Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Find A Third/Be A Third

Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-01-2010, 8:11 AM Reply   
Well can I say I'm trying to get used to this new site...

Mr. Rogers ~~ It's good to hear that your going to be back in UT again for the summer. So your saying that your not going to have your boat this time around? Let us know when you get back it town and we will for sure get out, heck we have to see that TS Front landed. Drive safe when returning back to UT.

Congrats to Shima and crew for this years Winter Olympics... There were some up's and downs but I got to see Shima sitting in his chair at the closing ceremonies made it all worth it.
Old     (davee22ve)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-01-2010, 6:58 PM Reply   
I am not sure where I am going to stay this year. Once I figure that out I will most likely bring my boat up the guys I am working with requested it. I hope I land that toeside for you its getting frusterating.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-02-2010, 9:28 AM Reply   
Mr. Rogers ~~ Well let us know when you get some solid dates down and we can work something out. There is enough good guys here where you can do without your boat for a bit. So your going to be working on the same stretch of road or a whole new project? There is some talk about sessions already so if your here I will hit ya up and see if your down.
Old     (davee22ve)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-02-2010, 7:32 PM Reply   
We are working on the same road and also have a couple of new jobs going on. We may be so busy I will have a hard time making it to the lake. I hope not I enjoy riding to much. Will let you know when I arive.
Old     (davee22ve)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-10-2010, 6:27 PM Reply   
We made it up here through all of the snow and rain. If it gets warm enough and you need a third to ride let me know.480-330-1694
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-11-2010, 7:19 PM Reply   
Mr. Rogers ~~ Man you got up here early this year! We have our dates set for Mar 20th or 21st to get out and ride. I think we have 3 confirmed and one maybe, I will let you know if the maybe pulls out. Welcome back to UT, hope you brought that AZ sun with ya!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-26-2010, 11:44 AM Reply   
Jason ~~ I'm pumped for ya having to dial in your wake, one day I might have to buy a boat so I can do it. We have a few people on here that has tools and stuff that you can get and use. Ask David how I use stuff, LOL. That boat is 200% better than what your used to! All of us are far from pros on here and don't really sack the boats out. Shima has some serious weight in his supra but riding with David and his SANTE we always just use the 900 stock and Do work!
Old     (nauti4life)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-26-2010, 12:07 PM Reply   
I hope to be doing alot of demo's and lake deliveries this year. I will shout out when I am heading to the lake. Everyone is invited.
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-26-2010, 10:22 PM Reply   
I've heard the stock wake is nice as well so. We'll just have to see Sunday.

Anyways. ROLLLLLLLL CALLLLLL!!!!!

Who all is planning at meeting up at Willard Bay Sunday at noon so we can get a head count? And who all is bringing a boat beisdes me if anyone?
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-26-2010, 10:37 PM Reply   
Jason, I will be there. If my ankles are acting up, I probably won't ride but would like to still come along if that's ok with you? If not, no worries. Just let me know. Also, do you need the wrenches for the packing gland? I'll need to know by early tomorrow so I can try and pick it up from my friends place.

Look forward to meeting up with you!

Josh, are you going to try them all out or will you try and stick to the board that's closest to the CWB AB? Is Wakeology doing anything in terms of bindings this year?
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-26-2010, 11:03 PM Reply   
I don't mind at all who comes. I'm hitting up Marine Products in the morning so, I'll just pick up some wrenches there if they got them. I don't want ya to go out of your way to go and pick em up. But hopefully M-P has some. Ya'll can help me adjust it to where it needs to be. Never done it before so.

I'm excited to see how all you PROS get down Getting free **** and all.

Sick board BTW Ryan. Wrap the ankle up and get out there! Or we can just throw ya in, whatever works.

Oh forgot to mention, I don't have a solid wakeboarding rope, more like a ski rope so. If someone would bring one of those along for sunday that would be sweet. Unless you guys don't care! Won't make a difference to me Can anyone else think of something you guys might need???

