Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 05, 2004

Old    malibuman            03-29-2004, 8:59 PM Reply   

Aaron

Bert throwing a huge spray

Wakeboard Iraq going big!

Thanks for the PB&J sandwich!!!

Troy

Watch out for the rocks!!

Thanks Jeff: Bert and I had a great time!
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-29-2004, 9:30 PM Reply   
Wow, looks like a Hyperlite convention.

Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       03-29-2004, 9:37 PM Reply   
Here is a pic of their crew from our boat. Looks like you all ripped up the backwater before we got our turn! Nice
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-29-2004, 10:07 PM Reply   
Jonathan! How did you guys make out? It seemed like the wind would die a little, the come back up again! Hope you each at least got 1 good set in. Thanks for letting us tie up and hang out with you guys (at least before my "sail" started to pull us down the course). And drink your beer! (You need to stop by Frew's garage brewery so I can repay) We gots ta get a time together so we can trade pulls!
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       03-29-2004, 10:09 PM Reply   
From our session.

Hit it!

Lynsey and birthday "hung over" girl Bethany. LOL

Bethany setting up.

You ask did she pull it? I will leave it to your imagination!

Lynsey setting up.

Nate Dog, welcome to Wakeworld!

Good times on the backwater.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       03-29-2004, 10:19 PM Reply   
Jeff, it wasn't to bad. Your right the wind would come up and then go away for a while. Of course about the time we had to leave, it died for good and got perfect. Sorry we didn't make it to your place after. I had to be somewhere at 5:30 in OC. So I had to bail. But I would love to take you up on both your offers. We are looking at doing it all over again this Sunday. Let me know if your going to be around.
Old    buttacup            03-29-2004, 11:33 PM Reply   
Thanks for taking the pics and letting me play with the camera. Feel free to send some of the others my way.

jeff- looks like you guys had a few good sets before the wind showed up.
Old     (sbboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-30-2004, 8:48 AM Reply   
Jonathan,
Thanks for taking us out. I know Tommy had a blast. Maybe next time I will feel a little better! Nice to meet you guys!

B
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-30-2004, 9:22 AM Reply   
man troy, you're stylin it up out there! grabbin' everything. great pics all. good to see nate out again.

troy you're lucky you avoided elsi that day. was beautiful glass until about 8:30-9a, then the santa anas came up and blew it all to smithereens (whatever those are), in about 5 mins. pretty spectacular. mark, erica and thane were out in mark's boat and pulled out the same time we did. ended up hitting elvira's for lunch (and shafting mark on the bill with my new math lol!).

good times all.
Old    wakeboard_iraq            03-30-2004, 10:02 AM Reply   
Jeff, thanks again for the day. Its always true that a day with bad water is better than being at work or mowing the lawn. Aaron, thanks for posting the pics - my right thigh is all black and blue from the crash from the second pic (that REALLY hurt!). Thanks.
Jonathan, looks like you guys had better water - glad it worked out for you. Nate, great pic - thats a "late tantrum" right? haha.
Old     (sbboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-30-2004, 10:54 AM Reply   
I made the mistake of showing this to the computer guy at work.. this is what I was emailed back...
Old    wakeboard_iraq            03-30-2004, 11:01 AM Reply   
hilarious - thanks for posting it
Old    nate_dogg            03-30-2004, 11:06 AM Reply   
ACTUALLY JIM, THAT'S ME, UMMMM, THROWING A SCARECROW. YEAH, CAN YOU SEE THAT? I'M JUST ABOUT TO LAND MY INVERT AS I'M TRAVELING LEFT TO RIGHT IN THE PICTURE. OR MAYBE IT WAS MY HS FS 360 THAT I'M ABOUT TO LAND. I THREW SO MUCH THAT DAY, I JUST DON'T KNOW! THAT WAS FUN JUST TYPING IT, CAN'T WAIT TILL I CAN ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING!
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       03-30-2004, 2:44 PM Reply   
Bethany, WOW and to think I took the time to Photoshop that out. LOL
Old    wakeboard_iraq            03-30-2004, 3:05 PM Reply   
OOOHHH. You're going to go straight to hell for that one Jonathan. haha
Old    buttacup            03-30-2004, 3:30 PM Reply   
Hahahaha, Jonathan liked having her on the boat, she made the wake nice and big that's what helped Nate land all of those inverts
Old    wakeboard_iraq            03-30-2004, 3:35 PM Reply   
Two people going to hell. haha
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       03-30-2004, 7:00 PM Reply   
LOL yeah Jim your probably right. Ok who is up for this Sunday???
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       03-30-2004, 7:51 PM Reply   
I forgot this pic, Jim Bottrell needed a ride home. So he called in the boys for a lift!!!
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-30-2004, 8:44 PM Reply   
Wish I could be there on Sunday, but gonna hafta miss it on account of Cindy and I goin' away for our anniversary . Here's to smooth water and sunny day for you guys!
Old    buttacup            03-30-2004, 9:25 PM Reply   
This portable fat sack is ready for another session!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-30-2004, 9:38 PM Reply   
Francisca and I are too!

