Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old    sarrah            04-24-2003, 11:08 AM Reply   
Im so happy the weather is getting nice :-) its a little windy and chilly but atleast no snow! Mabey jersey isnt a bad state after all. Alex I think its suposed to rain a little on saturday otherwise you should have no problem getting the boat in, suposed to be in the 60's all weekend good luck! I bet you cant wait! and Jb Have fun down in texas you lucky duck!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-24-2003, 7:27 PM Reply   
Jeff: Thank for the truck offer. I'll be looking you up in October for sure. <g>

Jeff B: Yes, it's too bad that no one can make May 10th, but hopefully we can all coordinate something once the weather really begins to warm up.

Sarah: Yes, it is supposed to rain Saturday. Low tide is at around 3:00pm on Saturday, and it's then I plan to put my row boat in the lagoon and attach bumper material to my new dock's pilings, providing it's not raining real hard. Then we plan to launch the new boat at around 9:00am Sunday morning at a place just over the big bridge and on the north side of 72. The boat ramp there is not as steep as many of the other local boat ramps. I SO can't wait.
Old    ffejtable            04-25-2003, 5:40 PM Reply   
I don't know if you will get this Alex, but I will give you a call Sunday anyway... I will probably make it out Sunday to do some fishing near Barnegat Inlet which is pretty close...
Old    mastercraft17            04-27-2003, 8:06 PM Reply   
Did anybody go out on Sunday??I think next week weekend is supposed to be nice also..
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-27-2003, 8:54 PM Reply   
Well, we did it. We put the new Super Air in the water Sunday morning and we headed right to Turtle Cove where I put on my dry suit, Soap Buddied my way into my bindings, jumped in the cold New Jersey bay water and went for the first pull of the year. It was great to be back in the water again. We had a great day. We can't wait to do it again this weekend! Hopefully by then we'll have the Perfect Pass figured-out and dialed in. This is it. For us the season has officially begun.
Old    ffejtable            04-28-2003, 7:12 AM Reply   
Alex,

Great to hear you finally got that bad boy in the water... We made it down to Barnegat Inlet and spent a few hours fishing... We pulled up part of a carpet, a few tons of seaweed and a NastyCrab (spider crab). It was still a great day to be on the water..

The water temp was about 57 which is pretty good, and visibility at some places was over 10' looking down...

I didnt get to call because I left my brains (and cellphone) at home...

--jeff
Old    freekshow            04-29-2003, 2:19 PM Reply   
Alex,

Nice to hear you got a day in under your belt! We're dewinterizing our Pro Air Nautique and we'll be in this weekend as well. We have a new tower coming from California that I hope gets here in time. If not, we'll have to use the extended pylon one last time. By the way, where do you ride?

As for the opening event of the Triple Crown in Ft Worth, Texas, Parks was riding at a whole different level than averyone else. Truly inspired riding. I got the chance to ride behind the new MasterCraft X Star, with the pickle fork look. The table was a little wider but other than that, it was the same great shaped huge wake coming iff the back!

Anyone who'd like to be on the East Coast Styles Wakeboard School mailing list, please send me an e-mail with your address. We're gonna do several mailers through the season with different clinics that we'll be doing with some pro riders. I've talked with Ricky Gonzales, Wes Brisco, Maeghsan Major, Aaron grace, Erich Schmaltz, Parks, Brett Eisenhauer and a bunch of others about coming here to do clinics this summer. We'll get the dates nailed down and we'll send you the schedule of who is coming when.

jeffmbarton@aol.com

Let's get wakeboarding to the next level here in the New Jersey/Northeast areas!!

