Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old    mikep            02-14-2003, 11:48 AM Reply   
I am just about to take delivery on my '03 Tige' 22V and I'm looking to add an automatic ballast system. I've been talking with a company that is looking to offer a system that sounds great to me. I wanted to get feedback from people who have used other systems.

The fill time sound really good. Sitting still a 1000 pound system will fill in three minutes and 10 seconds. Going 30 MPHs it will fill in about two minutes. The system empties in under two minutes. I would be looking at a four bag system.

I had a Hippo installed in my last boat and it wasn't nearly as fast as this system. Apparently the company is ramping up right now, making sure that they have all the components in stock so that they can provide excellent customer service. I'm pretty stoked on the new system and I think I'm going to get one put in my boat when they are available.

Any feedback on experiences with automated ballasts would be appreciated.
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-14-2003, 11:57 AM Reply   
Hippo is "ramping up right now, making sure that they have all the components in stock so that they can provide excellent customer service" - I don't know about that. They made a lot of people angry.....

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/45260.html
Old     (rkg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-14-2003, 12:02 PM Reply   
how does the price of this system compare to Hippos price? Also, are they custom making sacks? I would love to find a smaller sack that would work in the bow of the 21V. The rear is plumbed with two 350 sacks, just need to do the front. Plus, a buddy just bought a 22V and would probably like to hear what your getting, since he is still trying to find out what he can do with it.
Old    mikep            02-14-2003, 12:21 PM Reply   
DC. Hippo would take your money and then say you would get your system in four weeks, then you would never get it. With this new ballast company you wouldn't have to pay until you received the system. I think any new company is going to have to make sure they offer great service to avoid another Hippo disaster.

Keith, from what I've heard the four bag system will be $1100. The sacks I would be doing would be two 350s in the rear and 12" by 36" in the bow. I will be running 1000 pounds of ballast and 600 in lead. I've ridden behind a 22V with this much weight and the wake was huge.
Old     (captainfreedom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-14-2003, 1:33 PM Reply   
That sounds like a sweet set up to me Porter. The fill times are extremely fast if it really does fill that fast. I know it took close to 15 minutes to fill your old system.

If you get the whole system for $1100 and that includes all bags, hoses, pumps, etc...that is a very sweet deal in my opinion. I say go for it!

DC, I think he was referring to this new company ramping up, not Hippo.
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-14-2003, 5:07 PM Reply   
coolio, my bad.

a system around $1000? I would definitely be interested in seeing that.
Old     (mcsammamish)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-15-2003, 11:34 AM Reply   
What's the comapany's name and contact info. I would like to check it out.
Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-15-2003, 2:57 PM Reply   
Do they have a website or contact information?
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-15-2003, 6:04 PM Reply   
Porter,
Does that include custom sized sacks? Or do you have to cram a 3 or 600 lb sack under the front seats? What type of pump system are they suggesting? How many gallons per hour? or Minute for that matter? Are you installing it yourself?
Old     (stusumm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-15-2003, 6:36 PM Reply   
Porter, Is the company your refering to wakeMAKERS
Old    mikep            02-16-2003, 11:41 AM Reply   
The company is called Rival Industries. In a four bag system there will be four pumps for filling and four for draining, 1000 GPHs each. I'm not sure if they are going to make custom sacks or not. In my Tige' I'm looking to put two 350 pound sacks in the rear, two 150 pound sacks in the bow storage. I installed a Hippo in my last boat so I'd probably do the install on this one myself too. I'll check into contact info and let you know.

Old    mikep            02-18-2003, 3:30 PM Reply   
I got some information on the ballast from the owner. Email me at mikep@wrq.com if you are interested. Thanks.
Old     (paublo)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-19-2003, 7:38 AM Reply   
I saw the system at the boat show here in Phoenix in January. The system is very simple and effective. Four pumps off of a single manifold and a drain pump on each bag. As they get all the parts, pieces, vendors, etc. lined up- it will be an unbeatable deal. And from a very reliable, involved wakeboarding outfit/person.
Old    drinck            02-26-2003, 7:36 PM Reply   
I was looking at boats this weekend and saw the rival ballast system at the dealer who designed it. It looks really nice and seems like it will fill a lot faster than the systems any of the other boats offer.
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-26-2003, 7:48 PM Reply   
Diana you mean any other except the PureVert system right.

Travis Farber
Wake Me Products
www.Wake-Me.com
Old    drinck            02-27-2003, 9:10 AM Reply   
I don't remember hearing about that one, who makes it?
Old    hockeyruss            02-27-2003, 9:58 AM Reply   
Here we go again!!!!!