Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (stuntmonkey)      Join Date: Feb 2009       01-16-2014, 7:26 AM Reply   
Threads like this are what is wrong with ww these days. Who cares? Be your own man and make your own life.
Old     (thedude)      Join Date: Jul 2010       01-16-2014, 7:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac420sj View Post
So where did the rich people come from?
According to CNBC most of them (per capita) come from the areas around Washington DC. Maryland is #1. Va is on the list too. I wonder if that has anything to do with the govt puking cash and everyone in the area has a bucket to collect it.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       01-16-2014, 8:17 AM Reply   
Lmao! No **** right!
Old     (axxxiswake)      Join Date: Jun 2013       01-16-2014, 8:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
We call this phenomenon cash flow.
I will always borrow at 0%..that's a no brainer.

But like was stated, 2.5% is cheap money, so, if you can have 50k of capital free, and invested elsewhere which is making you MORE than the 2.5%, you are ahead of the game.
bingo
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       01-16-2014, 8:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude View Post
According to CNBC most of them (per capita) come from the areas around Washington DC. Maryland is #1. Va is on the list too. I wonder if that has anything to do with the govt puking cash and everyone in the area has a bucket to collect it.
Yep. I live in Northern VA. Cash is abundant here, and they are not shy in throwing it around. While the rest of the country is in a recession everything around DC is thriving. Between the government which seem to have an endless amount of cash and the government contractors that bleed money off of the government, business around here is unaffected to whats going on in the country.
Old     (ETrogdon)      Join Date: Mar 2013       01-16-2014, 9:12 AM Reply   
Send them to my boat ad, Thanks
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       01-16-2014, 3:58 PM Reply   
Eddie, you could probably pawn it
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-16-2014, 6:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuntmonkey View Post
Threads like this are what is wrong with ww these days. Who cares? Be your own man and make your own life.
Comments like this are more useless. What does it offer? I think it's funny when people act so superior with statements like this. "Be your own man and make your own life"?

It's a forum about boats and the forum users are talking about how people can afford $100k+ boats. Not everyone can and it's an interesting topic. It's also the dead of winter, without much else to do related to boats and wakeboarding.

Other types of high horse comments:

Just get out and ride and stop worrying about what other people are doing.

Who cares what other people have, just be happy with what you have.

Etc..... The list could go on.
Old     (Gotmods)      Join Date: Nov 2012       01-16-2014, 9:36 PM Reply   

Rich people buy million plus dollar yachts they can land their helicopters on and have built in cranes to launch their 100k wakeboats they call dingy's. They could pay cash too.

Last edited by Gotmods; 01-16-2014 at 9:39 PM.
Old    Paxdad            01-16-2014, 11:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
I call BS on that story. Something smells really bad about that. We all know a dealer would have bought the G23 back for more than that. Even if he had to float it for month or two. Also most of the business men i know use 1 accountant for all of their locations. No business person in their right mind would only make a dollar on a deal. Their time is more valuable than that.
You certainly have the right to call BS on that but when you build an enterprise like I have with cash flow exceeding $85MM (million) a year it does get rather complex. The finance team I have consists of 7CPAs and 2 tax attorneys. If most business men you refer to walk away from a dollar earned then I would say that they are not self made entrepreneurs like myself. I earned my wealth one dollar at a time and often times in multiples of $1000. The nature of the pawn business is to provide my customer with either cash or a secured loan for exchange of their property that may or may not be sold at a later time should they not meet the terms of the agreement. Its a very simple concept much like Wimpy said from Popeye the cartoon. "I will gladly pay you on Tuesday for a hamburger today".
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-17-2014, 3:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxdad View Post
You certainly have the right to call BS on that but when you build an enterprise like I have with cash flow exceeding $85MM (million) a year it does get rather complex. The finance team I have consists of 7CPAs and 2 tax attorneys. If most business men you refer to walk away from a dollar earned then I would say that they are not self made entrepreneurs like myself. I earned my wealth one dollar at a time and often times in multiples of $1000. The nature of the pawn business is to provide my customer with either cash or a secured loan for exchange of their property that may or may not be sold at a later time should they not meet the terms of the agreement. Its a very simple concept much like Wimpy said from Popeye the cartoon. "I will gladly pay you on Tuesday for a hamburger today".
You forgot the rest of your BS statement where you got carried away with your bad self." I sold it two days later to an acquaintance of mine." You certainly didn't give him till Tuesday. Also if you had a cash flow anywhere near 85 million a year you wouldn't even know what Wake World is much less spend time posting on here.Now you go even deeper into the BS by calling a CPA and an Tax Attorney part of your finance team. They would be part of your Tax Team,Legal Team or possible your legal team. A Finance team would consist of Loan officer or President of a bank and a Bookkeeper or a Comptroller.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       01-17-2014, 5:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
You forgot the rest of your BS statement where you got carried away with your bad self." I sold it two days later to an acquaintance of mine." You certainly didn't give him till Tuesday. Also if you had a cash flow anywhere near 85 million a year you wouldn't even know what Wake World is much less spend time posting on here.Now you go even deeper into the BS by calling a CPA and an Tax Attorney part of your finance team. They would be part of your Tax Team,Legal Team or possible your legal team. A Finance team would consist of Loan officer or President of a bank and a Bookkeeper or a Comptroller.

