011, 2:26 PM Reply   
That it was! I hopped on my buddies 35' sailboat and the anchor broke loose 5-6 times easy, I saw 6-7 boats tied together break loose and go drifting into other boats. The wind, tide change and channel made it horrible. I never fall off my sup and I got thrown off twice by weather conditions.

I was out on my sup and was almost taken out a few times. After awhile I just gave up as well. These are just some pics from my phone.