Articles
   
       
Pics/Video
       
Wake 101
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-03-2015, 7:04 AM Reply   
I took a look at our expenses to try and ease my wife's worry (As well as mine).

If we can cut down how much we eat out, it covers the cost of the boat.... My pitch will be that its expensive, we're getting fat because of it, and its not a good habit to have when kids are around.

If we can get down to eating out 12 times a month between us (lunches usually separate / dinners usually together), ~3 times a week, that would save enough to make the payment that would pay off a 25k loan in 5 years.

Last edited by sidekicknicholas; 04-03-2015 at 7:06 AM.
Old     (wiscxstar)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-03-2015, 7:30 AM Reply   
There you go, problem solved. Now go buy the boat! Also, if you stop eating out as much you will probably feel much better, which in turn should make you ride even better, which in turn will make your wife even happier because your continuously improving wakeboarding skills will make her think, wow did I really marry a stud.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-03-2015, 7:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
which in turn will make your wife even happier because your continuously improving wakeboarding skills will make her think, wow did I really marry a stud.
I'll take a hit of whatever you've got... seems like good stuff.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-03-2015, 8:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
I took a look at our expenses to try and ease my wife's worry (As well as mine).

If we can cut down how much we eat out, it covers the cost of the boat.... My pitch will be that its expensive, we're getting fat because of it, and its not a good habit to have when kids are around.

If we can get down to eating out 12 times a month between us (lunches usually separate / dinners usually together), ~3 times a week, that would save enough to make the payment that would pay off a 25k loan in 5 years.
This can't be real. You have 2k in extra money every month, yet you are going to cover a 5 year 25k loan for a boat by skipping meals?

I'm speechless. April fools, right?
Old     (wiscxstar)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-03-2015, 8:38 AM Reply   
Just feeling a little saucy today. It is Friday, the weather is finally warming up, and next week I get to go pick up my new boat.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-03-2015, 8:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
You have 2k in extra money every month, yet you are going to cover a 5 year 25k loan for a boat by skipping meals?
If I average January and February (when my wife starting using my cards), my credit card(s) showed we ate out an average of 34 times a month between us. Some meals together, some apart. So one day maybe we both got lunch separately but had dinner together, that is counting as 3x "dining out". The total "restaurant" tab on the credit card / 34 times a month gave me an average price for the meals at $20.25 Most the dinners were $35+ and the lunches around $10.

If we shave that to 3x a week (12 a month) rather than 34, the difference is ~$445/mo. I figured $25k financed for 60 months would be about $450/mo. So it doesn't cover it 100%, and it doesn't take into account our grocery shopping bill that would increase from eating at home. Either way, skipping Arby's a few times a week and sit-down restaurant dinners really adds up quick.

It isn't like we'll starve trying to buy the thing... but this might be a perfect excuse to try and curb our awful eating habits. Every meal we cook at how, toss $20 into the boat account and to our bank accounts, it will seem like we didn't change a thing.


Quote:
Just feeling a little saucy today. It is Friday, the weather is finally warming up, and next week I get to go pick up my new boat.
Amen! Ice finally pulled off our lake yesterday, ITS HAPPENING!!!!!!

What kind of boat are you getting?

Last edited by sidekicknicholas; 04-03-2015 at 9:03 AM.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-03-2015, 9:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
If I average January and February (when my wife starting using my cards), my credit card(s) showed we ate out an average of 34 times a month between us. Some meals together, some apart. So one day maybe we both got lunch separately but had dinner together, that is counting as 3x "dining out". The total "restaurant" tab on the credit card / 34 times a month gave me an average price for the meals at $20.25 Most the dinners were $35+ and the lunches around $10.

If we shave that to 3x a week (12 a month) rather than 34, the difference is ~$445/mo. I figured $25k financed for 60 months would be about $450/mo. So it doesn't cover it 100%, and it doesn't take into account our grocery shopping bill that would increase from eating at home. Either way, skipping Arby's a few times a week and sit-down restaurant dinners really adds up quick.

It isn't like we'll starve trying to buy the thing... but this might be a perfect excuse to try and curb our awful eating habits. Every meal we cook at how, toss $20 into the boat account and to our bank accounts, it will seem like we didn't change a thing.



Amen! Ice finally pulled off our lake yesterday, ITS HAPPENING!!!!!!

