Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 20, 2007

Old     (spin2win)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-07-2007, 10:11 PM Reply   
Alright guysI am looking to get a new boat at the end of this year. I am riding the sv211 weighted down but the wake is to soft for me. I am pretty big 6"3 200 and I am looking for a hard wake. What boat should I get. I was looking at the vlx or lsv however the lsv will not fit in the garage. what do you guys think
Old     (aces6692)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-07-2007, 11:10 PM Reply   
mastercraft x star is the best wake i have ever ridden.
Old    live2wakeboard            06-07-2007, 11:14 PM Reply   
Dude im sry and i hate to be the one too tell you this but this post has been posted 100000000 times and everyone always says there personal opion... and it turns in to a my wake is bigger than your wake thing lol and to tell you the truth when i first got on here i posted the same question and learned fast lol.... but i will give you my opion..... i have a VLX and i love it i wouldn't trade it for the world and im ordering a new one in january.. the lsv is a great boat too i have been out on many... mastercraft and tige are great boats to i love them just as well.... the X-Series is pretty mean to im not going to lie... but so does malibu... sorry to cut this hard but ya.... and im sure wat ever you buy will be a great boat.. and you will love it.
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-07-2007, 11:17 PM Reply   
If money is no object;

The new X Star is awesome (I hated the 5 I owned but this one rocked)
The VLX 21 is my favorite Malibu (the 23 and 24 are too big for my taste)
The Nautique 236 or 220 are awesome too

It will come down to personal preference, but any of the top 3 (or Epic), you can't go wrong. They all have pros and cons, but when you stray from these brands, it's usually because of price, not quality.
Old    live2wakeboard            06-07-2007, 11:18 PM Reply   
Nicely said steve
Old     (whitlock87)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-07-2007, 11:29 PM Reply   
Like Lucky
Its all based on what you think is the best.
Tige Mastercraft, Nautique, they all bild good stuff.
I got a Tige for my first wake boat with the Marine power engine, and love it.
So like lucky said i am sure that what ever you get your going to love it.
Old     (whitlock87)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-07-2007, 11:30 PM Reply   
Like Lucky said
Its all based on what you think is the best.
Tige Mastercraft, Nautique, they all bild good stuff.
I got a Tige for my first wake boat with the Marine power engine, and love it.
So like lucky said i am sure that what ever you get your going to love it.
Old     (spin2win)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-08-2007, 7:00 AM Reply   
I really wanted to know how hard the wakes are. For a smaller guy its not that much of a problem. However I have noticed that the 23 foot boats have harder wakes. So for those of you with lsv 236 exc. what do you thnik. I know they are all great boats I have owned both the xstar 2004 and the sv211 the biggest mistake i made was selling the xstar. but I am leaning towards a lsv
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-08-2007, 7:39 AM Reply   
I think that no matter what you buy you can make the wake harder by adding weight and speeding up. Hardness of the wake is more a matter of speed I believe. I'm sure others will put their input in.
Old     (spin2win)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-08-2007, 8:22 AM Reply   
I am riding at 25.7 with 3K in the boat I WANT IT BIGGER>>>>
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-08-2007, 8:40 AM Reply   
Do the same thing to an X-star and you wont be disappointed. 3K in ours and the wake is big and super hard. We've noticed that nothing affects it. Wind, chop, it's all the same. The boat moves soo much water that it doesn't seem to be affected by the stuff that changed the wake on our old X2's.

I couldn't believe I was saying it last weekend, but I actually commented that the wake was too big. I couldn't use all of it. A hard cut would land you in the next county. That was 3k in ballast and 5 people on the boat. It was (no joke or exageration) almost up to Jarrod's waist. BIG and MEATY. We'll have to post some pics. We're usually too busy riding (or drinking beer when we're done) to get pics these days.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-08-2007, 8:40 AM Reply   
But.... Like everyone has said, they're all good. My next choice on boat would be a LSV. I love the big boats. The wakes are super solid.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-08-2007, 8:47 AM Reply   
Ryan, you'll be at BV of the time right? The wake will only get so big there because of the depth. The new xstar is sick, but that 236 is frickin sweet as you know. You can't go wrong with the VLX, and the new Supra's are damn nice too. Lets go ride man!
Old     (swoop)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-08-2007, 9:44 AM Reply   
Malibu 247LSV..
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-08-2007, 10:09 AM Reply   
in the past month i rode the 236( wasnt a fan wake was nice but you either had to land in the flats or right down the wake if you landed in the troff your knees take a beatin) MB b52 (too soft for you prop have to add lots of weight) Malibu vlx with the wedge and weight you cant go wrong. If a concrete wake is what your looking for IMO malibu is the way to go. Xstar are awsome, so is MB, Natique, all of em. I just think malibu has a very solid wake.
Old     (awl)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-08-2007, 10:36 AM Reply   
X45! Don't know why the X45 isn't mentioned much. Maybe not many people on this site have them. Wake gets better with weight, but stock ballast is fine. It's a little wider wake and, because it's heavy, needs a little more speed. Not the best wake for beginners, though. Also, has a great surf wake.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-08-2007, 10:55 AM Reply   
I was pretty impressed with the new 210. Incredibly firm all the way up. Kind of a cross between the old 210 & a VLX, nice wake! And it eliminated the trough that many complain about on the old 210.
Old     (swoop)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-08-2007, 11:57 AM Reply   
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Epic. 4k lb stock ballast
Old     (spin2win)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-08-2007, 12:07 PM Reply   
Brandon do you tend to throw your bigger tricks on the day camp strait away? I went to try a wrapped 7 and broke out two teeth a couple of weeeks ago on the backside in like 4 feet of water. no more tricks back there. There was a stupid tuber running the shoreline all day
Old    00wakesetter            06-08-2007, 12:15 PM Reply   
It will come down to personal preference, but any of the top 3 (or Epic), you can't go wrong. They all have pros and cons, but when you stray from these brands, it's usually because of price, not quality.\

LOL!
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-08-2007, 6:21 PM Reply   
We usually just stay on the day use side as much as we can. If there are a bunch of kooks out though, we will go anywhere.

Did you hit the bottom or something?
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-08-2007, 7:18 PM Reply   
malibu vlx
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-08-2007, 8:13 PM Reply   
I haven't ridden behind a MC or a Nautique so I can't comment on them. I own a Moomba Mobius and the wake is very rampy and mellow, I have ridden behind the LSV and loved the wake. However, The boat that I actually felt the hardest buck from was a centurion avalanche, I haven't ridden behind many boats but of the ones I have this one was the hardest....but just like with boards go out an demo all the boats you can until you find the right one.