Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 04, 2009

Old     (trevorg7)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-24-2009, 7:42 AM Reply   
Flew in last night and had to get the FAE installed as I am leaving this morning on a 10 day vacation at the lake. Thanks to the FAE folks for ensuring it would arrive in time.

Install was pretty straight forward. The hardest part was drilling the holes in the stainless support bar. Being a bull in a china shop, I did not realize that slower is better when drilling stainless. I had one other minor issue, unrelated to the the FAE but with the install, but once over come it came out nice.

Boat will be in the water at 4pm today, cannot wait to test run.

T
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-24-2009, 12:21 PM Reply   
You're gonna love how quiet your is going to be.FAE Rocks!!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-24-2009, 2:18 PM Reply   
Did you get a New Boat??? What happend to the Nautique? Have fun at the Lake
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-24-2009, 3:24 PM Reply   
TREV, NICE INSTALL!! Its got me thinkin....
Old     (mikebu)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-24-2009, 4:21 PM Reply   
Hey does anyone have trouble with the black paint flacking off the FAE? The left side of mine is now stripped of paint. I think a board may have hit it or something and flaked the paint and the water did the rest.
Old     (chargedfe)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-24-2009, 10:14 PM Reply   
Trevor, just wanted to ask if you used the same screws that came out of the boat for the fae flanges or did they supply different ones.
Old     (trevorg7)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-25-2009, 6:50 AM Reply   
Jay - Just driving from the ramp to the house last night I was blown away at the difference. Much quieter. Headed out on the lake this AM to surf, will report more soon.

G - Yeah I did get a new boat. Sue wanted a bigger boat (who was I to argue). We are here at the lake now for 10days. If your up, we should connect. Let me know, I think I still have your cell.

Matt - thanks!

Bobby - I used the same screws that came out of the flappers for the flanges. Worked fine.

T
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-25-2009, 10:48 AM Reply   
Mikebu,
Yah, my black powdercoat is coming off also. I'm just hoping the metal doesn't get corroded. I'm keeping an eye on it.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-25-2009, 11:43 AM Reply   
Next weekend we will be up there. Call me
Old     (johndk)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-26-2009, 9:03 PM Reply   
I just noticed the other day that the black coating is coming off mine, at least on the visible inside of the pipe that goes underwater.
Old     (watsoc)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-27-2009, 9:53 AM Reply   
The black coating on the inside of my FAE is coming off as well.
Old     (chargedfe)      Join Date: Mar 2009       08-01-2009, 5:05 PM Reply   
Trevor,

Whats the latest word on how the FAE worked on your avalanche.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-01-2009, 5:33 PM Reply   
Looks good trevor!

how are you liking that red woody?
Old     (family_deckhand)      Join Date: May 2008       08-01-2009, 6:12 PM Reply   
The black coating is coming off of mine as well. I have had it installed for a season and a half.

I too very much like the noise reduction. However I feel like my out of the hole speed is less then before I installed it. I have a 2008 X15. I saw here or on another board someone had taken the Malibu down turn exhaust tips and installed them on their mastercraft. Has anyone had any experience with down tip set up in terms of noise reduction and power?

I have no hard "evidence" of the power reduction just a gut feeling.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-01-2009, 8:34 PM Reply   
did they supply you with that cross bar that is attached to the FAE and the teak deck? Also is that bars only fuction is to add additional support and if it needs to break away it won't just drop to the bottom of the lake?

I think I just found the first project after we move back to CA later this month.
Old     (trevorg7)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-01-2009, 10:57 PM Reply   
Bobby - FAE is great, works wonderfully on the Avy. I am very impressed with the noise reduction but even more so with the exhaust smell reduction.

We'll worth it.

Mitch - The red woody is a great board. Super fast which is perfect for me, being a big guy. I've got a ton a pics from the last 10days here at Tulloch and will post them soon.

I did ride a shred stixx tonight (5'6") and it was very cool. Twitchy compared to the woody and I couldn't break it loose to board slide as easily either but fast.

T