Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old    mastercraft17            02-12-2003, 6:10 AM Reply   
Whats the earliest date you guys go out? I can't wait for it to "WARM UP"..Had enough of winter!!!
Old     (columbiatch)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-12-2003, 7:32 AM Reply   
How far from NYC are you? I'll go out with anyone as soon as the water gets into the 60's. Will that be around May?
Old    wrride            02-12-2003, 7:48 AM Reply   
I was thinking mid march but this winter has been sooooo cold so I am now shooting for the beginning of april- If you ever want to ride drop me a line.
Old    ffejtable            02-12-2003, 7:54 AM Reply   
Hey... Got my drysuit for christmas so as soon as the ice melts im out there!

Yeah right.. Im not that manly (CRAZY)... Probably when the water temp hits mid 50s I will give it a try.. Although its also going to require me to find a few more nuts like myself.

Scott, yeah 60 degree water is about may. I actually went out last april when we had a week or so in the 90s. Between the sun beating down on the water and water coming up from the south the water temps were fine for me in a 3/2 fullsuit.

I have my own ride (01' bayliner) so I can go whenever I can convince people.. Sad to think I have to do such a thing...

e-mail me if you guys are interested.

--jeff
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-12-2003, 7:12 PM Reply   
Alright! New Jersey people! Well, last year I got into the water around mid May. But since I just purchased a brand new Super Air Team Edition, this feels like the longest Winter of my life! I'm shooting for getting my new boat in the (salt)water sometime in April, and once the boat's in the water, it's just a matter of putting on my drysuit and waiting for high tide! Stay in touch. Maybe we can be the wakeworld.com's New Jersey Riders crew, or NJR. <g> I recently did a wakeworld member search by state and found that there are only 11 regisitered wakeworld members calling New Jersey their home. So our work is cut-out for us men (and women). We have to represent! <g> Alex}
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-12-2003, 7:32 PM Reply   
Easy there big boy. Before you start laying the ground work for wakeboarding's next cutting edge crew of riders, you should probably be checking with the person who's going to be driving the boat! And if you New Jersey readers want to see the new boat that Alex and I just bought, click on my profile! You gotta love it!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-12-2003, 8:15 PM Reply   
Oh boy...I gotta hop in here!

I have been supporting NJ and our riders on the board for just over 2 years now, I even think at one point, I was the only one, glad to see we are growing! anywho...

I put my baby in the first weekend of April, nice time to bust out the wakeskate and get that balance back!!!

In july/August, there is usually a Wakeboard competition in the Horseshoe on the Avalon causeway (Exit 13 GSP). This is a Great time, and the party life afterward, is amazing! I hopefully will have some more info on this come Memorial-day weekend, when I see the dude that runs it.

If any of ya are in the Avalon area this summer, email me,and we'll ride!

KG

oh yea, mid april is the earliest we get in the water, just after it breaks out of the 50's!

(Message edited by wakescene on February 12, 2003)
Old    wrride            02-13-2003, 10:15 AM Reply   
Nice Boat!!!!
Old    mastercraft17            02-13-2003, 3:11 PM Reply   
Scott,I'm about an 1 hour and 15 minutes from New York. I board on the delware river "PURE BUTTER".
Old    ffejtable            02-13-2003, 4:15 PM Reply   
I hope to be riding a LOT this summer as I don't plan on working. (At 28, thats not exactly the norm). So I am definately looking for a crew that can ride during the week when the bennies aren't around and the water is butter.
Old     (columbiatch)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-13-2003, 6:16 PM Reply   
I definately want to come ride with you guys this summer. What kind of public transportation can get me out there?
Old    ffejtable            02-13-2003, 6:21 PM Reply   
Scott,