I wonder which of you two is richer?
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       01-17-2014, 5:21 AM Reply   
On that g23 pawn story something isn't right for two reasons. I've worked at a pawn shop back when I was in high school for several years. First reason I know something doesn't add up is pawned merchandise must be held 90 days by law. Second is if u bought it outright a 5 day hold is placed on items. They do this to protect against stolen merchandise and give police depts time to catch an item if it comes thru if stolen. Also on vehicles that require titles u must have a new title issued to u or ur business in order to sale. Several things not adding up on that scenario.
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       01-17-2014, 5:23 AM Reply   
Pawn shops must report all purchases and loans on a daily basis to police dept. info is then put in a national database. Some items still slip though if serial numbers and descriptions not entered properly. Some shady pawnshops will enter a digit wrong on purpose so that the red flag doesn't raise in the database if something was stolen
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       01-17-2014, 5:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEnNC View Post
On that g23 pawn story something isn't right for two reasons. I've worked at a pawn shop back when I was in high school for several years. First reason I know something doesn't add up is pawned merchandise must be held 90 days by law. Second is if u bought it outright a 5 day hold is placed on items. They do this to protect against stolen merchandise and give police depts time to catch an item if it comes thru if stolen. Also on vehicles that require titles u must have a new title issued to u or ur business in order to sale. Several things not adding up on that scenario.

What says you Paxdud? Is it true? Are you lying on the internet?
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       01-17-2014, 6:07 AM Reply   
You should hire me to run your Pawn Shops. I watch Pawn Stars and Hardcore Pawn all the time so i know what I'm doing. I could take your stores to the next level. Like Chumlee did for Pawn Stars!!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-17-2014, 7:02 AM Reply   
The internet - be anyone you want to be!
Old     (pprior)      Join Date: Jan 2012       01-17-2014, 7:11 AM Reply   
Man this thread is getting 2014 off to a great start! POTENTIAL!

Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       01-17-2014, 7:39 AM Reply   
He said he purchased the boat. The guy did not pawn it. Whether the poster is rich or not, self made or not, is of no consequence for me. I don't begrudge him his success. Who cares. Well just not today, anyway.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       01-17-2014, 7:50 AM Reply   
If he indeed owns 27 Pawn Shops it shouldn't be tough at all to verify if he is on the up and up. With a yearly cash flow of 85M someone is bound to know who he is. That kind of money is pretty easy to track.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       01-17-2014, 8:49 AM Reply   
Chumlee is a fat idiot who thinks he's hot **** now. Hate that guy would like to slap him in his fat face!
Old    Paxdad            01-17-2014, 5:29 PM Reply   
CWB4ME,
I am just a troll who lives under a very nice bridge/ concrete structure. I do enjoy the diversity of the replies though. However it does appear that some folks like yourself put their pants on different. I still put mine on one leg at a time no matter how much money I have stuffed in the pockets.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-17-2014, 6:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
CWB4ME,
I am just a troll who lives under a very nice bridge/ concrete structure. I do enjoy the diversity of the replies though. However it does appear that some folks like yourself put their pants on different. I still put mine on one leg at a time no matter how much money I have stuffed in the pockets.
I'm just a regular guy who worked hard for every dime i got. Worked 12-14 hour days all my life. Have millions of different experiences to draw from. I deal with all types of people every day. My job is to get past the smoke and mirrors and sniff out the BS so i can get to the truth. Sorry if you got busted.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       01-17-2014, 7:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
I'm just a regular guy who worked hard for every dime i got. Worked 12-14 hour days all my life. Have millions of different experiences to draw from. I deal with all types of people every day. My job is to get past the smoke and mirrors and sniff out the BS so i can get to the truth. Sorry if you got busted.

