Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (ajb)      Join Date: May 2010       05-23-2010, 2:47 AM Reply   
First, thanks to WakeWorld for having so much information about gear. I have been lurking for a bit. So, I'm a rookie so don't rip my a**, but i"ll looking for some opinions on my first setup.

Here is my situation:

I live in NH and got my boat a slip on Winnipesaukee...a big, relatively rough lake. Boat is a 25' Tritoon with a 270hp i/o. It goes about 40 mph but wake is pretty flat.

I'm 34 years old and been wakeboarding about 5 times in my life (always on the ocean). I'm an ex-Division I athlete in very good shape (5'9" 175 lbs). I ski/snowboard and waterski well. I race dirtbikes. I would rather get a board to "grow into" then one that will keep me back from improving, but I don't want to get a board which will stunt my learning because it's too advanced. Is that possible? All that said, I'm never going to get that good wakeboarding as I'm too damn old and I want this to be fun. I should be on the water 2x/week all summer.

The options I have now for cheap setups are the following, and I would love some input from you experienced guys about what is the best:

1) 2003 Blindside Assassain Pro 139 with 2 sets of bindings, one set of 2003 LF exo suctions and one set of junk. Comes with board bag.
2) 2008 Ronix One 142 with Ronix Oxford Bindings
3) 2005 142.3 Murray with Orbit Bindings (same as spin bindings, I think)
4) 2008 Liquid Force Trip 138

All of these are basically the same price (~$200-$250). Any and all thoughts would be appreciated. Just respond with a vote or with some more advice/experience if you have it!

Thanks.