New Jersey Transit Coast Line takes you to a station right here in town. You can pick up a train from Penn. Its about a 1:15 ride. You can also take the Northeast Corridor which will take you to Trenton which is near the Delaware but probably a few miles south of where they ride. I havent been on the Delaware yet but I know somebody who just got a new VLX who will probably be out there March/April.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-14-2003, 6:56 PM Reply   
We should try to keep this New Jersey thread alive so we can all stay in contact. Yes, it's freezing now, but Spring is inching closer and closer. Every mornig when I'm on the treadmill and every night when I'm pumping iron, I know I'm doing for the upcoming wakeboard season. I totally can wait.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-14-2003, 6:57 PM Reply   
We should try to keep this New Jersey thread alive so we can all stay in contact. Yes, it's freezing now, but Spring is inching closer and closer. Every mornig when I'm on the treadmill and every night when I'm pumping iron, I know I'm doing for the upcoming wakeboard season. I totally can't wait.
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-15-2003, 11:08 AM Reply   
Thanks Clinton, we're really excited about the new boat and as Alex has said, it feels like the longest winter ever! All we talk about is getting the boat in the water so you know we will be out there as early as possible! There's 2 really cool things about getting this boat...I get to drive it and Alex gets to ride behind it!!
Old     (columbiatch)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-17-2003, 10:14 AM Reply   
Longest winter ever! No kidding. An how about this snow?? I'm burried!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-17-2003, 1:46 PM Reply   
This snow is just wrong. Once it stops I'm going to be digging for hours. Scott, I graduated from Columbia's School of General Studies in 1993.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-18-2003, 9:54 AM Reply   
Hey Chris, what part of the river do you run. Early season I launch at Kellers landing in Milford, the rest of the season I usally go out of Trenton.
Old    ffejtable            02-18-2003, 10:09 AM Reply   
Hey, looks like they started up a "Fuind a Third/Be a Third" discussion group.. Perhaps we can move this thread there?

Also if anybody wants I can create a mailing/distribution list of Jersey riders for discussion as well. Sending a message to say "NJRIDERS@DOMAIN.COM" will get the message sent to whoever signed up to be on the list.

I run my own mail server (because SPAM SUCKS), so I can set it up pretty quickly/easily. If anybody is interested, let me know.

Anybody else in here other than Nigel and I have a drysuit and plan on riding in 50 degree water? :-)

--Jeff

Old    mastercraft17            02-18-2003, 12:05 PM Reply   
Yo Eustace, I've seen you there before we go out of Kellers in milford to. You've probably seen us in a sea ray. Where probably getting a Moomba soon. We go done to trenton some times also.Hope to see you this summer...
Old    flackpb            02-18-2003, 8:19 PM Reply   
I didn't realize there were this many Jersey Riders!

I've been riding down in Stone harbor for years, some of you may have seen my boat in muddy hole or the horseshoe (rarely), I have a Green/off white Tige 22i with a black tower. I ride with Mike R. (white/blue 21V riders edition, from Ocean City) and Tom Tice (Island Watersports) sometimes also. There are also a few nice boats down in Stone Harbor, though I don't know the people. There are two Mastercrafts with Towers, an X-star, and a nice black SAN who all ride around me.

I'd love to meet up with some of the other riders from the area, I'm always looking for a third (or more), or a pull if I can't get anyone to go out with me.

Pete
Old    mastercraft17            02-18-2003, 8:32 PM Reply   
Where is stone harbor at? We go out a little below Tenton thunder stadium ,when we go out there..
Old     (columbiatch)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-19-2003, 11:29 AM Reply   
Does anyone think it's possible to get together this summer and have a big bash somewhere like the socal riders?
Old    ffejtable            02-19-2003, 11:45 AM Reply   
I think somebody hosts one down in Avalon, which is south of atlantic city (south of wildwood)...

I'm game.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-19-2003, 12:31 PM Reply   
I think that event in Avalon is "wild Bill's" or somthing like that....

no matter, Count me in!
Old    ffejtable            02-19-2003, 1:52 PM Reply   
Its all coming back to me now...

I think Kevin Geary is the guy on wakeworld that I runs www.wakescene.com which has (had) info. Site hasn't been updated in a while and I didnt see any mention of a 2002 event...
Old    mastercraft17            02-19-2003, 2:45 PM Reply   
We all have to keep in touch for the boarding season."I know one thing we won't be in a drought".
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-19-2003, 8:23 PM Reply   
This is great! New Jersey rider participation. If you're interested in seeing some local riding action from my area click on this link:
http://www.islandsurf-sail.com/wakeboard/movies.asp
This was produced by the one and only wakeboard shop in my immediate area and I do not know any of the riders.
But here's a picture of me, my first day out early last may. Note the full drysuit and full neoprene hood. Also, I was riding behind my old outboard, before I started loading it with fat sacks. With the new SAN TE just waiting to be launched, I probably won't be riding behind this wakeboard party machine ever again. This isn't not much of an action shot, but this is where I ride; Turtle Cove, Manahawkin Bay.