What does this have to do with Tige sucking?

Last edited by JetRanger; 01-17-2014 at 7:34 PM.
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       01-17-2014, 8:58 PM Reply   
Lmao
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-18-2014, 3:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetRanger View Post
What does this have to do with Tige being the best boat out there. I'd trade my Mastercraft in a minute if i wasn't so underwater in it. Guys i'm really jealous of Tigé.
We understand Jet.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       01-18-2014, 7:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
We understand Jet.

You're a walking, talking snore factory Robert...boring as hell...

I'm curious about all the ASR build issues guys are talking about on Tige Owners. As most of us don't frequent that forum please tell us why these ASR's are being shipped to dealers falling apart? Some pretty pissed off owner over there who paid G23 dollars for those ASR's but only got Tige quality.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       01-18-2014, 8:18 AM Reply   
I hear the g series are really good on gas.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       01-18-2014, 8:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
I hear the g series are really good on gas.

Pay to play they say. They also say there is no replacement for displacement. So if you ask me (and most do) GStars and LSV parties are a hoot!

Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       01-18-2014, 8:51 AM Reply   
You know what they say........it ain't gonna suck itself!
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       01-18-2014, 9:22 AM Reply   
Where are they talking about build issues on the ASR? I can't find anything on that...
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-18-2014, 10:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by will5150 View Post
Where are they talking about build issues on the ASR? I can't find anything on that...
They were discussing a few of the Demo boats at the boat shows weren't perfect. None of the customer ordered boats have had any issues that i've heard of. The boats at the boat shows were rushed to let people see them but they aren't for sale to the public. Jet can read but he can't comprehend.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       01-18-2014, 11:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
They were discussing a few of the Demo boats at the boat shows weren't perfect. None of the customer ordered boats have had any issues that i've heard of. The boats at the boat shows were rushed to let people see them but they aren't for sale to the public. Jet can read but he can't comprehend.

Oh really? Have any customers received their ASR's yet? Have any been put on the water? Fact is all ASR's seen to date are coming with uneven floors and broken components. Buyers are being pushed away in droves...

I can't see Tige selling more than 20 of these this year when you can buy a G for the same $$$ and get a surf system with it.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       01-18-2014, 11:41 AM Reply   
You too should just hump each other already. All this foreplay is making me sick!
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       01-18-2014, 11:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
You too should just hump each other already. All this foreplay is making me sick!

LOL...well played!
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-18-2014, 11:57 AM Reply   
^ serious. Take it to a PM fest so we don't have to read through all these sorry pissing match posts.

