Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (razorjaw)      Join Date: Jan 2003 Location: Australia       07-17-2010, 11:16 PM Reply   
Hey guys, I'm looking at a new set of boots. Was trying out some bindings (doubleup sockets and some 08 watsons) but I find them a bit too stiff. What do you recommend? I tried the 09 Shane's and liked them - anyone got word on the 10's?
Cheers in advance
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-18-2010, 7:11 AM Reply   
Ronix Relixs. period.
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-18-2010, 9:53 AM Reply   
I ride shanes due to the them being so loose/flexible.
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       07-18-2010, 12:51 PM Reply   
2010 LF Ultras are the most flexible bindings on the market. I was skeptical but after a demo ride I am looking for a deal on a pair for myself!

PS - my current bindings are 09 Shanes - pretty flexy as well. I also love my 08 Cabs

Last edited by texastbird; 07-18-2010 at 12:54 PM.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-18-2010, 1:30 PM Reply   
LF Shane or Vantage (older ones)
Old     (shredthegnar87)      Join Date: May 2010       07-18-2010, 3:26 PM Reply   
company vandals, without question
Old     (ClutchIndustries)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-18-2010, 4:00 PM Reply   
2011 Wakeology Matrix bindings! Super light, super supportive but still plenty of flex to poke it out.
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-18-2010, 4:29 PM Reply   
LF Ultras. They're my next binding for sure
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-18-2010, 6:52 PM Reply   
wakeology making bindings now?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-18-2010, 7:01 PM Reply   
i have CWB ANSWERS which i like. but a friend of mine has the RONIX RELIXS and they are the most flexible i've seen.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-19-2010, 7:39 AM Reply   
Shanes, Reliks, Vantages, Ultras.

The Vandalls are flexible? First I heard of that
Old     (ClutchIndustries)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-19-2010, 4:07 PM Reply   
Yep the do! I'll be posing some pics once I can get the files to compress.
Old     (azwakeYO)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-19-2010, 11:10 PM Reply   
the vandalls are the flex-iest bindings i have ever had! they ride sooo good!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-20-2010, 10:27 AM Reply   
I would like to toss the Dark Horse into the Mix. The 2010 Obrien Vice boots are super flexy, you can tweak grabs for Days on them! Not to mention they are as comfortable as your favorite pair of slippers.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-20-2010, 6:04 PM Reply   
real men don't wear slippers. LOL
Old     (samwise)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-20-2010, 10:05 PM Reply   
Gator Fate bindings
Old     (aces6692)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-20-2010, 11:36 PM Reply   
the liquid force half cabs are supper soft. i know they only had them in 08 tho, can probably find them online tho.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-21-2010, 4:02 AM Reply   
Just a word to the wise.....what you get in comfort and flexibility, you lose in protection. A few months after switching from a stiff boot to a super flexible boot, I suffered a serious foot injury and will be out nearly a year as a result. Just want to make sure you keep safety in mind also, as I did not! There's a lot to be injured in a foot! Ride Safe!
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-21-2010, 6:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakekat15 View Post
Just a word to the wise.....what you get in comfort and flexibility, you lose in protection. A few months after switching from a stiff boot to a super flexible boot, I suffered a serious foot injury and will be out nearly a year as a result. Just want to make sure you keep safety in mind also, as I did not! There's a lot to be injured in a foot! Ride Safe!
Sorry to hear Kat. I like flexible, but supportive bindings because they seem to save the knees a little better.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-21-2010, 9:13 AM Reply   
Thanks, A-dub! One of the reasons I changed was due to knee problems as well. I'm liking the looks/specs of the Ronix Frank since they seem to meet in the middle on flexibility & support.
Attached Images

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-21-2010, 9:17 AM Reply   
I like flexible boots, and I ride the CWB Vapor. They are a lower cut, which also give you more rrom to move. They are also a price point boot. I prefer them over the stiff, pro models.
Old     (razorjaw)      Join Date: Jan 2003 Location: Australia       07-21-2010, 4:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Cheers Kat. I've been riding long enough to understand that. My first bindings were sub rossa's.

I think most injuries come from poor fitting boots more than flexibility, and the bindings suggested, despite their flexibility, are far more supportive than bindings in 2001 Thanks for the input, and I hope your foot heals quickly! I severely bruised my foot kickboxing a couple seasons ago and I'm still feeling it!

Last edited by razorjaw; 07-21-2010 at 4:55 PM. Reason: Missed info
Old     (razorjaw)      Join Date: Jan 2003 Location: Australia       07-21-2010, 4:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Thanks, A-dub! One of the reasons I changed was due to knee problems as well. I'm liking the looks/specs of the Ronix Frank since they seem to meet in the middle on flexibility & support.
A couple of mates have also suggested the Franks. I'll have to give them a go too...
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-21-2010, 5:50 PM Reply   
Will,

Actually, my "flexible" bindings fit me better than any pair I've ever had in my life. I was coming down from a tantrum and landed a tad short. The toe side of the board literally tried to touch my shin & my foot flexed more than it was capable of - snapped the lisfranc ligament. Below is my current state post surgery #1!

Please let me know what you think of those Ronix Franks & take great care of those feet!
Attached Images

Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       07-22-2010, 5:16 AM Reply   
Ouch
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-22-2010, 7:56 AM Reply   
Kat - That looks painful but not as bad as my arm. 2 titanium rods in both the radius and ulna, screws in the scaphoid bone and last wire in my little and ring finger. I hate cold months and I can usually tell when it is going to rain. Happened in Afghanistan due to we got shot down in a helo.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-22-2010, 7:59 AM Reply   
I also think it's a matter of your leg size and the bindings sizing. I have shorter legs, and the Shanes are lower cut (Reliks too). Watsons come up higher on the shin. With my shorter legs, the Watsons come up too high, and most people with short legs that have foot/ankle injuries have one thing in common, Watsons. Larger, longer legs can use the higher cut bindings, but a shorter leg is almost pinning their shin in and making their ankle and foot take the forces.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-22-2010, 11:21 AM Reply   
Given I am a shorty...I was wearing a low cut binding, A-dub. Doc says a taller/firmer boot would have likely resulted in a broken bone in my foot (6 to 8 week recovery) vs this lengthy ordeal.

David - I am glad you are recovering and thank you for your service to Our Country!!
Old     (razorjaw)      Join Date: Jan 2003 Location: Australia       07-22-2010, 10:36 PM Reply   
Kat - That's a scorcher of a photo! Hope you get those pins out soon!

David - Got any cool xray pics