Oh another thing, my boat doesn't have a warm shower so. If you were wanting to fill up a bucket or warm water, gonna need something to do it with. Gonna ask M-P tomorrow for any fast connects or something that I was hook up to the heat line in the engine long enough to fill a bucket up. But if someone already has a hose with a fast connect on it let me know.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-27-2010, 12:30 AM Reply   
Thanks Jason! If MP doesn't have the wrenches for sale, I got mine at Home Depot. The mechanics at MP were the ones who actually told me where to buy them since they didn't carry them a couple of years ago.

I'll bring my rope so no worries on that.

Let's hope the weather really holds out for us. Looking forward to it!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-27-2010, 11:35 AM Reply   
Jason ~~ I know David and Myself is in and he is planning on dragging his Super Air up also. So our group so far is us two and my two kids. I have an extra rope that I can give ya bro, got just got hooked up with the LG Handle and rope and have an extra.you can use till you pick yourself up one.
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-27-2010, 2:49 PM Reply   
Ryan - Went to M-P and they still don't carry those wrenchs. Went to Lowes cause it was close and they didn't really have any wrenches that would work... Unless your talking about a plumbing wrench or something? Not sure, hit me up with some more info.

Josh - Ya, checked out ropes at M-P and I think it's gonna have to wait to buy one! lol I have a wakeboarding rope, it just flexes so. Not a huge deal to me right now. Did however get some waterproof gloves and some socks to go with the drysuit Can't wait.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-27-2010, 6:05 PM Reply   
Jason ~~ A good rope is pretty important to progress your riding, the one that I'm giving you isnt the best but it works better than a stretchy rope. You can give it a few rides and see if it's something that will work for you and your boat. Like I said I have an extra and willing to help people where needed. Sometimes I wish I never let go of some of the boards that I just gave away but hell somebody is getting into the sport and probably loving it. Anyway just confirmed with David... 12 ish on the south Harbor.
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-27-2010, 6:58 PM Reply   
Sweet man thanks a lot! I guess if you have to twist my arm about I'll take/borrow the rope from ya!

You guys wanna PM me your numbers just in case for tomorrow.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-27-2010, 7:02 PM Reply   
Jason, not sure what the name of the wrenches are but Lowes didn't carry them, that's why I went to Home Depot. They're pretty cheap looking and are a Y shaped wrench that's adjustable with a wing nut. I also cut the handle down so it was easier to work with in the tight space. I bought two of them, one for each nut.

Do you have a wakesurfer or do you want me to bring mine (Obrien Alias TT)? I also have a surf rope that I can bring. Planning to bring a extra sack and pump.

Do you want to meet at noon or be on the water at noon? (South Marina) - Weather report says South winds but at 11mph, so if the water is high, it might be a little choppy unless we can get right up against the south wall.
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-27-2010, 7:56 PM Reply   
I think I know the wrench's your talking. I'll hit up Home Depot another day for em.

I don't have a Wakesurf board but, you prob don't have to bring it tomorrow... Unless ya want to. Doesn't matter to me. I was just thinking a quit trip out so. I'm sure the wives will be freezing her ass off in 2-3 hours out there anyways. We can save that for another/warmer day.

Lets just meet up at Noon at the Lake. I'll hopefully have the boat in the water by the time all you guys show up so. South wind will work. We usually always have to drive clear to the South side near the dike anyways so. Not a big deal.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-27-2010, 8:47 PM Reply   
Ok sounds good, see you tomorrow and thanks again for the invite!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-28-2010, 3:12 PM Reply   
Thanks for the pull today Jason! It was great to finally meet you all in person. If you don't mind, pllease email me any pics that came out good from today.

Until next time!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-28-2010, 4:25 PM Reply   
Wow what a great day on the water! 2 boats both kicking a good wake and good people to share it with. Can't wait to see how or if (Chase was shooting, LOL) and pics turn out. Myself of David will post up when we have a few pics going on the site.

Jason ~~ Nice to meet all you guys and thanks a ton for the pull behind that beast. I was really surprised about the wake size and shape and If you going to use the wedge I would re prop it just for that whole shot. Great boat and wake!

