Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (rmdanie)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-16-2009, 2:21 PM Reply   
I tried to post this once already but was unsuccessful.

I have to do some upholstery replacement on my 2002 Supra Launch SSV. Skiers choice has informed me that They no longer have the vinyl for that year. He told me to find a supra (2003 or newer) with vinyl that i like and get him the serial number. Then I can order however many yards I need of each color

So I am soliciting help from my fellow supra owners. Please look at this picture and let me know if your interior is anything like this one. If so, I would greatly appreciate some help. I need the light gray, dark gray, and the yellow striping.

Nevermind the dimensions as this is the only picture I have handy.

Upload

Thanks,
Ryan
Old    pdxWAKE.com            04-16-2009, 2:47 PM Reply   
Ryan
Might be a good opportunity to get away from the yellow piping and go to black or grey. It will help you longer term for resale. The hull was the same on your 02 all the way through 06 22ssv's so you should have plenty of options. Have you just called your local dealer and get some of the codes that they ordered on previous boats?
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-16-2009, 3:58 PM Reply   
Mine is like that except only with blue piping. It's an 05 gravity games ssv.

Upload
Old     (rmdanie)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-16-2009, 3:59 PM Reply   
Diggs, thanks much for the advice. I am getting some different answers from skiers choice than I am from my dealer. I was told that I can only order the interior in full pieces (Cushion, board, and skin)from the dealer. So I called Skiers choice and they said they would certainly sell me the vinyl alone but that they do not have my year model left.

My boat is white and Yellow. The piping is the only yellow ont he interior. I always kind of liked it. Why do you say that it will negate the resale?

Also,I might stick with it because I might only do the rear of the boat as the front is in fine condition.

Thanks again. I will contact the dealer tomorrow. I can just tell them the whole situation and get them in contact with Anthony from Skiers choice so they know that I can order the vinyl only.

Also, here are some pictures of the rest of the boat inside and out. I would love some suggestions on how to proceed.

Thanks,
Ryan

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old    pdxWAKE.com            04-16-2009, 4:47 PM Reply   
Ryan
It definitely won't negate the sale, I am probably just over thinking it. There are a lot of people that will always stick with basic colors that have stood the test of time (black, red, blue and white) and they just tend to be easier for resale. Not that that little bit will affect it. I was just thinking out loud.
Sharp boat. Why do you need to replace it? Dirty? Tears?
You would be surprised what some of the cleaners out there will do to clean your vinyl. You will also be surpised how good a job some vinyl shops could do to repair holes or tears.
Old     (ian_ashton)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-16-2009, 5:25 PM Reply   
I love the accent color piping in Supra interiors. I wish it was an option when I ordered my Moomba, or at least I wish I knew I could have ordered it with an accent color piping.
Old     (ncboarderboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-16-2009, 8:22 PM Reply   
what kind of tower speakers are those? DIY? I have the same colors with grey piping if u want to see what that would look like.
Old     (rmdanie)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-17-2009, 7:40 AM Reply   
Gerald. Can you please send me some pictures via email when you have a chance.

Ryan.Daniels@weyerhaeuser.com

And those are DIY speakers and they are WAY too loud. Here is the spreadsheet from when I built them last summer.

Upload

I know a thousand bucks is a lot of cheese (for me anyhow) but I couldn't even get the amps for that price retail.

Thanks,
Ryan

(Message edited by rmdanie on April 17, 2009)
Old     (ncboarderboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-17-2009, 4:28 PM Reply   
Actually the piping is black. im sending the pics. youre speakers look great, at first glance i thought they were nvs's.
Old     (tomcat22)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-21-2009, 6:17 PM Reply   
speaking of vinyl skins has anyone priced these lately? man have they went up. I priced my rear seat a few months ago it was a whole cheaper then they are now.