JB
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-29-2003, 7:34 PM Reply   
Jeff, I think I may have spoken to you last year. Do you teach for East Coast Styles Wakeboading school? I believe Craig from Surf & Off Shore used to have the school on his ad in the wakeboarding mag. correct?
Anyway, we went to a Hyperlite demo last year, similar to what you want to have this year.
Both Alex and I are very much into wakeboarding as well as my 8 year old son who is getting pretty good, however, lacks some sort of confidence after taking a nasty face plant last year so he isn't as aggressive as I know he can be after the fall.
I want to get him more involved with other wakeboarders who can help him advance his skills and give him some good tips.
Alex and I just bought a brand new 2002 SAN TE at the end of last season and it sat at the dealer all winter. We were able to use it for the first time this past weekend with the weather breaking and the water being warm enough for him to dry suit it. What a dream! So we are still getting used to the difference in the wake from the old boat. Will take a few spins for that.
Please add us to the list for the clinic. We are interested. Posting the info here will be just fine.

Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-30-2003, 7:29 PM Reply   
Ok, here we go. We need a third for this Saturday and/or Sunday. Jeff? Sarah? Jeff? Someone? What do you think? Push-off is around 11:00am on Saturday and/or 11:30am on Sunday. Actually, there really aren't any patrols out on the water this time of year, and even if we don't line-up a third we're going to be going out any way, but we thought we'd post here to see if there is any interest. But hurry! I'll only be checking here and my email until Thursday night.
Old    ffejtable            04-30-2003, 7:34 PM Reply   
I shouldnt be doing this, but I will... Sunday works for me...

Saturday I will be with my sister who will be up with my newborn nephew, so that's no good. I also have 3 take home exams that need to be done at some point, but I need to ride!

I'll give you a call tomorrow...
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-01-2003, 7:51 PM Reply   
Alright Jeff. Give me a buzz and let me know. And if you see any other interest here between now and Saturday let me know. Talk to you soon. Alex
Old    elevenmg            05-02-2003, 12:39 PM Reply   
I haven't been on much been really busy but this sunday I'm going to try to get out. I'll be launching at the Neshaminy ramp in croydon, PA anyone is welcome to come. Not sure what time I'm going to be pushing off.
Old    ffejtable            05-03-2003, 9:33 AM Reply   
I tried calling you but your cell # is no longer in service... Im up for going out sunday.. give me a call if you are interested...

--jeff
Old    ffejtable            05-05-2003, 12:06 PM Reply   
Just wanted to let you all know how thankful I am to Alex for letting me ride behind his new pride and joy. It was awesome!

First of much more riding for me this summer... Still looking for a crew to ride with this summer in Monmouth county area...

--Jeff
Old    freekshow            05-06-2003, 12:30 PM Reply   
Jersey crew,

First off, I'm stoked that so many of you want to get on our mailing list. I've gotten a bunch of e-mail addresses, but the mailer we're sending out is a postal mailer. If you guys would send me your home address I'll be sure to get our seasonal mailers to you all summer. jeffmbarton@aol.com

Now, onto more important things: Our new Joystick Tower is on the boat and we've been riding every day since Friday! The water is actually not even that cold and we've been plenty warm in just a long sleeve spring suit. I'm so stoked to get back out there hitting it agian. it was too long a winter!

As for a specific wakeboarding gathering, I think we've got a good spot right on the Rancocas Creek. There's a nice resturant right on the water called the Calypso Cafe that will cater an event for us and we'll have our own second floor room with a deck overlooking the water. There's a good launch ramp right there (although the ramp fee is $15.00 for the day). There are two riding areas close by, but not right in front of the deck. We'd still be able to see plenty of riding.

Kevin, I'd like to have you come over to our site and check it out. You can let us know if that's the type of place you're looking for to hold a cool little wakeboarding day.

Oh yeah, please check out our new Web site for the East Coast Styles Wakeboarding School. The site is getting started and we really have no idea how to run it, but at least there's some info for you to check out.
rideecs.com

We're making up the labels for our first mailer and we'll be sending them within a few days. Get those addresses this way and I'll be sure to get you on the list.