Shima ~~ It's great to catch up with ya on the water, sucks I didn't see ya throw down. Hell there's plenty of time that we can session and work the bugs out of our systems. Glad I landed that Indy TS FS 180 for ya... Stoked that I did it so smooth for the first time throwing it.

David & Chase ~~ Thanks for the water time guys! What a hell of a time being back on that CWB to throw down. Until next time...
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-28-2010, 6:37 PM Reply   
Good to see you guys too Josh! I'll be in better shape the next time we get together to ride. Nice floaty TS Indy 180 today! Can't wait to get out with you and Dave on the SAN, it's been too long since I've hit his wake.
Old    dhorton            03-28-2010, 7:08 PM Reply   
Here is one teaser, I'll post some more up tomorrow on Josh's site.
Attached Images

Old     (tylen01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-28-2010, 7:53 PM Reply   
Hey it was nice to meet all you guys today. Man I wish I could wakeboard like you guys... Maybe by the end of the season I might be able to do 1 trick...

Chris
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-28-2010, 7:29 PM Reply   
Hitting the water in March = AWESOME!!! Had a blast out there today! After looking at the pictures and the vid, the wake looks a lot better (cleaner and taller) with the wedge down. Even tho it does feel like dragging an anchor.

Ryan - That was a sick set! I do have some pretty good pictures that' I'm going through right now. And a vid I'll Post. The D5000 has pretty good video on it, I'm quite impressed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV4FykghQSA Image Quality looks a lot better on my computer. Uploaded like **** tho. But ya get the point

Josh - Got some MAJOR air!!! (with the wedge down) Got some sweet pics for ya.

David & Chase - Sweet meeting you two! Can't wait to get out there doing again! Chase had some sweet throw downs as well! Wish I had a bigger lens!

Link to the photos I got:
http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...ard%203-28-10/

Ryan:

Josh:

Chase:

David:

Again it was great meeting you guys. But umm... Question for you all. When we going again!?
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-28-2010, 7:37 PM Reply   
Thanks for the pics Jason. I may be able to get out one or two more times before I head to HI on April 8th. Just give me a couple of days notice and I'll see what I can plan for.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-28-2010, 8:22 PM Reply   
David with some BOOT right there! It's amazing to see this guy progress year after year, just have to have Shima yell at him a few times!

Jason ~~ We have a pretty good and strong Northern thread crew and everybody is super cool and just likes to ride and hang out. I was in your shoes, just looking for people that really likes to ride and I feel onto WW and it's never been the same. Wait till you meet the other Jason on here, he is an F'n crack up! You seem like a cool dude that will fit in right with us. Just be open and willing to ride with anybody and other boats and you will progress. I F'n hate to hear "there to good" type crap, that pushes me to ride better. Shima and his Flyin Hawaiian moves makes me want to get out there and charge just that much more!

Chris ~~ Cute kid!!! Just keep at it and the right fundamentals you will progress faster than most people. It's not the crazy huge wake that makes you fly higher and help you land your tricks. Keep at it, at times it will hurt but others it will be the best feeling in the world. Heck you seen me throw and land the smoothest Indy TS FS 180 (toe side front side) I have ever threw to this day. I threw the handle and put my arms in the air cause I was so excited that I finally did it perfect!!!

Jason & Chris ~~ Take a look at the first pic you posted of Shima... When you hear cut through the wake and don't try and jump off of it, he is killin the saying right there. Line tension and a progressive edge will take you flying in the air!

Last edited by downfortheride; 03-28-2010 at 8:29 PM. Reason: Cause I kick a$$...
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-28-2010, 8:58 PM Reply   
Hell, I'm down to ride whenever, wherever, with whoever, and with whatever! Don't matter to me! lol Just always been looking for that bunch of guys that don't brag about what they can do and how much money that made that year! Had, notice the HAD, a bunch of friends just like that. Gets old fast! I ain't gonna lie that you guys are good. But that ain't gonna stop me from trying to catch up All about having fun and doin it! Who cares how good ya are. The wake on my boat kicked my ass today on the slalom lol Freaking SUCKED! I'm actually stocked you guys can do all the tricks. Just gonna be that easier for me and my bro with all the help we can get. Always helps more watching people do it.
Old    dhorton            03-29-2010, 8:38 AM Reply   
Suck it Josh

http://dftrdownfortheride.ning.com/p...g-ride-willard
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-29-2010, 8:11 PM Reply   
Does anybody else see that David hates me!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-29-2010, 8:15 PM Reply   
Lovers quarrel!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-30-2010, 6:11 PM Reply   
Shima ~~ It's a love hate relationship... Hell I met the dude on the internet!

