Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old    nooner            02-13-2006, 3:53 PM Reply   
Some Idiot left the power switch on last time I took my boat out. Its a 2000 Super Air. Well I Went to start it today and no juice. I need to get the hatch open. Any Ideas? It has the hydrolic hatch on the back. I pulled the back seat out but no go. It doesn't look like I can get to the compartment where the battery is.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       02-13-2006, 5:48 PM Reply   
hydraulic?
if its really hydraulic (which i doubt) then i have no idea.

but if its an actuator you should be able to run jumper wires to the switch.
Old     (boomerang)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-13-2006, 5:53 PM Reply   
Or use a cigarette plug adapter
Old    nooner            02-13-2006, 6:55 PM Reply   
I was wondering if I could plug into the cigarette plug with a battery and it work.. I will try that tomorrow. I have to put my code into the keypad too so hopefully that will give me enough juice so I can put my pass code in so I can open the hatch..

I guess its hydrolic. It has power wires going to the very large piston, I guess its an electric piston. But it takes power to open and close the hatch
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-13-2006, 7:26 PM Reply   
YES, you should be able to supply power via a male cigarette conn. directly to the cig. socket for enough power to work the rear hatch. however it will not carry enogh load to start the eng. but should be sufficient enough to run the electrical... good luck!
Old     (dtrain125)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-13-2006, 8:59 PM Reply   
I have a 2000 Super Air with just the back bench. (no wrap around) If you remove the seat back and slide the two carpeted panels apart at the center, you can get to the battery box on the starboard side of the the boat.
Old     (jayc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-14-2006, 3:21 AM Reply   
I've just moved my batteries from under the hatch to under the rear seat for this exact reason. Its never happen to me but its bound to one day and its sure to be a day with super glassy water!
Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-14-2006, 8:33 AM Reply   
some idiot left the power switch on in your boat the last time you took it out....the nerve of some people.
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-14-2006, 9:30 AM Reply   
My guess is that as soon as you connect the charger to the cig lighter outlet the battery will draw so much current from the charger it will blow the fuse. Try connecting a small (less then 10 amps) charger and bring the battery up slow.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       02-14-2006, 9:58 AM Reply   
I don't think he's charging. just using a 12V batt to power the acc. most chargers trickle 2 amps at 12V

you should keep the idiots out of your boat!
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-14-2006, 10:11 AM Reply   
Ok nacho he's not charging...but wait... he cant even get to his battery so that would mean he cant disconnect it... so that would mean anything connected to the outlet would be trying to charge the BATTERY
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       02-14-2006, 12:10 PM Reply   
IO Bob, how ya been? i guess if you left it there for a few hours that would be the case. But shouldn't Luis be able to open his hatch?

Luis FYI your not-so-idiot-proof "power" switch may need to be on for this to work.
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-14-2006, 12:57 PM Reply   
you can access that area through the back seat. You have to take off the back cushion and remove the partition between the engine and the cabin. I've had to do it a few times.
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-15-2006, 9:34 AM Reply   
All it takes is a few seconds for a completely flat red top to overload most any charger, I know since I had the same situation with an interior light that was left on for a week and drained the battery flat. If he can get to it without charging all the more better. These (optima) batteries are great but when it come to charging they are current hogs.