Turtle Cove
Old    flackpb            02-19-2003, 9:41 PM Reply   
Stone Harbor is just below Avalon, and above Wildwood, on the southern tip of Jersey. There aren't a ton of riders down here, but you see more and more every summer.

Pete
Old    wrride            02-20-2003, 6:36 AM Reply   
Scott I second that- All of us should get together for a ride in April or May before the waters get too crowded.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-20-2003, 7:38 AM Reply   
Pete,
I do enjoy the fact that S. Jersey is still a bit undiscovered. We are getting a lot of weekend warriers in the past few years!!!

I find that early Friday and late Sunday afternoon's are the best water, but Monday morning at 7am is the absolute best. All those going back to work are super enveaous (sp?).

KG
Old    ffejtable            02-20-2003, 7:44 AM Reply   
Something else to keep in mind.. How many of you have been to the INT league competition in Dayton? Any of you plan on going this year? It's a nice laid back environment and made me feel comfortable even though I had only boarded a few times prior to going...

http://www.intleague.com

I don't think the site has been updated for NJ-2003 yet though.
Old    wrride            02-20-2003, 9:15 AM Reply   
I am going to try to go to most of the local comps. this year including the INT comps.
Old     (columbiatch)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-20-2003, 9:19 AM Reply   
Can anyone help me out and tell me what train station is closest to Avalon or other riding spots down there?
Old    ffejtable            02-20-2003, 9:22 AM Reply   
atlantic city. and getting from NYC to AC wouldnt be very fun since youd have to go out to philly.

you could take the train to my place and i could drive you down if i go.
Old    mastercraft17            02-20-2003, 9:29 AM Reply   
I'm definitly in.I'm going to try to get to the one in Avalon I heard its pretty good. Has anybody gone in the past years?
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-20-2003, 10:42 AM Reply   
Heres a few links...
http://www.wakescene.com/photos_page_2.htm

http://www.avalon-nj.com/Photos/2002images/wildbills/index.htm

http://www.wildbillswakeboarding.com/

This is just a great day, but long...I have competed in all 3 so far, placed in all 3 as well. bitchin good time.

KG

(Message edited by wakescene on February 20, 2003)
Old     (njwaterwarrior)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-21-2003, 9:06 AM Reply   
YO if any of you guys ever go to the delaware river e-mail me so I can ride with you. I don't have much of a wakeboard boat, but it gets the job done. i'm looking for someone to wakeboard with because I really haven't ridden with anyone.
Maybe i'll see some of you guys this sring or summer. I'm located in frenchtown.
My Email is:STEMUR1@YAHOO.COM}}
Old    ffejtable            02-21-2003, 1:48 PM Reply   
Steve,

I'm in the same boat as you (so to speak).. I have a bayliner, but it suits me at my skill level.

Hopefully we will hook up this summer and you can teach this "old" dog some new tricks....
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-21-2003, 7:37 PM Reply   
OK, so we've all established we want to get together and ride. How about in the near future, we plan and set up some dates (early April) where we can meet and all go out on the water for some fun? Since it seems as if we are all offering our areas up to whoever wants to come down to ride, we can take turns setting up the dates and we can go to those sites and make it happen. I'll offer the first meeting place to be in Manahawkin early April for those interested. As I've mentioned before in a previous post, we're in Manahawkin, Long Beach Island area, and ride in Manahawkin Bay. And as a few of you already know, we can't wait to get the new boat out on the water! Click on my profile to see why!
Old    mastercraft17            02-22-2003, 8:08 AM Reply   
Do you guys have dry suits? I don't just full wet suit..
Old    ffejtable            02-24-2003, 11:27 AM Reply   
Count me in!

Chris, I got Bare Ultra Dry suit for xmas :-)
Old    elevenmg            02-24-2003, 1:54 PM Reply   
Jeff funny you should mention someone with a brand new VLX that rides on the delaware... unfortunately due to all the snow there will most likely be a lot of crap in the water... here is the bottom line. water temp 49 or lower I'm not going out. 50 or warmer I'll be out there. If there is a lot of junk in the water the boats going back on the trailer.
Old     (columbiatch)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-24-2003, 4:45 PM Reply   
Dude Nigel, how did you pull off buying a brand new VLX at the age of 21??? Fill me in bro. Looks like a great boat.
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-24-2003, 4:52 PM Reply   
Sorry guys...correction to my last post. As desperate as I am to get the new boat in the water, Alex has brought to my attention it is still quite chilly to be in the water early April. Especially the winter we are having. I'll start setting dates for early May and see who wants to join for the first gathering. Jeff, you're the first on my list! Anyone else who wants to join up with a few Jersey Riders, let me know. We're trying to keep the Jersey posts going!
Old    mastercraft17            02-24-2003, 4:52 PM Reply   
Nigel, Where at on the delaware river do you board? OH yeah nice boat
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-24-2003, 6:57 PM Reply   
I'm the bum!!!