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/106266.html?1080705345
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-31-2004, 7:31 AM Reply   
looks like it was a nice day. nice pics.
Old    cws_kahuna            03-31-2004, 7:52 AM Reply   
Looks like you guys had a great time.

Jeff have a great time Sunday.

Aaron did you get the Malibu registered for the lake yet?
Old    nate_dogg            03-31-2004, 8:10 AM Reply   
If you guy's are going out again, I'm gonna do everything I can to join you! That means I gotta start tonight! I'm going on my best behavior in order to get the necessary "hall pass". Shouldn't be a problem though. Might I suggest something? Why not a session on the main lake? I could include my Finace and our two little girls by taking them to the Sunset Beach. It would be easy for me to join you from there. The main lake hasn't been crowded either; at least not yet. If it doens't happen, no biggie; we've got the whole summer in front of us!!!! By the way, the picture of me was me practicing popping off the wake while setting up for a tantrum. I think it may be time to try and throw it....
Old    wakeboard_iraq            03-31-2004, 8:11 AM Reply   
I'm in Johnathan. What time?
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       03-31-2004, 8:26 AM Reply   
Man looks like a great day, and Lindsey and Bethany there too wow!...I miss the backwater I got a pretty funny message on my phone from my buddy that lives in Canyon Lake went something like this...What's brown in 70 degree water with a smile on his face....Me keep it up guys see you there soon.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-31-2004, 2:52 PM Reply   
nate, that pic looks like you're trying a hs bs 180. you're almost there! :-)
Old    nate_dogg            03-31-2004, 3:03 PM Reply   
You're absoluty right! You know, it never occurred to me to even try that. If I can get into that position by mistake, hell, I should just try to throw it, right?
Old    buttacup            03-31-2004, 3:21 PM Reply   
Awwww Randy, well at least you can stil be flag bi**h or better yet, official photographer

Nate- Hope you get a hall pass for Sunday, I'm all for getting out earlier than 11am too. I'm waiting to hear from J to see for official word.
Old    malibuman            03-31-2004, 3:38 PM Reply   
Hey Richard,

How's it going?
I'm still waiting for my tags. Hopefully by the end this week! I Can't Wait!

Take it easy - Aaron
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       03-31-2004, 4:21 PM Reply   
Nate Dog, let' backwater again. I will sign your pass for you, besides I want to see your face when I pull that first invert!! LOLOL

Yeah earlier the better, even if we hit the water at 10AM it would be better. You figure we didn't start our first set until probably 12PM last Sunday. I will have to bail about the same time this Sunday, damm bowling. But I did bowl a 210 last Sunday, so the extra beers must have helped LOL Screw bowling, time to board!!!
Old    wakeboard_iraq            04-01-2004, 10:15 AM Reply   
"Yeah earlier the better, even if we hit the water at 10AM it would be better"

Civilians! 10 AM is early.

