Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 17, 2007

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-03-2007, 1:43 PM Reply   
So before the capacity of the Nauti plant was 1400 boats and they sold evey one. That stands to reason they can charge a premium price because demand exceeded supply. Now they have tripled the production to 4,500 boats do you think the price will come down as they will probably be able to supply more boats than there is demand for? Or do you think they will be able to sell 4,500 boats at current prices?

It will be interesting to see what happens to the wakeboard boat market over the next 2 years. If we are having punts I would guess that in 08 the sales will be:
1. Malibu
2. Skiers choice
3. Nautique
4. MC
5. Tige
6. Centurian
7. Sanger
8. MB

Have a guess and we can check back in a year.
Old    bigdtx            06-03-2007, 2:31 PM Reply   
Boat sales are down across the board. Cheap money is gone & gas prices are glutting the market with used boats from people not willing or able to drop hundreds a weekend on gas for a boat. I haven't heard anything positive out of a dealer in a while regarding sales.
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-03-2007, 2:33 PM Reply   
Inboard sales in central Arkansas have been great. We've had another record year here with Skiers Choice boats.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-03-2007, 2:58 PM Reply   
I don’t think CC will sell 4500 boats. Since neither MC or Bu currently sell that many boats I doubt the 3 or 4th place company will zoom past the rest just because they have more production capacity.
Old     (skier12)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-03-2007, 5:41 PM Reply   
Just because CC is in a new facility that can make 4,500 boats I don't think they would immediately make that many. There are many other factors affecting sales besides the capacity of the factory.
Old    bigdtx            06-03-2007, 5:49 PM Reply   
Correction - I've heard something positive very recently regarding sales.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-03-2007, 7:08 PM Reply   
Yea, I agree with Kyle. I doubt they will start producing 4500 boats. They probably built the factory so they would have room to grow if the demand increased.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       06-04-2007, 5:55 AM Reply   
New and used boat sales are very good for the skier's choice dealer in houston.
Old     (faceplanter69)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-04-2007, 8:38 AM Reply   
Darren you can also look at number of boat sales but a better indicator is total sales value.

Bayliner sells more units then say Cobalt. Dollar value is a different story though.

According to a close friend.

Malibu sells more boats, however mastercraft is in a solid lead when it comes to total sales dollars.

for total units sold
Malibu
MC
Skiiers choice
Tige
CC
Centurian
Sanger
MB

For total sales revenue flip the Malibu and MC with MC being number one.
Old     (fuller313)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-04-2007, 5:50 PM Reply   
Is that why it cost an extra 20k to get a mc? They need to be on top on the total sales revenue.
Old     (faceplanter69)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-05-2007, 5:50 AM Reply   
an extra 20k?? Not sure what you're talking about.

Mc sells far more high end boats than any one else in their class.

A friend that knows what he's talking about told me the other day that MC sells 2-1 more x-45's than Malibu sells of the 25 footers.

Has nothing to do with charging 20 grand more for the same boat and everything to do with selling more high end boats.

What Darren fails to realize is MC is targeting the salt water market as the next biggest growth potential in the water sports market. Tige is rumored to be working on a salt water series for 08. Malibu is targeting 09 possibly 08 for a salt water boat.
Old     (boss210)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-05-2007, 11:08 AM Reply   
I havent even seen a skiers choice boat here in ca for quite a few years
Old     (mcsammamish)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-05-2007, 2:15 PM Reply   
Malibu does make a salt water package. Engine has a fully closed cooling system where the manifolds DO NOT have raw water running through them. The engines do not have a rev limiter or any RPM restriction which is common with these fully closed cooling systems. On top of this they offer a Salt Water Underwater Gear Package and a spot on the transom where they mount a spot to flush or run the engine out of the water and have the dripless shaft packing. We've sold about 6 so far this year and love it as an option for our customers. Malibu has just been a little slow to release much marketing about it. It was a late season add on last year.

Not to hi-jack but thought everyone should know since we're on the subject of sale water series.

Over the next couple of years

#1 Malibu growing it's % of the market in the #1 spot
#2 MasterCraft loosing it's % of the market
#3 Nautique closing the 5% to 7% gap between it and MC.
#4 Skiers Choice only because they have to brands and Moomba will be gaining the majority % of this growth
#5 Ski Centurion
#6 Tige
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-06-2007, 9:29 AM Reply   
i know sales in cali wont be as good as it was in 06. cali as a whole is currently down about 35% which is huge. some dealers have been going out of business because they were sooooo loaded up on inventory. my parents shop have been throught years like this in the 69 years our dealership has been open so we didn't order too many boats for stock this summer just what would get us by.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-06-2007, 10:32 AM Reply   
"I havent even seen a skiers choice boat here in ca for quite a few years "

Are you serious? No Supras, Moombas, or Mobius?
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-06-2007, 11:22 AM Reply   
With all the speculation being discussed above... what does this mean for newer companies like Chopper, Epic, WakeCraft etc?