Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-20-2010, 10:53 AM Reply   
Hey guys/girls.m The other day I was out and my perfect pass started dropping the boat to neutral as soon as it would kick on. The servo motor test seems to be working on but the phase test shows 0 continuity on the black wire. I tested the wires at the master unit under the dash and it seems to have power there. I'm leaving for a camping trip this evening and would like to get the PP working before I go. Has anyone had this problem before? Do I need to get a new servo motor or could it just be the wire? Thanks!!
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-20-2010, 3:57 PM Reply   
bump
Old     (t0nyv831)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-20-2010, 4:09 PM Reply   
I would reseat all my cables at the master unit and servo motor to remove any oxidation from the contacts. BTW, do you have gps or paddle? Reason I ask is because mine was doing the same thing (Speed would drop off) and come to find out it ended up being the location of my gps puck. It was being covered every now and then from people riding in the bow. GL.

Tony
Old     (AndersonMC)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-21-2010, 12:54 PM Reply   
I had the same problem and had to finally take it to the shop. Servo motor ended up being bad and they had to replace it.
Old     (4white)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-24-2010, 9:38 AM Reply   
Hey Ryan

I too have a 06 V215 and my PP servo motor went on me, just call the guys at PP and they can ship you a new servo in a couple of days. It is really easy to swap out, it will probably take you 20 min.
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-25-2010, 1:06 PM Reply   
Thanks for the replies guys.

Antonio - I have a paddle wheel type

Richard- I have a feeling the servo is going out but I did use it this weekend and it worked on and off so that makes me think it may be a bad connection somewhere...
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-25-2010, 2:27 PM Reply   
You can take the servo motor apart yourself and clean the rust out. I had to do this to mine about 3 yrs ago, and it's still working great. It is very simple to disassemble.
Old     (olmoomba)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-26-2010, 8:54 AM Reply   
Also check your connection at the gold resistor. I had a problem with that breaking yet still intermittent contact because of the shrink tube.
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-27-2010, 11:04 AM Reply   
Fred I'll check it out.

Trace- I went out to work on it again yesterday and now the servo is completely seized up. Looks like I'll probably be spending the $165 on a new one....
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-30-2010, 2:18 PM Reply   
Mine was completely seized up when I took it apart.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-31-2010, 5:17 PM Reply   
Dont spend the money! Mine was seized as well and it came apart and cleaned up in a jiffy. Back working like new. Check my thread about it for more details...