Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 14, 2007

Old     (cpetersen)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-13-2007, 10:32 PM Reply   
this might sound dumb, but where can you take your binding liners to have heated to your feet? or is there a way you can do it yourself?
Old     (ferral)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-13-2007, 11:49 PM Reply   
When I bought my bindings, the salesman told me how to do it...

He said soak them in hot water in the bathtub or a hot tub for about 5 minutes. Then put them on and wear them till they cool down. Do this 4-5 times and they should fit your foot nicely.
Old     (protag)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-14-2007, 2:51 AM Reply   
Had the same problem and wrote an e-mail to Ronix. They told me you to heat up the oven to 100 degree celsius (app. 230 degrees Fahrenheit), put the boots (as a whole) in the oven for 5 min, put them on (with socks) and wait until they cool out.

Honestly, I don't think that no matter how hot a bathtub heats the liners, it would be sufficient for the material to really mold to your feet. Even if, it is much easier doing this process once than repeating it for 5 times.

Also, you could always go to a Snowboard-Shop, if you don't have a Wakeboard Store close-by. They would definitely have a "heater".

If you are talking about Slingshot bindings, as far as I know you can put them in the oven, too. In this case however you don't put in the whole boot, but just the liner.
Old     (deltaridah)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-14-2007, 8:28 AM Reply   
don use a oven thats nutz. Get a huge pot with semi boiling water lower one in at a time for about 30 secs take it out and put them on tight it will mold right up. Be carefull to let the boot cool for half a sec b4 you puy it on. I did this with my shanes and got this from our pro shop
Old     (brazmonkey)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-14-2007, 9:54 AM Reply   
If you have Ronix bindings, DO NOT put in oven or boiling water. That is ludicrous. Unless you want to ruin them. I was told to take mine to a certified Ronix dealer. They will have a cooker you can use to heat form them to your feet.
Also, I read on one of the tags that came with my boots what not to do and it says not to use a oven or hair dryer or nuclear reactor to heat them.
Old     (cpetersen)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-14-2007, 11:39 AM Reply   
the closet ronix dealer to me is 3 hours away. so now what do i do?
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-14-2007, 11:57 AM Reply   
put them in warm water, Its not going to make a large difference in your riding if they are not "perfectly form fitted". I rode my first pair form fitted, the second w/o ever form fitting them. No biggie.
Old     (deltaridah)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-14-2007, 9:54 PM Reply   
the certified ronix dealer just puts them in a huge rice cooker thats the "Cooker" they just put it in like i said damn near boiling water
Old     (protag)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-17-2007, 5:03 AM Reply   
Okay, I got this information directly from Ronix. I would assume they know what they are talking about.

BTW, I put my cells in the oven at 100 degrees Celsius for 5 min, and no, it did not ruin them, but just molded them to my feet.

Maybe I should say that it was from Ronix Germany where they are not as concerned for any potential lawsuits in the same way as in the US where they have to tag a disclaimer onto the boots.

Putting boots in semi-boiling water is exactly the same thing as putting them in the oven at 100 C/230 F degrees. The only difference is the bindings stay dry and you are not burning your feet, something that inevitably happens, if you put them in semi-boiled water. Ever tried to jump in a 200 F degree hot bathtub? No, don't do that.

@Ryan H and aka: If you don't know what you are talking about, you should not use such extreme language.
Old     (protag)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-17-2007, 5:05 AM Reply   
@aka: The cooker is not a huge rice cooker, but merely a huge "hair dryer", the binding is heated in a dry way and not in water.
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-17-2007, 10:05 AM Reply   
I have put three sets on Ronix bindings in the oven with no problems at all. 250 degrees fahrenheit for 6 minutes. You can put your foot right in the boot as soon as they come out of the oven, just be careful of the hot metal on the strings when you tighten them up. Stand in them for 10-15 minutes and your boots will be perfectly formed to your feet.
Old     (itstheviking)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-17-2007, 12:20 PM Reply   
Is Ronix the only company that supports heating the bindings for a custom fit or are other companies using a similar material to try and get those results?
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-17-2007, 1:23 PM Reply   
ronix and slingshot i believe
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-17-2007, 3:11 PM Reply   
slingshot gives you directions on how to do it and the rep told me to put em in the oven
Old     (wkbrdr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       09-23-2007, 1:24 PM Reply   
find a place that sells mission hockey skates...they will have an oven for them...its the same concept new hockey skates have...