Later

JB

Old    martini            05-07-2003, 12:59 PM Reply   
JB...drop me a beat...
-martini
martini@californiacorrectcraft.com">pmartini@californiacorrectcraft.com
Old    runnypoo2003            05-07-2003, 1:05 PM Reply   
Jeff, are you ok to ride? How is your weight problem, you must have lost a bunch of weight.
Old    martini            05-07-2003, 1:07 PM Reply   
JB...drop me a beat...
-martini
martini@californiacorrectcraft.com">pmartini@californiacorrectcraft.com
Old    runnypoo2003            05-07-2003, 1:10 PM Reply   
Martini, have another.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-07-2003, 8:22 PM Reply   
Time to help me make a decision. After working this Saturday until 4:00pm then driving close to two hours to get to my shore house and arriving about 6:00pm, do I jump in my boat to catch a fast set or two at 6:00pm high tide or do I do the responsible thing and stay home and work on my gutted back porch so I have it ready for my big Memorial Day Weekend family barbecue? This is a tough one.
Old    freekshow            05-07-2003, 8:47 PM Reply   
Alex,

Having the same problem: Do I go down to Cape May for the weekend with my wife for Mother's Day, or do I lobby to stay home and ride all day saturday? Decisions...decisions...
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-07-2003, 9:01 PM Reply   
Alex,
hop in the boat and got for a set!!!...Then hit Homie for that set of Quarts light you always wanted be never had a reason to buy!

:-) KG
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-07-2003, 9:15 PM Reply   
A similar dillema Jeff, but I think I am a step or two ahead of you. I've arranged to bring Mom with me to the shore house on Saturday, so on Sunday morning we can take her out for a nice Mother's Day breakfast buffet. In addition, njladydriver has arranged to have her sister drive their mother to the shore house for the same breakfast buffet! Thus, we've got the Moms on both sides of the family covered. It's just a matter of listening to my brain or listening to my passion. So far, with Kevin chiming in, I have one vote for wakeboarding.
Old    ffejtable            05-09-2003, 3:47 PM Reply   
Alex.... Riding, of course... :-) I don't think the patio poses any hazard, right?

Think of all the people that can help you with the patio on memorial day weekend.. Just make sure they do it before cosuming large quantities of beer.. Or you can get the Moms to help you out on Sunday, but I don't think thats a good idea.. :-)

Hey of all the sicknesses we could have, I tell myself this isn't so bad...

Was hoping to put mine in the water this week but I opted to get a custom cover made instead and they needed the boat.. It came out nice...

Jeff, the spot you are talking to sounds good... Are we ready to pick a date?

--jeff
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-09-2003, 8:49 PM Reply   
Actually, I think the weather may now dictate my Saturday early evening plans. Currently there are late day showers predicted for Saturday, so that may be that. Unless it rains really hard and then stops around 5:30. Ever go out right after a really hard rain just as the sun starts coming back out? At that time there's usually zero wind and perfect flat water. It's a rare excellent moment, but it does happen occasionally. Speaking of excellent moments, ladyboatdriver and I may need a third (or fourth) for around 11:00 Saturday the 17th and/or Sunday the 18th.
Old    sarrah            05-10-2003, 5:37 PM Reply   
:-) Happy mothers day to all,

Jeff I sent you my info for the mailing list

Alex hows the new boat and the shore treating you so far?
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-12-2003, 8:10 PM Reply   
Hey Sarah: The new boat and Beach Haven West are great! I've been out boarding behind the new boat twice already this year. The Mother's Day weekend boarding adventure turned into me taking my mother, njladydriver's mother and njladydriver's two sisters on a leisurely cruise up and down Mill Creek. Oh boy. Now THERE'S excitement. The best part of the ride was that I was playing a CD I made with music from 12 Honkeys, Cocktail and Hype, and the Moms were like "What is this music? This isn't music. What is this stuff?" Ha-ha! That was great!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-13-2003, 6:50 AM Reply   
lol, that is great Alex!

They just don't understand our younger generation of music!!!
Old    sarrah            05-13-2003, 10:49 AM Reply   
HAHA sounds like you had a good time, My mothers day was spent working at your local shoprite in manahawkin....bleh and now im sick...o well haha mill creek yeah thats exciting...:-) the music im sure lightend the moment!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-14-2003, 8:17 PM Reply   
Alright! The Manahawkin Shop-Rite! What department are you in Sarah? I'll be sure to come by and buy a pound of clams or something. Ha-ha! We're going to try to get out around 11:00am this Saturday if you want to go for a boat ride. The water's still on the cold side and you'd need a drysuit, or at least a wetsuit, if you'd want to jump in. We may try to get out Sunday around the same time as well. Anyone else interested in going for a pull?