What kind of boat are you getting?
You need to get better about bringing your own food to work. It will save you a small fortune every month. This advice is reguardless if you buy the boat. I don't think you will have an issue with the payment. I am in the same type of situation as you and I am still able to throw $500/month into savings. Go get the boat and enjoy it for the summer. If you then don't think you can afford it, sell it.
Old     (wiscxstar)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-03-2015, 9:25 AM Reply   
Supra SC 450. It is a 2014, but is brand new.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-03-2015, 9:39 AM Reply   
Good choice! They're absolutely beautiful! Enjoy it!

Quote:
You need to get better about bringing your own food to work
I do.... its terrible. Even if not for the savings, it is so hard to maintain a good weight when your options when Taco Bell and Maintain make up a good chunk of my diet.

I didn't even realize how bad it was until I sat down and went through my credit card statements.

"Lexi" the LSV's current owner is back in town tomorrow, so hopefully can get it in the water with my wife and make a sales pitch.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-03-2015, 9:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
Good choice! They're absolutely beautiful! Enjoy it!


I do.... its terrible. Even if not for the savings, it is so hard to maintain a good weight when your options when Taco Bell and Maintain make up a good chunk of my diet.

I didn't even realize how bad it was until I sat down and went through my credit card statements.

"Lexi" the LSV's current owner is back in town tomorrow, so hopefully can get it in the water with my wife and make a sales pitch.
Start reading /personalfinance on reddit. It will make you into a froogle scrooge. It gives great tips on how to save some money in spots you don't even think about. I bet you could save most of the cost of the monthly payment of a boat if you looked over your expenses and reduced the unnecessary waste. I did this about a year or two ago and found an extra $100/month that I was wasting on bills. I reduced the speed on my internet service, threatened to cancel some services till I got a discount, stuff like that.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-03-2015, 10:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Start reading /personalfinance on reddit
I've been subscribed for about 3 years now...Such a great resource with awesome advice, but has made me super gun-shy of any purchase over about $1000.

I posed the same question there last week, but got no responses and it was buried.

Last edited by sidekicknicholas; 04-03-2015 at 10:20 AM.
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       04-05-2015, 9:06 AM Reply   
yeah i'd cut down that eating out ... thats a lot of eating out. cook good food at home and take lunches to work. boom boat.. i'd trade all my eating out for a boat like that every day of the week.
Old     (Uplandbird)      Join Date: Feb 2015       04-06-2015, 11:24 AM Reply   
You wont be homeless. Live on your boat.
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       04-06-2015, 1:42 PM Reply   
Seriously, your justifying the purchase by eating out less? I think your fooling yourself trying to rationalize the purchase with the "we'll eat out less" idea. The next time you want to go grab drinks and dinner; and you've reached your monthly quota for going out to eat, are you really going to think to yourself, "we cant, because we bought the boat"?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-06-2015, 2:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
are you really going to think to yourself, "we cant, because we bought the boat"?
I hope something will get us to get in that mindset.

After looking at how much we waste on going out + the fact I'm getting fat (per my wife), a change is needed.... if that can happen out of sheer will-power great, but I doubt it. If that change needs a catalyst in a $500/mo. payment, that works too.

Quote:
doesn't hurt to dream
Haha, yeah, that would sure be nice.... not sure how the bank would feel about me asking to borrow almost as much for a boat as we did for our house.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-06-2015, 3:04 PM Reply   
Why not buy a $20,000 boat and give yourself a little more wiggle room. You have to factor in insurance, gas, repairs, etc. But don't let those scare you. If you have a good crew to board with, it will be totally worth it.

I bought a fantastic 2000 SAN for under $20,000 over 2 years ago. Sometimes people ask when I might want to upgrade to a better boat. I rhetorically ask them if there is a better boat.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       04-06-2015, 3:23 PM Reply   
^^^so true! A paid boat is better then any payment!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-13-2015, 2:32 PM Reply   
I'm buying a boat lift this week for whatever I end up with....

The supersport is quite narrow, so no biggie there, but for the LSV, the beam is 100" .... is a 102" wide boat lift cutting it too close? Should I just opt. for a 120" 5k lift?
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-13-2015, 3:14 PM Reply   
Do you really need to analyze boat lifts now before going back to further analysis on a boat to purchase? Just go buy the damn thing and then you'll know exactly what size lift to buy.
Old     (99Bison)      Join Date: Sep 2012       04-13-2015, 3:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
I'm buying a boat lift this week for whatever I end up with....

The supersport is quite narrow, so no biggie there, but for the LSV, the beam is 100" .... is a 102" wide boat lift cutting it too close? Should I just opt. for a 120" 5k lift?
Get the bigger lift regardless.
Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-14-2015, 6:05 AM Reply   
Buy the boat and the boat lift from the same lady problem solved!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-14-2015, 6:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Buy the boat and the boat lift from the same lady problem solved!
I suggested it to her, but she doesn't have a canopy ... which I could always add.

