Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (razorjaw)      Join Date: Jan 2003 Location: Australia       11-25-2007, 10:09 PM Reply   
Hello from downunder :-)

Some friends offered us a chance to camp and ride on their property last weekend and we jumped at the chance! Although quite difficult to get the boat in or out, we managed to get plenty of riding in and filmed some of it. Everyone stepped it up a notch, either getting their first grab, spinning 180 further or trying their first invert.

The quality (although high definition) is somewhat poor as I had so much trouble uploading it I had to compress it a fair bit. With that said, its High def, so if you have a connection slower than 512k, let it buffer for a couple of minutes before watching it ;)

Oh, we are riding behind an old fishing boat so...sorry I guess. And sorry for the over use of film burn. Its more of an in joke...

Old     (tuffenuff)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-25-2007, 11:39 PM Reply   
Will, that wake is flatter than my MC ProStar set up for skiing, yet you guyz still pulled off some good stuff. Great vid and y'all looked like you were having some great times. Is that boat an old military PT boat LOL? I was looking for the guns on the bow!
Old     (_jason_)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-25-2007, 11:52 PM Reply   
Looks like you guys had tons of fun. Great riding and thanks for posting!
Old     (matt_c)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-26-2007, 12:27 AM Reply   
Great video!

Thats what wakeboarding is about.

Its not always about how many tricks you can do...its about having fun.

Nice job.
Old     (razorjaw)      Join Date: Jan 2003 Location: Australia       11-26-2007, 1:33 AM Reply   
Cheers guys :-) Scott, Its an old clark condor, about 20 years old but it does the job. You've given me some ideas though... a gun on the bow would keep the tubes away
Old     (pdxviperguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-26-2007, 11:05 AM Reply   
what camera were you using to shoot that. Really nice quality picture
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-26-2007, 11:33 AM Reply   
Awesome vid Will. Thanks for posting. Great song choice by Silverchair. Fits it well.
Old     (razorjaw)      Join Date: Jan 2003 Location: Australia       11-26-2007, 1:36 PM Reply   
Bryan, just a Sony HDR HC3. It was the first of the low end sony high def camera's and it fits in your palm. The new generation ones are better and cheaper!

Thanks Randy! Initially I wasn't really sure on the song but after editing the intro I knew it would work.
Old     (bartush)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-26-2007, 3:53 PM Reply   
that was awesome. makes me want to go out riding so bad.
Old     (04outback)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-26-2007, 4:29 PM Reply   
Razorjaw,
At about 0:58 seconds when the rider does a toeside slide... what did you do in edit to effect that... The shot going in is not as clear or defined and when it goes slow mo it has an awesome look to it.. Was that filmed high speed? In HD? I guess you guys are going into summer, we are going into depression here! COLD!
Nice Vid
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-26-2007, 4:52 PM Reply   
.......very nice video.......looks like you guys had A blast.........thats what its all about.

I agree the music was perfect with the video...again nice job guys!
Old     (razorjaw)      Join Date: Jan 2003 Location: Australia       11-26-2007, 5:28 PM Reply   
B Webb, I'm glad you picked that effect up! I used after effects and applied time remapping and pixel motion. It basically creates virtual frames that weren't there in the first place, hence the look of incredible slowdown.
Old     (pwningjr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-26-2007, 5:50 PM Reply   
Dang you guys are good!! I want to see you behind a slammed v-drive... Downloading the vid now!
Old     (04outback)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-26-2007, 6:02 PM Reply   
I am gonna have to look into after effects.. my limited editing experience has been Windows Movie Maker and Pinnacle Studio 9.
That scene looked like a Justin Stephens hi speed video slo mo.. Great work. Thanks for the info.
BW