It was funny Kevin. What really seemed to irritate the grannies was Mechanized Mind by The Clay People, off the Cocktail video. I guess they're just not from an era when angry growled lyrics were considered good! It was classic.
Old    mastercraft17            05-15-2003, 5:26 AM Reply   
Okay, This saturday I have my senior prom and on sunday i'm planning on going to the shore. And I was wondering if any of you guys were going out on sunday, and if I could get a pull.
Old    sarrah            05-15-2003, 3:11 PM Reply   
LoL I am still quite the beginer so I think i will wait for it to get a little warmer! I wouldnt mind going along for a ride tho haha it would be fun! I wish the sun would come out! LoL Im a Cashier at shoprite! Its really not fun! I work from 3-8 on sunday and saturday ive planed on calling out because my friends b-day party thingy is at 4 customers are really not nice lol i go home everyday wanting to cry! :-(
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-15-2003, 7:47 PM Reply   
Chris,Sarah,the Jeffs: We're dying to go out Saturday, but the weather forecast is ify. If we do go out on Saturday we'd like to push-off at around 11:00/11:30am. Sunday may be the nicer of the two days, and on Sunday we'd like to push-off around 11:30/noon. And Sarah, if you just want to go for the ride and not board, that's fine. We'll need a third on Sunday anyway. I'll email you guys my cell phone number just in case you really want to make it happen.
Old    proairrules            05-15-2003, 8:28 PM Reply   
Well tomorrow I head to Avalon to start my last summer of pure selfish carnage. The wife and I are expecting a little wakeboarder in November so this could be the last truly free summer for me, forever.

I'm not taking the boat this weekend but I'm hoping I can get Kevin to come down this weekend so I can get a pull :-)

If anyone is going to be in Avalon or the area this weekend we'll be drinkin' at the P so come on by!!!!
Old    ffejtable            05-16-2003, 10:28 AM Reply   
Chris, what area of the shore do you plan on being at?

Alex, I would love to go but if the weather holds up on saturday I have to help dad with some cement work for the pool. Also be sure to check out your e-mail, I sent you pics from last time, I forgot all about those...

Sunday I would like to ride at some point, and also have fishin in the plans as well...

Got the boat in the water and docked at my slip yesterday so i'm ready to roll....

Old    mastercraft17            05-16-2003, 11:00 AM Reply   
I'm probably going down by the seadside or point pleasant area.
Old    sarrah            05-16-2003, 12:24 PM Reply   
yes this weather dose in fact suck im sick of it!!!
Old    freekshow            05-16-2003, 1:08 PM Reply   
Sarah, I fummblerd your address. Please send it again so I can put you on the label list.
For everyone else who sent their addresses, be peeping your mailbox for our East Coast Style Wakeboard School flyer. Not too flashy, but just a little something to get folks thinking about riding.
And I think this weather has been the pits! For the last two times we've gone riding I went out there and tried to deal with the rough conditions, and when I was done no one else wanted to even bother with it. It's time to start hoping we get an extended summer well into the Fall season.
Kevin, do you ride near Ridgewood? I'm going to be up in Mahwah this Saturday. I'll steal away to ride if you're close.

JB
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-18-2003, 4:11 PM Reply   
Jeff B, if you're able to send email, why not do an email mailing for the school? It's quicker and cheaper right? Since you're pretty much a household name to anyone who truly reads wakeboarding magazine (BTW, Nice submissions to this months mag's 10 year anniversary), Surely with your past contribution to wakeboarding magazine as former editor, there must be some connections who can get the school promoted for you. I'm actually looking to send my 8 year old for some lessons, just don't know where yet. He has 1 season under his belt and can do a few things but I think with a few lessons he can excel a bit more with the right coaching. Too bad this weather hasn't been the greatest. He has a full wetsuit but not a dry suit so he hasn't been able to ride behind the new boat yet. Oh well...this weather has to change sooner or later!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-18-2003, 7:14 PM Reply   
Hi All,
Things are finally beginning to look good with the weather, soon ppl soon we can shed the wetsuits and do some real boarding!!!