I bought the bigger lift last night and ended up buying the guy's dock too. 5000# - 120" wide lift + Canopy + electric lift assist, and a 24' dock with an "L" and bench, aluminum decking all for $3000!
Old     (99Bison)      Join Date: Sep 2012       04-14-2015, 6:23 AM Reply   
That's a fantastic price!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-14-2015, 7:21 AM Reply   
I was expecting closer to $5k.

My dad (who sells real estate) was working with a guy a lake over who was just going to include them in the sale, my dad said I might be interested and we ended up getting it for pretty dirty cheap. My brother / friend own a company that has a barge with a crane for moving docks and lifts, so they'll be getting it to our shoreline for me. Stars are aligning for the LSV.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-14-2015, 7:54 AM Reply   
I feel like we need to throw you a party when you finally buy this thing.


Your not the one that started a thread a couple years ago about if you should ask your girl to marry you???? Or are you LOL



Great deal on the lift by the way!!!!!
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-14-2015, 8:27 AM Reply   
Never mind found what I was looking for.

We can end this right now, Just reminder her how she wanted to invite 450 people to the wedding your wedding and how much that cost!!!!!!!

Your thread LOL

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=794147


Ask her what she thinks about that, but first just make sure she doesn't have anything in her hands first. LOL



Remember it never goes away if it's on the internet LOL
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-14-2015, 8:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
We can end this right now, Just reminder her how she wanted to invite 450 people to the wedding your wedding and how much that cost!!!!!!!
Hahahaha!

Don't worry only like 350 showed up

Quote:
Remember it never goes away if it's on the internet LOL
She is / was / always will be aware of my distain for the dog-n-pony show we had to put on .... but its been like two years now, still married and I think it'll stay that way, out of spite.


....I made a power-point for her, I will present sometime this week to show her how much more badass the LSV is, if that doesn't seal the deal, nothing will.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       04-14-2015, 8:56 AM Reply   
You could always divorce her if she's not "bout that life!"
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-14-2015, 9:00 AM Reply   
20 dollars a head is still 7000 LOL

I put on the same dog-n-pony show so I get it. It took us a few years to pay it off because we did it ourselves and I was laid off a week before we said I DO. Also it she was her first year out of school making starting teacher salary in NC which is really bad.

But it made us stronger and we realized we could through anything if we work together. She even told me to keep the boat even though we couldn't afford to fill it up. We knew it was going to get better and now I can say it is and we are in a really good place now with our first little one on the way.

Just make here realize all the times it will be just you and her out on the water having a good time talking and drinking a few cold ones watch the sunset.
Out on YOUR OWN BOAT
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-14-2015, 9:31 AM Reply   
^

Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-14-2015, 10:48 AM Reply   
Just got a text from the seller, its out of storage.... going to check things out this evening.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-14-2015, 12:05 PM Reply   
did you get a final price negotiated yet?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-14-2015, 12:18 PM Reply   
Nope, not yet.... figured I can't really do that until I dig into it a bit, make sure its as clean as my buddy said and everything works. I've only seen it out on the water or on its lift (I'm good friends with her neighbors).

I'll probably tell her $25k, take it and I have her money tomorrow, leave it and good luck with the sale. If she meets me in the middle at $27.5, I'll tell her I'll think on it and come bug you guys about it. I would like to keep the payment to $500 or less and not go longer than 60 months.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       04-14-2015, 12:39 PM Reply   
That boats worth 32-30k
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-14-2015, 12:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
That boats worth 32-30k
Agreed.
...doesn't mean I want to pay 30k+. She had it for sale last fall, and the spring before too... with no luck. So, maybe she'll take the lowball, maybe not.... helps make the decision for me.

Last edited by sidekicknicholas; 04-14-2015 at 12:52 PM.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       04-14-2015, 1:01 PM Reply   
But my point is it's a no lose situation even at 30k. Because you could just resell it.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-14-2015, 6:39 PM Reply   
Went and looked tonight
... all was good except a bugle pump that wasn't working. I offered $25k and said if that's too low I understand no hard feelings.

She countered with $24k. Yes, less. I think I'll be going to the bank tomorrow.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-14-2015, 6:42 PM Reply   
Congrats, Nick. A great purchase.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-14-2015, 6:55 PM Reply   
you shoulda countered her counter with $27K!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-14-2015, 7:02 PM Reply   
A reverse bid war!

We just talked for like 2 hours and found out we had tons of common friends etc etc.