I have been so busy with work and moving to a new place that I haven't had much time to be updating www.Wakescene.com, my apologies!

There was a 2002 Wildbill's event, and it was a really good time. http://www.wakescene.com/photos_page_2.htm
The info I have on it is limited, and I didn't really do a writeup on it, but as far as I know, there will be one in 2003. I hope to See the guy that runs it (Bill Depeso) Memorial day weekend.

As far as getting together with everyone, I would be totally in, and would even work to setup a day in Avalon with everyone. The Horseshoe in Avalon has a little beach, enough for a bunch of boats, and a place to chill. I setup a grill one weekend last summer, made for a great day.

KG

Old    flackpb            02-25-2003, 8:46 AM Reply   
My only problem with the Horseshoe is the weekend warriors. Most of the boarders I've seen there know how to drive a boat, but I've seen some tubers/jet skiers who have no business being on the water. My younger brother was almost run over by some yahoo who was watching his tuber (beer in hand of course), rather than the water ahead of him. During the week it's not to bad, but I usually only head up there when everything else is blown over.

A fun place to go in south Jersey is up the Egg Harbor river. Me and some friends usually take two boats, park one and ride off the other, and make it an all day thing. The river is windy enough that you can always find a calm section, yet still get a nice run in, and it's plenty deep even at low tide. Plus it's fresh water farther up, which is great for people like me with bum knees (blown my right ACL twice, I hate riding on saltwater!).

Pete
Old     (njwaterwarrior)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-25-2003, 9:11 AM Reply   
Hey guys I know where some of the smoothest water is on the Delaware. And you can ask chris or eucstace about this one. Up in milford nj you have about a mile and a half stretch where all the people are nice and curtious, and the jet skiers aren't asses. I go out there about 2-4 times a week and if you catch it on a week day you would have no other boats to worry about. The only problem that we had last year was that we were sort of in a drought up there, so the guys with board boats probably had some troubling times. But since I use a stern drive boat because I don't have the money for a direct drive I'm alright. But I think that this year shouldn't be a problem and the water is always warm as hell up there. So if you guys want any info on the area, send me an email and I'll tell you where to go.

Happy riding
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-25-2003, 11:03 AM Reply   
I ran there until around the end of June (it just got too shallow).

Most of the time the water on this section of the Delaware is like glass. The only thing I would suggest it that you hook up with one of us that knows the area. There are some large rocks and a couple of shallow areas that you would want know about.
Old    elevenmg            02-25-2003, 4:06 PM Reply   
I drop the boat in in croydon at the Neshaminy boat ramp. then head a little up river where there is this island on the NJ side it is usually calm. I don't really know any were else. I went a few times last year with some guy I know. I also went a few times with Jeff so I really don't know where the glass is.

How did I buy a VLX at 21... In high school when the school was over I was out mowing lawns... Not playing sports and trying to make babies. When high school was over I sold the business. Now I'm in Real Estate.

(Message edited by elevenmg on February 25, 2003)
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-25-2003, 7:51 PM Reply   
Is the snow ever going to stop?? I'm losing my mind! It's supposed to snow again this Thursday/Friday and maybe AGAIN on Sunday. This is the worst. My lagoon is frozen and the ice has to melt before the dock guy can enlarge my dock. I can't bring the new SAN TE home from the dealer until I have the new dock in place. This weather is killing me.
Old    ffejtable            02-25-2003, 7:58 PM Reply   
you could always leave it at my place! :-)

you arent going to keep the boat in the water in the winter, are you? salt water is evil.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-26-2003, 6:47 PM Reply   
Funny Jeff. Thanks for the offer. Actually, I could bring home the boat anytime I like, but I am waiting to bring it home and put it in the water all in one shot. Right now my old boat is sitting on blocks in my driveway, where it sits every winter. Hopefully, by next Fall the old boat will be sold and the new boat can be Wintered in the same place. You know, all I do is think about this crazy new boat. I SO can't wait for the fun to begin. Even though we haven't even used the boat one single time, my girl is already asking how we're going to load it up with another 2500lbs. She's as hooked on wakeboarding as I am! Life is good.
Old    mastercraft17            02-26-2003, 7:11 PM Reply   
We got to get together when it warms up.I have to ride some of these boats.
Old    ffejtable            02-27-2003, 1:06 PM Reply   
alex,

it was worth the try...