Jeff,
No I don't board much in the northern part of the state. Years ago, we use to go up to Greenwood lake, and I talk to Billy Bender every once in a while, but I don't own a trailer for the MC, so I am a bit limited, mainly to Avalon. Sorry I missed you this time, but in the future, If you are ever up this way and want to make a pit stop, or grab some food passing by, email me, and we'll hook up. Alex and Duzent are in the next town over as well! I dropped ya an email late Sat night on my person contact info as well.

Alex/Duzent...
We live so close, we should get together one night for a drink or pizza or something! I was just recently laid off from work, and during the weekdays I am in Ridgewood and in the weekends in South Jersey. If you want to meet some time, just drop me a email to kgeary@wakescene.com.

KG
Old    wrride            05-19-2003, 6:46 PM Reply   
Jeff are you and Jeremy riding on a daily basis yet?
Old    freekshow            05-19-2003, 8:27 PM Reply   
Clinton, we're trying to get out every day. It's been a litle chilly, but I just got a new board and bindings so my stoke overcomes the slight chill. We got our shipment of new boards for the school and we're ready to rock for the season!

Anyone get our flyer yet? They should have arrived by May 20th. Let me know.
Duzent, thanks for the props on the Anniversary issue. I had fun writing those. I will do so e-mails during the summer to keep everyone posted on any happenings.
Kevin, any chance you'll come down on Wednesday? I am leaving for the Masters in Georgia on Thusday morning and won't be back until late Sunday. I'd like to try to get that wakeboarding event planned for some time in early June.

LAter!
JB
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-20-2003, 8:00 AM Reply   
Sorry JB, Wednesday does not look good this week. Lets try to schedule something for the following week.

Contact me when you get back from the Masters and we will work something out.

KG
kgeary@wakescene.com
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-20-2003, 8:05 AM Reply   
im riding my first time next monday i can't wait
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-21-2003, 7:24 PM Reply   
Hello Friends:
So far we've gotten out twice this season, but since then it's rained every single weekend and it's supposed to rain again this weekend as well. We're dying to get out there and get the new boat dialed-in, but the damned weather is fighting us every step of the way.

Kevin: Sure, let's hook-up for some eats and some suds. Duzent and I usually have Wednesday nights free, so maybe we can all meet at The Office or Smith Brothers or The New York Pizza Factory and we can eat, hang and talk wakeboarding. Perhaps we can even roast a couple of cigars. Or if you ever want to detour off at exit 63 on your way down to Avalon some weekend, we can defintely find somewhere to hang on LBI. And if you have time, perhaps we can even take out the Super Air for a spin around the bay. I'll email you with my cell phone number. Perhaps Jeff or JB will hang with us too.
Old    ffejtable            05-21-2003, 9:27 PM Reply   
Kevin... if you ever need a 3rd during the week, I am up for it... I am unemployed as well (mostly by choice) and have returned to school full time and for the summer my classes are currently Mon & Wed...

I was out yesterday all day (Tuesday) and it was disaapointing to see glass and nobody to ride with...
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-21-2003, 9:36 PM Reply   
Alex,
dude I hear ya on the rain thing. Last year we were so spoiled, it was warm enough to board in Jan, let alone may-june. Heck it was still snowing in late April this year...global warming, my butt!!!

oh by the way, you got mail!