It don't help that I wear clown shoes when I ride too!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-30-2010, 8:34 PM Reply   
Internet relationships are tough some times LOL!
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-31-2010, 4:47 AM Reply   
So I think Mother nature was teasing us with the Weather we had last Sunday .... What a bunch of bulllllll****. Gets us all excited to hit the lake then ERRCH! Here's a week of snow for ya. Ya, thanks lot.

Meeting peeps on the internet is the way of the future! Or something It's like dogs sniffing each others asses first to make sure they check out ok
Old     (tylen01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-31-2010, 6:04 AM Reply   
Yeah seen that its gonna be crappy. Not a day ago it was showing nice and sunny. bummer.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-31-2010, 8:57 AM Reply   
I say this weather is great! Just loading the mountains with more snow and getting people excited to hit the slopes. So let it snow... Hell our lakes can use it to!

O YA!
Name:  untitled1.JPG
Views: 1349
Size:  4.0 KB
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-31-2010, 2:36 PM Reply   
Well I was hoping I was going to get the boat out this time home, but didn't happen. But I got my tower fixed and some new shoes on the trailer so I'm good for the upcoming Sand Hollow trip when I get back. What's up with this crappy weather, I wasn't expecting snow till I flew into anchorage tonight!

Jason, sorry I had to miss out on the Sunday outing with ya, we'll have to hook up in two weeks when I get back. I'm ready for some surfing and boarding

Dave, Josh, Keep the pics coming! I can't get enough to get me through this dry spell

Shima, Have a good time back in Hawaii! Send me some beach shots and "wildlife" while your there LOL

Hope to see you all when I get back, take care and have fun
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-31-2010, 2:51 PM Reply   
Have a safe trip up to AK Matt and we'll hook up once I'm back in town.

Aloha!
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-31-2010, 4:00 PM Reply   
So I gotta ask you boys.... I know everyone has a preference on boards/bindings. Seeing that I haven't ridden many but I know mine is way to big for me 144cm (200lbs +) Was thinking about a new board. Just curious what you guys recommend and why?
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-31-2010, 4:20 PM Reply   
Jason, how heavy are you?
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-31-2010, 4:22 PM Reply   
175... I should be riding like a 136cm.

Does going to a smaller board make it more aggressive? Long as your not sinkin it?
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-31-2010, 5:30 PM Reply   
At 175, you can be between a 135 & 140 depending on how wide it is. My board is a 136 but rides like a 142 because it's super wide (and I'm pushing 230lbs.)

Second important question will be the type of rocker profile that will suit your riding style better.

-A continuous rocker will be more consistent & faster which will make it easier to go into the flats. But it may not have much pop when riding a short rope length and slower boat speed.

-A 3 stage rocker will not be as fast and can be unstable on landings, but it gives a good wake to wake pop. This type of rocker suits people who like more of a vertical pop.

-A progressive rocker is in between a continuous and 3 stage. It's got the speed and consistency blended with the abrupt pop.

Most companies these days have a board with each type of those rocker profiles, widths and lengths in their lineup. I know you can find a decent deal online but I like to support local pro shops, especially since they will help out if there are any warranty issues with your purchase. Marine Products has a good variety of different brands (Obrien, Ronix, Liquid Force and CWB).