Stick to the whitty pop in posts Jet. Those can actually be somewhat amusing ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old    Paxdad            01-18-2014, 7:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Ok so just to clear the air and make you feel like a thread psychiatrist: I am not who I have indicated (pretty much a troll) I have zero wealth, blah blah blah.... I actually am quite envious of you and wonder how a person like yourself sustains gainful employment in the profession of sniffing BS and arriving at truth? You did say that this is your job or did I take that the wrong way?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-19-2014, 3:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Ok so just to clear the air and make you feel like a thread psychiatrist: I am not who I have indicated (pretty much a troll) I have zero wealth, blah blah blah.... I actually am quite envious of you and wonder how a person like yourself sustains gainful employment in the profession of sniffing BS and arriving at truth? You did say that this is your job or did I take that the wrong way?
I'm in Sales so my job requires a lot of BS as well as sniffing out the BS excuses and getting to the truth. Another part of my job is collecting payments for what i sell. Again i hear a lot of BS excuses and have to find a way to get to the truth.The third part of my job where i deal with BS is the warranty and repair of the products i sell. I have to know how to tell the date when the product was sold or how to research when it was sold to determine whether or not it's under warranty.I've been doing this job for 27 years and it requires 12-14 hours a day to get it all done. I've dealt with thousands of different people over that time period. I haven't heard every story out there but i've certainly heard some good ones.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-19-2014, 3:58 AM Reply   
Old     (shawn123)      Join Date: Jan 2014       01-19-2014, 5:40 AM Reply   
Did this topic start out about all the rich people with big boats, or am I missing something??? Maybe this is this bragging and belittling topic, where you try to make yourself feel better about who you are. I have normal money and older boat and have probably partied and rode with people that have ten times the money I do and you would never know it. REAL PEOPLE
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-19-2014, 6:25 AM Reply   
To me this thread has covered a variety of topics. But i really haven't seen anyone who paid cash for a G23. There are different stories about differ strategies to attain the things you want in life. The main theme is to work hard and smart for an extended period of time. Nothing worth having is easily attainable or acquired quickly. Be patient and work smart and you will reach your goals.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       01-19-2014, 6:26 AM Reply   
12-14 hours a day at work=****ty life.
Old     (cgilliland)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-19-2014, 6:28 AM Reply   
Please don't interrupt the Tige bashing. It had momentum.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-19-2014, 6:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
12-14 hours a day at work=****ty life.
But i don't have to work on the weekends.
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       01-19-2014, 6:45 AM Reply   
"The boats at the boat shows were rushed to let people see them but they aren't for sale to the public." What does that mean. Let's be honest that sounds like the same old excuse every company these days use for everything.

Last edited by scottb7; 01-19-2014 at 6:48 AM.
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       01-19-2014, 7:04 AM Reply   
Not that my company is any better, but we don't have to apologists. If someone has 10 x the money and you would never know it, then they are probably cheap bastards. I think it is cool if someone has money and they spend it. They just don't have to be jerks or fanboys. I dislike people that feel the more money they spend on something the better it is. Which is sometimes true but you get my point.

Last edited by scottb7; 01-19-2014 at 7:07 AM.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-19-2014, 8:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottb7 View Post
"The boats at the boat shows were rushed to let people see them but they aren't for sale to the public." What does that mean. Let's be honest that sounds like the same old excuse every company these days use for everything.
Every manufacturer wants to be first to the market with their latest piece. I applaud the manufactures for their continued innovations. I just wish they would take more time testing and finishing their products.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-19-2014, 8:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshmoe View Post
I believe they go to custodial engineer school?
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-19-2014, 8:50 AM Reply   
Hey Robert, after 27 years you haven't figured out a better way to work and still have to put in 12-14 hour days 5-6 days a week? I don't know, that's not something I would be so proud of. Seems that after that long, you would just hire people to do the work so you can enjoy life and all that time behind your Tige (well as much as you can enjoy the time behind a Tige).
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-19-2014, 9:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 501s View Post
Hey Robert, after 27 years you haven't figured out a better way to work and still have to put in 12-14 hour days 5-6 days a week? I don't know, that's not something I would be so proud of. Seems that after that long, you would just hire people to do the work so you can enjoy life and all that time behind your Tige (well as much as you can enjoy the time behind a Tige).
I will be retired March 1st. The main reason i have worked 12-14 hours a day recently is i have been training my replacement. I do however take off Mondays in the summer as well as July 4th week and a week in August. I average 100 hours on my boat each year. I only work 5 days a week not six. In the summer it's only 4 days a week the last couple of years.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-19-2014, 10:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
I will be retired March 1st. The main reason i have worked 12-14 hours a day recently is i have been training my replacement. I do however take off Mondays in the summer as well as July 4th week and a week in August. I average 100 hours on my boat each year. I only work 5 days a week not six. In the summer it's only 4 days a week the last couple of years.
That sounds a little better. 14 hours days are long days. If you are still putting on 100 hours a season than you are doing pretty good. I manage that any kn my boat a season and another 40-50 on friends boats and it still doesn't seem like enough (and our Canadian summers are short).