KG
Old    mastercraft17            05-22-2003, 7:20 AM Reply   
Eustace, we should be bringing the boat home like next week, so if you want to go out on the river send me an email. It shouldn't be that, that bad with a wet suit
Old    ffejtable            05-26-2003, 2:16 PM Reply   
this weather is beat!

anybody manage to fit in any runs between the rain?
Old    sarrah            05-27-2003, 8:29 AM Reply   
ehhhhhhhh when aam i going to see the sun again!! this stinks! the weather makes me in such a bad mood the sun came out for an hour today and im stuck in school. Some memorial day it rained and all I did was work ::sigh:: I want summer to come

Jeff I got the thingy in the mail :-)
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-27-2003, 10:44 AM Reply   
What happened to Sunny and 85!! ,,, I cant take it anymore,,,, think I'm growing mold

Chris, I'm shooting for this weekend. Where are going out from Trenton or UBE. Do you know if Kellers landing is open for business?, otherwise I'm defiantly heading for Trenton.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-27-2003, 3:17 PM Reply   
I was able to get 3 cloudy runs in. Had some wind and almost rain, but it held off. The water was still cold, 52.8-54.6 all weekend. Boy do I suck, I gotta increase my workout some!

KG
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       05-27-2003, 6:43 PM Reply   
Eustace,
I noticed that you are from Doylestown. You said you go out of Trenton. Does NJ hassle you if your from PA? We just got a boat and have been going out of Croydon, is Trenton better? We normally Wakeboard up that way anyway.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-27-2003, 8:28 PM Reply   
Yep. I took Friday off, I had a four-day weekend down at my shore house, it was cloudy, cold and damp every single day and the boat never left the dock. First it wouldn't stop snowing, then it wouldn't stop being freezing cold, now it won't stop raining. When is this crap weather going to end? The long range forecast for this Saturday is low 70s, partly cloudy, chance of scattered thunder storms with a 30% chance of rain. You know what? At this point I'll take those odds. High tide is at 12 noon this Saturday, so we're planning to push-off around 10:00am so we can catch both sides of it. I just don't know if I can handle another rainy weekend.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-28-2003, 11:51 AM Reply   
George, I have never had a problem launching out of NJ. Can’t speak for the Croydon ramp, but the Trenton ramp plenty wide so that two boats can load/launch at once with docks on either side of the ramp and a descent amount of trailer parking.

Once under way you have about ½ a mile of no wake zone, but after that is clear running.
Just try and stay in the channels at low tide.

See ya out there…. E
Old    transcoastrider            05-28-2003, 12:46 PM Reply   
I am looking for a pull on Saturday morning 5/31 in the Jersey/Philly area. I got gas money, too. Does anybody need an extra in their boat?
Old    sarrah            06-01-2003, 11:33 AM Reply   
Its suposed to be nice 2morro I think. 75 and sunny! Of course work, but im taking off school to go surfing with my friend dana cuz its her b-day! Alex I hope this weather gets better for you soon...I think they said 25 out of 29 days in may were rainy or cloudy...what crap...
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-01-2003, 8:18 PM Reply   
We got out for a little while on Saturday Sarah, until it started to rain and we headed in. On the way in it poured really hard for a while which made navigation really difficult, plus we were battling for space in the channel with a bunch of big cigarette boats that must have been in some sort of race around the island. It was an extreme boat ride.
Old    mastercraft17            06-03-2003, 4:17 PM Reply   
It supposed to be nice this sunday.. Send me an email if you are going out and maybe I can be a third....Eustace have you ever been to frenchtown?
Old    ffejtable            06-04-2003, 9:33 AM Reply   
thursday and friday of this week are currently looking promising if any of you guys can ride during the week... the few times ive been out (just driving around) have been weekdays and the water has been great...
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-04-2003, 7:04 PM Reply   
To pay for the Super Air this lousy weather isn't letting me use, I'll be working Thursday, Friday AND Saturday. Of course, wet weather is forecast for this weekend again. Still we're hoping to go out for a little while Saturday night at about 6:00pm for some of that early evening butter. I hope we get to make it happen.
Old    freekshow            06-10-2003, 7:09 PM Reply   
What's up, Jersey crew? Man, this thread is strating to go unused! I gotta do a better job myself of spreading the stoke!

