Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old     (blazer)      Join Date: Feb 2002       12-04-2003, 1:54 PM Reply   
I need a little feedback on this board. I have always rode 3-stage, but all the reviews say this thing pops big (which is usually not the case for continuous). How does the Gonzalez compare to something like a Byerly (which I ride) in relation to speed, 'looseness', pop ect. Any feedback will help. Thanks
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-04-2003, 1:57 PM Reply   
Have you ridden a Premier? If so, it's the exact same ride, just comes in a 138, which I've heard is actually a 136. I ride the board and dig it.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       12-04-2003, 3:35 PM Reply   
The Byerly because of the tail drag is supposedly a slower but better tracking board. What exactly are you looking for in a board?
Old     (blazer)      Join Date: Feb 2002       12-04-2003, 8:47 PM Reply   
I like a board that pops hard, like the Byerly, but that is a little faster. I didn't find the Byerly as consistant as other boards I have ridden.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-05-2003, 6:01 AM Reply   
Blazer,

Try the TFD. Fast board, and a snap type pop like the Byerly. The only draw back of the TFD is weight, it's a heavy boar compared to the Byerly.
Old     (d_o_double_g)      Join Date: Sep 2003       12-05-2003, 7:16 AM Reply   
I ride the Gonzalez and I love it. It does ride similar to the HL Premier, but in my opinion is faster and lighter.

Demo it if you can, you won't regret it.
Old    maverick_gear            12-05-2003, 11:52 AM Reply   
Ya i ride the gonzalez board as well, i was talking to Ricky yesterday about design on his new board and it seems to us that pople like his current board alot more than the premier, alot of people who rode the premier and hated it seem to love Rickys. i believe there us a few subtle differences but im not sure if there is enough to make rideability differ but that seems to be the buyers general concensus. it is definetly worth checking out though it is a great riding board and it has a pretty cool graphic, i think you will find that this board pops hard is faster and more consistant than the byerly and more fun to ride than a TFD, definetly try it out if you can i don't think you'll regret it either.