Are you going to celebrate retirement with a new ASR?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-19-2014, 1:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 501s View Post
That sounds a little better. 14 hours days are long days. If you are still putting on 100 hours a season than you are doing pretty good. I manage that any kn my boat a season and another 40-50 on friends boats and it still doesn't seem like enough (and our Canadian summers are short).

Are you going to celebrate retirement with a new ASR?
No i'm happy with my RZ2. It's more boat than i'll ever be able to outgrow. Besides i like the styling of the RZ2 the best of all the Tige's .Now i will probably spend more weekdays at the lake than weekends. That's why i'll be moving to Texas in 2015 longer boating season.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-19-2014, 2:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
That's why i'll be moving to Texas in 2015 longer boating season.
And no water........
Old     (ToPHeR35)      Join Date: Jul 2011       01-19-2014, 2:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmods View Post

Rich people buy million plus dollar yachts they can land their helicopters on and have built in cranes to launch their 100k wakeboats they call dingy's. They could pay cash too.
The irony of this being that the rich-poor gap has only grown more under Obama...

That's Chicago politics 101 here in the big city!
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-19-2014, 2:57 PM Reply   
Yeah I thought he was gonna redistribute the wealth...so far nobody has dropped a yacht off to me yet....maybe I'm rich?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-19-2014, 3:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chpthril View Post
And no water........
Mike we bought property on LBJ. It's one of 4 constant level lakes in Texas. As long as it snows in Colorado we will have water. It's just the Colorado river dammed up.
Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-19-2014, 3:38 PM Reply   
I probably make alot more money than anyone of my friends realize. I work 12 hr days, 14 days on then 7 days off. I drive a nice truck, a 2012 MB, ane building a new 3000 sw ft house. Everything is financed at low rates. I could pay alot of it off but it is all used as tax deductions so why pay it off??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       01-19-2014, 4:01 PM Reply   
With the exception of the house(obviously we all do that), how do you use a boat or a truck as a Tax deduction. I'm guessing the answer is in the business. Which in the legal sense you don't own the boat or the truck then, the business does. You don't use that truck or that boat for personal use then, right?? IRS does allow a proportion of a house to be used as a home office and then be deducted. They do not allow that for business assets, as in them being split personal/ business. So if you are call them a business asset and then using them for personal use..well that is a problem..if you get caught. Most people don't think about it but its Tax Evasion. But I'm sure you only use them for business use, even though you were speaking of them like they were personal items.

Just had my Tax refresher/ licensing course if it don't show!!

Last edited by boardman74; 01-19-2014 at 4:04 PM.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-19-2014, 4:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman74 View Post
With the exception of the house(obviously we all do that), how do you use a boat or a truck as a Tax deduction. I'm guessing the answer is in the business. Which in the legal sense you don't own the boat or the truck then, the business does. You don't use that truck or that boat for personal use then, right?? IRS does allow a proportion of a house to be used as a home office and then be deducted. They do not allow that for business assets, as in them being split personal/ business. So if you are call them a business asset and then using them for personal use..well that is a problem..if you get caught. Most people don't think about it but its Tax Evasion. But I'm sure you only use them for business use, even though you were speaking of them like they were personal items.

Just had my Tax refresher/ licensing course if it don't show!!
If you claim a portion of your boats cost you can deduct that portion of the boat for business use. But if you claim it for business you have to claim that portion[%] as profit when you sell it.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       01-19-2014, 5:22 PM Reply   
If anyone can tell me how to deduct a boat on my taxes without owning a business, you will help me out a lot.
Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-19-2014, 5:57 PM Reply   
1099 contract labor. And hsve customers that love to surf as much as you do

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old     (Blueliner)      Join Date: Sep 2013       01-20-2014, 7:05 AM Reply   
I sort of know one Really rich person. (a friends cousin) he was a bank executive, is worth literally multiple millions, has several homes, travels the world. He owns a M/C wakeboard boat for his family, keeps it on a lift at their cottage, he advised me to drive to the US (I am in Canada) and shop for a 4 to 5 year old used boat with low hours and bargain hard when you find it. That's we he did, "I saved thousands" he said!. LOL I think he is fairly typical of selfmade people who came from a blue collar background.