Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (hypo303)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-04-2010, 6:34 PM Reply   
I love wakesurfing,but i only have a older Malibu skier,i want to get the best wake possiable.
right know im using a fatseat sideways on side we surf on..surf pocket is very small
any help would be appreciated
hypo
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-02-2010, 3:14 PM Reply   
As I was so rudely told the other day, the SunSetter is the better wake boat, the Skier is lower freeboard boat. However, over at Supraboats.com/bbs forum we have people surfing older Comps no problem so it can be done.

What I usually recommend is to start with 5-700 lbs on the floor in the rear corner along the engine. If possible you do want some weight on the opposite side to help with overall wave size, it can be people or a small 2-300lb sac. This is pretty light weighting for surfing but it should get you going. Anything over knee high should be surfable but thigh-high is better. If you are getting 'pushed' into the platform that is a sign your wave could use some more length in the pocket. To do that add 1-300lbs in the bow.

Good luck and PM if neede.d
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-02-2010, 8:07 PM Reply   
When I started surfing we had a 2000 Malibu Sportster LX which has very low freeboard. I could surf without the rope all day on a Hyperlite Landlock 5'6" board. We had a wedge on our boat and it helped a lot, along with the ballast bags on the seats and floor beside the engine. Do you have a wedge or could you add one to your Malibu Skier? Maybe a Fat Brick on the swim platform would help.
Old     (hypo303)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-09-2010, 7:00 AM Reply   

[IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
some pics of the setup and my wife trying a 360

Last edited by hypo303; 08-09-2010 at 7:05 AM.
Old     (hypo303)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-09-2010, 7:10 AM Reply   
sry link wont work for pics i will fix
Old     (hypo303)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-09-2010, 7:11 AM Reply   
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...1&l=4f1f3d061b