Just kidding. haha
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       04-01-2004, 11:03 AM Reply   
Well Jim, actually I get up at 06:00 hours to get my PT in, I usually run barefoot, up hill in the snow for 10 miles. Then I swin in the back bay at Newport with no wetsuit for a good 2 miles. Then stop by the store for some raw eggs to gulp down. By the time I drive out to meet ya, it usually is 8 or so. But when I get there early like that I make a few laps around Canyon Lake just to loosin up!!!!
Old    wakeboard_iraq            04-01-2004, 11:11 AM Reply   
I can see how you have the energy to maintain a light to moderate PT routine like that considering you are getting all of that sleep by sleeping in until 6 a.m.
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       04-01-2004, 12:36 PM Reply   
unfotunately i won't be able to take pictures from my new favorite spot on top of the tower here is a pic from last year in the Backwater

on top of the world
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       04-01-2004, 12:48 PM Reply   
I remember those pics, they were really cool. I want to try that sometime too. Great vantage point!
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       04-01-2004, 12:51 PM Reply   
Yeah Jim I see your point, to bad it does not apply to me. When I leave on my midnight run "usually 20 miles" I sometimes don't get back until 3 AM, especially if I stop off for some obstacle course action. That leaves me with I admit, a wimpy 3 hours of sleep!!!
Old    wakeboard_iraq            04-01-2004, 1:25 PM Reply   
Johnathan, again, I can see why you have all that energy taking such a leisurly pace to run your 20 miles - hell my wife runs faster than that on a bad day. I assume you walk a lot which of course is very relaxing in itself.

3 hours sleep is not very much until you factor in the 4 to 6 hours you sleep under your desk at work each day. Given that, you're just fine. A very cushy and comfortable existance.

Old    wakeboard_iraq            04-01-2004, 2:35 PM Reply   
Jonathan,

I've noticed that its been at least an hour since my last email posted without a reply from you. Hmmm.....

Most email programs have some sort of bell or something that alerts you when a new email comes in. Yet you have not responded..... Hmmmm....

Do you have the volume turned down on your speakers so you are not awakened under your desk when a new email arrives???? hahahaha

Naptime is it Jonathan? haha

You know, the funny part is that there are people reading this that might think we are serious. haha

(Message edited by wakeboard_iraq on April 01, 2004)
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       04-01-2004, 6:09 PM Reply   
ooooops sorry Jim, I was out lifting weights!!! I like to do that before I run up and down the stairs at my office all 20 flights of them 10 times!!! Wow get's the blood running!!! Now it's time for some beer curls!!!

Boy talk about a thread highjack LOL
Old    wakeboard_iraq            04-02-2004, 9:09 AM Reply   
Ok bud,

We'll work on the beer curls this Sunday. I'll bring some as well as my WORLD FAMOUS PB&J SANDWICHES haha.

So what early time are we looking at and where? I need your phone number too. Mine is 760-390-2835 if you didnt have it.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       04-02-2004, 11:38 AM Reply   
I will shoot you my phone number in an e-mail. 10 am at Nathan's house. Do you know how to get there?
Old    wakeboard_iraq            04-05-2004, 12:04 PM Reply   
Jonathan,

Just wanted to say thanks for a fantastic day yesterday. I appreciate your generosity for having us out.

Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       04-05-2004, 1:07 PM Reply   
Sure thing! I will post the pics tonight.
Old    tomcjr25            04-05-2004, 7:32 PM Reply   
John,

Thanks a ton for the ride yesterday. I'm looking forward to getting back out on the water and checkin all the rope trees in the Socal area.

Thanks again.
Old    buttacup            04-05-2004, 7:53 PM Reply   
Yeah ditto what Jim and Tom say. Had a great day yesterday and thanks so much for the patience. I'm looking forward to viewing the pics, even the ones Tommy took
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       04-05-2004, 8:47 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/107316.html?1081223172

The newest!