Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2003

Old     (jjared)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-18-2003, 7:46 PM Reply   
This is the first of 4 from the Midwest Militia Boot Camp 2003 on the Illinois River in Ottawa, IL. This video features Kirt hitting the huge A$$ kicker (45 degree and about 12 feet) as well as Matt on the wakeskate giving it a shot. CHECK IT OUT!
http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=8587
Old     (jjared)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-21-2003, 7:37 PM Reply   
so what do you think of the video?
Old    ntron            08-21-2003, 8:13 PM Reply   
Good Job. Hey it is Brian and Scott. We used to have the malibu echelon. Now we have a SAN. We will have to have ya out some time.
check ya later
newbs
Old     (jjared)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-21-2003, 9:18 PM Reply   
Let me know when. Where are you guys riding?
Old     (scooby76)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-22-2003, 12:35 PM Reply   
John - We will be out on the river tomorrow if you are interested. If not we will be riding on the river through September and October on the weekends. Just email us and let us know when you want to ride.

Scooby
Old     (jjared)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-22-2003, 1:34 PM Reply   
I had a pretty bad wipeout on Wednesday that has screwed my back up pretty good. I hope to be able to ride on Sunday. I'll be using a lot of stretching, heat, and ice to try and get it back in shape. It's the last crash in this video http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=8624

I need to get out with some people that can help me get this damn backroll.
Old     (scooby76)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-22-2003, 3:10 PM Reply   
Ouch! Try to focus on two things though. The first and foremost is edging all the way through the wake. On some of your attempts you can see your edge stop before you hit the wake. This take away from the load on the line and the pop off the top of the wake needed for the trick. Also make sure to keep the handle in the middle of your body, as you let the handle out including pulling it higher on the body it slows down your rotation. Use the handle as a center of your rotation point. Hope you feel better. Again let me know if you ever want to ride. We may try and make it down to the Illinois at the end of September.

Later - Scooby