Although we've actually done a whole lot of riding through the terrible weather, we finally got to put the wetsuits away and we just went out in boardshorts and vests tonight. The water was great and there was hardly any wind and no boat traffic through where we ride. I definitely want to get that wakeboard day set for the near future. I'm gonna be gone almost every weekend in July so I'd like to do it sooner rather than later. Are you guys still interested? Let me know and I'll get it going.

Alex, where are you guys riding? I'd love to come get a pull off that super air! PLease let me know if I could drop in for a set.

Thanks and let's get the pace back up to speed amongst the Jersey riders!

JB
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-10-2003, 8:06 PM Reply   
Greetings Friends:
Yes, I too noticed that this thread was beginning to get neglected. I thought that the New Jersey riders here on wakeworld were done "representing" here and that this thread was just about ready to fade into one of the wakeworld archive folders. But no! JB has fanned this thread's embers and stoked new life into its flame! Let's keep it burning.

We put the boat in the water in April, it's now almost mid-June and we still have not had a good full day of wakeboarding yet. It's rained practically every weekend. We got out once with Jeff form this thread, but we still din't have the ballast system or Perfect Pass dialed in, plus we were on a short time schedule. Since then it has rained evry stinkin weekend. We tried going out to weeks ago, and after a couple quick passes is started to pour so hard it was like a nightmare out there in our open boat. We tried again last Sunday, but it was windy and the water conditions made boarding laborious and not fun. So, once again we have our sights set on this Saturday. High tide is around 11:15am, so we're planning to push-off around 9:00/9:30am. If you think you might want to tag along JB jsut send me an email. We're in Manahawkin, near Long Beach Island, just off of Parkway exit 63. We ride out in the bay in a small cove known as Turtle Cove. At high tide we're almost sure to see some other wakeboard boats out there. If you're interested, let me know as pronto as possible because the last time I check my email before heaing-off for the weekend is on Thursday nights.

Staying true to the NJ stoke, Alex K.
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       06-11-2003, 5:15 AM Reply   
We were out on the Delaware river last night. I guess people have the itch because it was crowded for a tuesday. Lots of logs floating around to dodge, but at least we got out. I don't know about going in without a wetsuit, water is still cold, around 60?
Old    mastercraft17            06-11-2003, 6:13 AM Reply   
Palovcak......Were at in the delaware do you board? I haven't been out yet...i'm going crazy!!!!!
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       06-11-2003, 10:10 AM Reply   
We go in at the Ramp in Croydon at the State Park and go North up around Tullytown/Bordentown.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-11-2003, 11:02 AM Reply   
Hiiii everybody (Hiiii Dr. Nick) sorry simpsons reference!!

So yea I agree with Alex, this stinks!!! So far I have only been able to ride 1 day per weekend since the beginning of May. 6 days of riding in a month and a half is NOT acceptable. But what are we to do, we are caught in crappy weather pattern. It will change and I hope it happens soon.

Alex/Duzent,
We gotta do dinner again, that was cool!
Alex, Duzent Matter, my wife and myself went to dinner just two weeks ago. It was great to meet folks that are so into wakeboarding. The conversation just kept going, it was great. I gotta go to you, or you come on down to
Avalon for a day, we'll get that one day a weekend in together!!!

JB,
you got mail

KG
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-11-2003, 6:37 PM Reply   
Hey KG:
Yes, our night out was fun! When ever you want to do dinner again, let us know. Or if you ever want to stop-off in Manahawkin to board and/or hang and hoist a few, just give us a holler! While it's supposed to be cloudy this weekend, it's not supposed to rain. We're hoping to shove-off at around 9:00am on Saturday and then around 10:00am on Sunday. If you're interested in swinging by, you know how to get a hold of me.

The same goes for you JB.

Alex
Old     (yeaitsmemarc)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-12-2003, 9:17 PM Reply   
Anyone ride in North Jersey? I live about 25 min. outside NYC, and ride at Greenwood Lake.. Drop me a line, if you're looking for a pull!
-Marc
Savatsky@hotmail.com
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-16-2003, 8:19 AM Reply   
What a great weekend!!!
Finally we got some decent weather. I did the following...
Got sun burned, waxed the boat, face-planted for the first time in 3 years trying a toe-side backroll, bruised my thumb on a toe-side 180 w/nose grab, cut same thumb, trying same trick a few minutes later. Had way to many cheese- steaks, fries, and soda!!!

can't wait for next weekend, weather is already looking good!!!