i have a "crappy" boat and I cant help thinking about it... what i fear is having the summer off and nobody to ride with, especially weekedays when the water is nice, now that would suck...

this reminds me i have to pay for my slip tomorrow before i foget.

anybody want to take a road trip somewhere south to a warm lake? :-)

--jeff
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-28-2003, 6:17 PM Reply   
I noticed that at 6:00pm today it still wasn't totally dark yet. That's a great sign. Perhaps the longer days and warmer weather are finally starting to creep back around.

Jeff: Your boat is not crappy. We use what we have. Look at what I was using! Alternative wakeboard boats are cool. But you know, after riding behind the new SAN TE a few times you might get a bit spoiled.
Old    ffejtable            03-09-2003, 11:59 AM Reply   
We can't let this thread die, can we? Its almost time to ride!

Alex, at my skill level my boat is plenty, actually so I am ok with it. I've thought a lot about getting a real boat and I just couldn't justify it, not to mention I ride in salt water. When I bought it I had recreational skiing in mind, some fishing and just hanging out on the water. I wasn't interested in wakeboarding at all for some reason, until a friend convinced me to try it.

Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-09-2003, 6:50 PM Reply   
No, we shouldn't let this thread die. The warmer weather and longer days are drawing nearer (even if it is at a snail's pace)and we'll be back in the water soon. Maybe we can even hang-out and hoist a few before the season begins.

Jeff: At my skill level and at my age I probably should have been happy with my old boat. I've only been wakeboarding for about a season and a half. But my girl and I have have been loving wakeboarding so much that we threw caution and better judgement to the wind and bought an extreme boat. We also have my girl's 8-year-old son out there and he's loving it too! And even know we're going to have this excellent new boat, I'm going to miss the old cruiser. I put a lot of sweat and love (not to mention money) into that old boat and it has a sentimental value. It will be difficult to sell. It's funny, I recently had a guy from England interested in it. If he buys it maybe he can just drive it home.<g>
Old    mastercraft17            03-10-2003, 5:07 AM Reply   
Its supposed to be 60 this sunday so its definitly
getting warmer.I'm counting down the days...All I say to myself is "its going to go fast"
Old    se7en            03-10-2003, 7:28 AM Reply   
I'm a pre-season NJ rider, during the Summer i head up to NY. But I'm down for some riding. I can't wait. I just got my new board in just sit there looking at it longing to ride.
AIM: Freeskier2010
or
Tyler_Curran@yahoo.com

if you guys wanna ride sometime, let me know...
Old    renegade            03-10-2003, 2:42 PM Reply   
Tyler, where in NY do you ride? I'm out in Port Jefferson..
Old     (njwaterwarrior)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-11-2003, 4:40 AM Reply   
Hey guys we definetly need to keep this post alive, but were going to need so input. Lets get something going like showing off our boards or our truck and boat setups, or stuff like that. Because you and I know that this won't stay alive if we don't have any thing to talk about. Start up an idea and we can work off that.
Old    wrride            03-11-2003, 7:04 AM Reply   
Alright anyone have sliders in jersey??????
Old    mastercraft17            03-11-2003, 7:13 AM Reply   
I was thinking about building one this summer with steve. But i'm not sure if we will be aloud to put it out in the river. And the water level always changes.
Old    wrride            03-11-2003, 8:20 AM Reply   
You could attach it to some sort of bungee cords so it can move up and down with the tides??? if you know someone who has a property along the river just make it easy to pull in and out.
Old    wrride            03-11-2003, 8:21 AM Reply   
Depending on your location I would be willing to offer a hand if you need one.
Old     (njwaterwarrior)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-11-2003, 8:44 AM Reply   
Chris and I Know a guy that has property on the river, but it is right on the other side of a bridge. And the river by us it is a no wake zone. And theres a public axcess ramp right there to. Thats where we keep our boatduring the day. But I hope we can get some friends up river alittle and maybe we could build one with them. But who knows, some people are just so stuck up.
Old     (njwaterwarrior)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-11-2003, 8:50 AM Reply   
Oh and by the way were on the west side of NJ, in Frenchtown, but we launch at Milford. And were probably the farthest away from all you guys from the eastern side. But if theres a big enough hooplaah going on with you guys, i'm sure chris and I will find our way down there, or over there, what ever.
Old    proairrules            03-11-2003, 8:57 AM Reply   
I've been away for a while, but now I'm back!!!!!!