I think k she just genuinely liked me and gave me a deal.

.....just working on a definitive "yes" from the wife.
Old     (99Bison)      Join Date: Sep 2012       04-14-2015, 10:06 PM Reply   
Great, get it done!
Old     (Bret)      Join Date: Nov 2013 Location: Santa Rosa, CA       04-14-2015, 10:12 PM Reply   
So once you get the Malibu all you need to do is get 2 750 Fly High's in the rear and Perfect Pass and you are good to go.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       04-14-2015, 11:03 PM Reply   
24k is a sweet deal. An 05 vlx just sold today at brashers auction (dealer auction) for 28k+fees. It was in pretty good shape, but I bet this boat your looking at is in better shape, and it's an lsv. Good find!
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-15-2015, 9:07 AM Reply   
Nick - if you guys bail or wife decides no, shoot me a message and I'll be on my way.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-15-2015, 10:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Nick - if you guys bail or wife decides no, shoot me a message and I'll be on my way.
Will do,

At this point I think she is in, just hesitant. Hopefully get the loan done up tomorrow and take delivery by the weekend. I do still have to get it out on the water and run it. As clean as the thing is and with all the service records she has, probably no issues, but before I cut a check I want to be sure.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-15-2015, 10:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
all you need to do is get 2 750 Fly High's in the rear and Perfect Pass and you are good to go.
I've never had a boat with stock hard tanks... is the replacement as simple as unplug the in/out/air lines, pop in some Fly High Pro-X bags and its done?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-15-2015, 10:39 AM Reply   
Ish. Bags tend to siphon and passively fill in ways that hard tanks don't. the "best" way to do it would be to pull the hard tanks and the pumps and put in reversible pumps using your existing through hulls. But to do it for now on the cheap, you can plump the fill pump to the top of the bag and screw the drain pump in to the bottom.
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013       04-15-2015, 11:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Ish. Bags tend to siphon and passively fill in ways that hard tanks don't. the "best" way to do it would be to pull the hard tanks and the pumps and put in reversible pumps using your existing through hulls. But to do it for now on the cheap, you can plump the fill pump to the top of the bag and screw the drain pump in to the bottom.
If he's worried about passive filling and draining, then put check valves in the line between the fill pump and the bag, this will prevent the bags from draining out the aerator pump. If it has a scupper intake it might get some passive filling though. And for drain, it helps to criss cross your drain/vent lines so that if the boat is listed the drain/vent thru-hulls tend to still be above the water line. on mine, I also routed my drain and vent hoses so they looped up as high as possible in the gunwales.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-16-2015, 10:37 AM Reply   
The current owner is taking the boat in today for an oil change and checkup at the local Malibu dealer. So hopefully tonight / this weekend I'll get out on the water with it. Loan paperwork at the bank is all done other than my John Hancock.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       04-16-2015, 10:51 AM Reply   
Stroke it!
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-16-2015, 11:09 AM Reply   
Pic's or I didn't happen!!!!

Or do you need help deciding if it's in the budget to own a camera!!!!!!! LOL



Seriously Congrats I think you made the right choice.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-16-2015, 11:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Seriously Congrats I think you made the right choice.
Me too... I hope.

My wife seems cool with it, I've brought my lunch to work for 2 weeks now (since I noticed the crazy amount we spent on food), and my experiment with buying a Chevy Volt is working out favorably.... I haven't bought has in 4 weeks, and still have 3/4 of a tank! Almost 1,000 miles and I've used 2.4 gallons of gas.

Now I just need things to warm up a bit here. The water is still in the low 50's here.

The only photo I have at the moment is this - I'll grab some more upon delivery
Attached Images
 
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       04-16-2015, 11:42 AM Reply   
You should go to jail for robbing that poor lady.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-16-2015, 11:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
You should go to jail for robbing that poor lady.
Haha, I would have to plead guilty.

She lowballed herself though in my defense....I even said, "woah, wait... maybe you misheard, I was at $25k", and she insisted $24k was the magic number. It would have been rude to keep insisting.
Old     (Bret)      Join Date: Nov 2013 Location: Santa Rosa, CA       04-16-2015, 12:05 PM Reply   
Do you Plan to put Perfect Pass Stargazer Wake Edition in it?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-16-2015, 12:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Do you Plan to put Perfect Pass Stargazer Wake Edition in it?
Yup.

I think I'll just try and enjoy it this summer, but next winter the hit list for upgrades will most likely be:

* Perfect Pass
* Removed hard tanks and replace with 750s

....and I'll probably remove the decals and tint the windshield a bit.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004       04-16-2015, 1:51 PM Reply   
looks good!! great value
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-16-2015, 2:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
Haha, I would have to plead guilty.