KG
Old    proairrules            06-16-2003, 8:24 AM Reply   
I actually rode for the first time in 9 months. Thanks KG ;)

I'm paying for it this morning though, age is a bitch. Enjoy your youth while you can!!!!
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-16-2003, 5:01 PM Reply   
Yeah!!! We had two great days of wakeboarding! Finally the weather was with us! It was surely worth the bad sunburn we both have because of it.
Kevin, glad to hear you also had a good run, well, besides your bruises anyway .
Let's keep the fingers crossed that this weekend is the same. Alex is the tide man here and knows just when we're going to hit the water. It will be Saturday around 5:30pm or so and Sunday at 5:30am. I told him let's go for it! Gotta get it in whuile we can!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-16-2003, 7:21 PM Reply   
Oh man... My upper body is painfully sunburned (lobster man), my quads are a bit sore, my knees are achy and my neck is a little stiff from landing on it after a failed flying out-of-control wake jump. Life is good. I can't wait to do it all again next weekend.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-17-2003, 7:39 AM Reply   
ALRIGHT!!!
Sat/Sun.....Sunny Mid 80's, been this foreast for two full days now, so they can't be wrong!!!

KG
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-17-2003, 6:40 PM Reply   
As Doreen, uh...., I mean Duzent mentioned, high tide is at about 5:30pm Saturday evening, thus we'll be pushing off around 3:00/3:30. The next high tide cycle is at about 5:30am Sunday morning! We may just give it a shot and hopefully be the only boat out on that early AM glass.

After staying alive for over four months and after accumulating over 200 postings, do you think David Williams has ever read through this crazy thread just to see what's going on here? Or do you think that when he, or anyone else, sees the word "Jersey" he just laughs a bit and passes right over us?
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-17-2003, 8:37 PM Reply   
We have the Sopranos, they fear us!!!

I do think that this is one of the longest running posts I have seen, and I have been reading this board for over 2 years! That would be a question only Dave could really answer, as I think he keeps a sheet of the biggest and best! Dave Williams, care to chime in on that?

KG

(Message edited by wakescene on June 17, 2003)
Old    jumbojoe            06-19-2003, 8:34 AM Reply   
The sun was a pleasant surprise this past Saturday. Man....i picked the worst year to come up here and work. I actually got a couple decent runs in this weekend, and got a run in on my inland surfer too. I felt pretty good (considering my age and the fact that I try to keep up with the young bucks at night), but i've been cheating a little; i've been going back to AZ to ride every other weekend. Wish we would get a little of their sun up here.

Hopefully, the sun will hold out this weekend, and I'll see some of you in Avalon. The Xstar will be making its east coast debute. I think i've done just about everything needed to run it in salt water. We'll see.

This is a long string. Keep the stoke alive.

Old    proairrules            06-19-2003, 10:00 AM Reply   
Joe...you're old dude.
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-19-2003, 4:53 PM Reply   
Had a dream last night I talked lloyd into getting Shaun to come to NJ with his BYT! Told him I got connections with the owner of the quarry (barely) and that he could hook it up for us. They came to an agreement and we all took turns riding behind Shaun's boat! Sheesh, what's wrong with me having such dreams! "How bad do you have it?" as they say in the NASCAR commercials.

Jeff B, I know you can hook something up with your Pro buddies (Shaun, Parks, Darin, Danny, Ricky, Scott?) Still looking forward to some type of Wakeboard Fiesta Day! If only the weather will cooperate. Hope everyone has a good run this weekend!
Old    proairrules            06-19-2003, 7:32 PM Reply   
Maybe we could hook up a day or weekend in Avalon. JB could get the crew together and we could supply some boats, beer and fun.

Maybe during bills wakeboard competition this year?