Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old    relk            08-14-2006, 8:05 PM Reply   
We are getting a monster tower this weekend from a local dealer and i was wondering about the tower speakers. he does sell them but im not sure for how much yet. On the web they r fairly low priced adn im not looking for any speakers that are over $800. With a fairly good (and cheap) amp will these speakers be any good when im getting towed behind the boat? The ones im looking at are these ( http://www.monstertower.com/accessory2c.html (these ones are low priced and dont look very good but if my dad wont let us buy the more expemnsive ones then well haev to go for these) and these ( http://www.monstertower.com/accessory2b.html). Thanks for any replies.
Old     (kgoings)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-15-2006, 8:23 AM Reply   
I have wondered about that too, I was looking at getting two of the double barrel's.

I just noticed that Monster had dealers, I thought they were only internet based. How are the dealers prices compared to online? Online is free shipping and no tax...
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-15-2006, 10:34 AM Reply   
I had the single barrel polks on my old boat with a cheap 150 watt 2 channel alpine amp and they sounded great inside the boat! None of the low end speakers will sound great behind the boat although you will be able to hear all of them but they will not be clear and loud unless you are spending big bucks.
Old    relk            08-15-2006, 11:37 AM Reply   
well the dealer we are gettiug from isnt as cheap. HE sells them for $1399 (canadian) and charges $300 for installation. Its allright anyway because tehre really are no other towers we can get here.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-15-2006, 11:49 AM Reply   
I have the monster polks, single barrel in the polished bullet look. They look and sound great. You just have to pair them with a nice amp. I believe that we have a 400 watt 4 channel Clarion Amp paired to them, and I can hear them perfect behind the boat. They are of very good build quality, and the finish is superb. Give em a try.