She lowballed herself though in my defense....I even said, "woah, wait... maybe you misheard, I was at $25k", and she insisted $24k was the magic number. It would have been rude to keep insisting.
I hope you forget to change the impeller or charge the batteries and you get stranded on the lake. You should be ashamed of yourself. That is 6k below normal value on a boat like that. I can't believe you waited that long. Now flip it for 30k and buy yourself a 36k dollar boat.
Old     (fouroheight68)      Join Date: May 2006       04-16-2015, 3:37 PM Reply   
I hate you for being so indecisive and scoring such a great deal. Great deals are reserved for people who can make quick decisions.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-16-2015, 6:40 PM Reply   
more for fun.
Attached Images
    
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-16-2015, 8:06 PM Reply   
That boat, for 24k???

I still say this is a joke, an attention grab, or something else. There is no way anyone familiar with wake boats wouldn't scoop that thing up at that price, knowing that even 2 years from now you could turn it for a profit.

Just keeps getting wackier on here...
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-16-2015, 8:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
I still say this is a joke, an attention grab, or something else.

Just keeps getting wackier on here...

Shun the non-believer.

Yeah, I'm still a little shocked it is working out so well.... but life is just timing, good or bad... we happened to catch this at a good time.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       04-16-2015, 8:31 PM Reply   
Man I wish I could have snagged that. I had my eye on that vlx at the auction and that was about the price I was hoping it went for. Went for 4k more than you paid, plus fees. So end price was about 30k. I would have picked it up had it been 22-24 end price. You scored man
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       04-17-2015, 6:21 AM Reply   
Those Sony Xplode speakers are horrible! Might as well put that on your list too.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-17-2015, 6:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Those Sony Xplode speakers are horrible! Might as well put that on your list too.
Its not a done deal yet, but this would eliminate my need for the Aviator tower I bugged you about, thanks for the info and pricing data, but hopefully I won't need to order that.

Any speakers that would work well in those existing housings?.... or would I be better off with a clean sweep and something else.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-17-2015, 10:44 AM Reply   
Do it once and buy wet sounds and be done. Trust me, been there done that and it will cost you more in the long run if you try to go cheap first.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-17-2015, 11:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonblarc7 View Post
Do it once and buy wet sounds and be done. Trust me, been there done that and it will cost you more in the long run if you try to go cheap first.
This. Dont waste the money on mediocre. You will be more happy in the long run.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-18-2015, 11:33 AM Reply   
Test drive went well, the only thing is one of the ballast pump(s) wasn't working. But both fill and empty did nothing, so I think maybe its just in the switch.... didn't dig in too much today.

Should have the loan done Mon/Tuesday and I'll be the owner of a shiny new (to me boat)!

Thanks everyone for the input and help!
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-19-2015, 12:12 PM Reply   
Late to the party but my thoughts are if you need to borrow money for it you clearly can't afford it. You already have car loans from the sounds of it, so you're financing luxury you cant' afford there too. With $2k/mo surplus and $7k cash in hand you're under a year to be able to buy this boat or a similar boat. Patience is a virtue. Weigh savings/investments vs a fancy new luxury boat. Plenty of ways to do it cheaper or just ensure the rough situation with split ownership with your brother for one more season. Not sure what your plans are for retirement and so forth but like boarder42 I hope to retire early or at least be financially independent well before traditional retirement age... I don't want to be a wage slave until I keel over on the job, I'm more content to quit or cut back on work earlier and spend a lot more time on a slightly less extravagant boat. To each his own though. Good luck with the new boat if it all works out!
Old     (fouroheight68)      Join Date: May 2006       04-20-2015, 10:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
Test drive went well, the only thing is one of the ballast pump(s) wasn't working. But both fill and empty did nothing, so I think maybe its just in the switch.... didn't dig in too much today.

Should have the loan done Mon/Tuesday and I'll be the owner of a shiny new (to me boat)!

Thanks everyone for the input and help!
Check the fuse.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       04-20-2015, 10:49 AM Reply   
Cory irritates me.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-20-2015, 10:54 AM Reply   
Cory will be the guy buying up everyone's boat dirt cheap at auction after people get them repo'd for living outside their means.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       04-20-2015, 1:18 PM Reply   
Lol I will be too!
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-20-2015, 1:35 PM Reply   
Obviously you can afford a $24K boat so...............end this thread.

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 8:44 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2016 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us