Kevin, looks like we're going to need A LOT of corona this summer dude. Our new place is going to be sweet for a party too.

Pete, I saw your tige out there one time, I use to have the yellow pro air but recently just bought a supra ssv.

We'll definately have to get together at the shore this summer. If anyone is interested and is near philly drop me a line. We plan on taking the boat out on the SChuylkill river this spring and in the fall and we're always looking for riders.

After this winter, it's going to be a great summer.
Old    ffejtable            03-11-2003, 11:03 AM Reply   
I have one pic of the boat in my profile.. I'll try to get a pic of the two.

I plan on going out this weekend, anybody like 40 degree weather?

Anybody here have a drysuit? Except for the temperate, the water is great this time of the year..
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-11-2003, 7:14 PM Reply   
Well, the weather is supposed to get up into the 50s and 60s this weekend, so hopefully the ice on my lagoon will melt so the dock guy can drive his barge up my lagoon and extend my dock so I can take delivery of my new SAN TE within the next three or four weeks! When that boat's in the water, I don't care how cold it is, I'm putting on the drysuit, neoprene gloves and hood and I'm going for a pull! Hey Jeff, if you're ever in the LBI area some weekend and want to hang-out and talk wakeboarding let me know. I'll be down there this weekend, hopefully getting some much needed house and yard work done.
Old    ffejtable            03-11-2003, 8:03 PM Reply   
My mom lives in Waretown so LBI is some old stomping ground for me. Would you happen to be in beach haven west?

I'll tell ya what... If I manage to get the boat in the water saturday (I need to get keys to a ramp) I'll stop by :-)

I'd be launching in Brick, so the drive down by boat would be about 45mins.

Air temp looks promising this weekend. Water temp on the other hand will probably not break 40.
Old    elevenmg            03-12-2003, 7:28 AM Reply   
Saturday around 3:30 me, my brother, and my freind decided to go wakeboarding. we were on the water by 4:15. the water temp was 40 I don't remember the air temp. our feet were a little cold but the worst was our hands. they stoped working after 10 minutes. I get back on the boat and find out that the hot water shower isn't working... (the motor for the pump got rusted.) My hands and feet warmed up quickly though. I'm up for going out again this weekend. Hopefully the new pump will be here on friday.

So much for the air and water temp being over 50 before I go out.

(Message edited by elevenmg on March 12, 2003)
Old    ffejtable            03-12-2003, 11:59 AM Reply   
You had gloves on I'm sure, right? I was hoping gloves would at least keep the "wind chill" factor down while riding... guess not..

If you go and need a 3rd, let me know.. :-)
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-12-2003, 7:01 PM Reply   
Yes Jeff! My house is in Beach Haven West. If you actually have your boat in the water in the Manahawkin area on Saturday I'd surely drop the rake or paint brush and go for a cruise. You still have my cell phone number? Would it be too cold to squeeze into the drysuit and give it a go?
Old    ffejtable            03-12-2003, 8:34 PM Reply   
If Nigel can do it I think we can handle it! j/k

I've been having starting problems, probably related to the starter being submerged under water a few times, so I think I am going to spend Saturday checking that out.

Sunday will probably be a better day to cruise down. I'm certainly up for giving it a try, but I don't have heat or hot water. I'll give you a call twhen I get a better idea of my plans, I still have your number.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-13-2003, 5:00 AM Reply   
Matt, you SSV is sweet! Did you get it from Wakeboard & Ski boats of PA in Allentown?
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-13-2003, 12:22 PM Reply   
Matt, did you get the place we were talking bout, if so...This whole thread should join us for a WW party in Matt's backyard!!!

EUSTACE, yea the SSV is real nice, I was out with Matt back in Oct, and the wake is real nice, + the backward seating is the best spot in the house!

KG
Old    proairrules            03-13-2003, 2:21 PM Reply   
Yeah buddy!!! The backyard isn't as big as it looks in the pics but its big enough.

EUSTACE, yes I got it from Chris. He is by far the nicest dealer I have ever met. Easy guy to get along with and makes fantastic deals.