Hit me up if you have any questions on specific brands or models. Will be glad to help you pick the right board for you.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-31-2010, 5:35 PM Reply   
Jason ~~ I say every board reacts different to riding styles and size. I suggest to take advantage of the demo program with Marine products, although out of the way it will help you find the best board for you. And the money you throw towards the demo's goes to your purchase. I'm 170 and rode 135 to 144 and found myself comfortable on a 141. Here in a couple of weeks I might have a couple of the Wakeology's new boards that you can try out and see what you think. David has a CWB Marius that I'm sure he will let you borrow for a session or two.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-31-2010, 6:35 PM Reply   
I also have 4 different models of Obrien boards you can try Jason - (Vice 136, Valhalla 138, Decade 139 & Natural 144).
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-31-2010, 7:06 PM Reply   
Jason ~~ Take Shima up on a demo of the Decade and the Natural....

Shima ~~ I would like to strap into that Decade for a set!
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-31-2010, 7:21 PM Reply   
I'm guessing we're just gonna have to demo and bunch and really see which one feels the best. What are the reasons you guys like the boards your riding right now?
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-31-2010, 7:43 PM Reply   
Josh, you're always welcome to try any board I have. Next time remind me to bring the decade.

Jason, these are the qualities I like in a board: 1) FAST!!!! 2) Holds a great edge to the wake 3) smooth release from the wake on spins and inverts 4) controllable pop 5) low swing weight 6) soft landings 7) consistent and predictable ride. All the boards I've ridden in the past for a long period of time (including pre-Obrien days - before 2003) had most of these qualities.

This is my 5th straight season on the Vice because the board encompasses all of these. I tried the Decade through the first half of last summer but my consistency just wasn't coming around. I decided to go back to my Vice just to see if it was the board or me that was the reason, and in one session, everything came back to normal on the Vice.

Your style of riding will also determine the type of board design you get, and since I haven't seen you ride yet, it's hard to make a recommendation. Just keep that in mind.
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-31-2010, 8:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_shima1 View Post
Josh, you're always welcome to try any board I have. Next time remind me to bring the decade.

Jason, these are the qualities I like in a board: 1) FAST!!!! 2) Holds a great edge to the wake 3) smooth release from the wake on spins and inverts 4) controllable pop 5) low swing weight 6) soft landings 7) consistent and predictable ride. All the boards I've ridden in the past for a long period of time (including pre-Obrien days - before 2003) had most of these qualities.

This is my 5th straight season on the Vice because the board encompasses all of these. I tried the Decade through the first half of last summer but my consistency just wasn't coming around. I decided to go back to my Vice just to see if it was the board or me that was the reason, and in one session, everything came back to normal on the Vice.

Your style of riding will also determine the type of board design you get, and since I haven't seen you ride yet, it's hard to make a recommendation. Just keep that in mind.
Good to know. I know I'm prob gonna wait a little bit and try a few out. At least gotta get comfortable at riding switch. Always been a skier so. It's coming really difficult for me. But we'll get there. With some Board time and great friends, we'll get there Thanks for all the help you guys are offering up! I'm stocked to go again! Freaking weather needs to help us out again!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       04-01-2010, 9:28 AM Reply   
Jason ~~ Shima just summed it up right there! I myself rode the parks for 4 yrs, although I could go big and do a few tricks my riding had flat lined. I stumbled on the CWB Absolute 141 a while ago and noticed my riding getting better and better. The parks was a crazy 3 stage and after riding less of a rocker I knew the Parks wasn't for me. I'm working on changing to Wakeology and can't wait to ride their new 2010 shapes and find the right one for me. Your more than welcome to give any board I have a ride to feel it out anytime. Also David has (I think) the 07 Caddy which is a continuous rocker that you need to give a try on, very well built boat with a ton of control.
Now let's get some sun and the drysuits and hit the water!
Old     (davee22ve)      Join Date: Nov 2007       04-01-2010, 10:03 AM Reply   
Looks like you guys had a really nice time. Wish that I could have made it I love the malibu wake with the wedge its what I ride half the time at home. If you can get that other prop you will be amazed at how your boat will respond and it will help your fuel as well.

I have got a guy bringing my boat up from Az and told him to drag some of the sunshine and heat with him so that we can get out soon. Let me know when your thinking of going and I will try my best to make it and I will do the same when I am headed out also.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       04-01-2010, 11:27 AM Reply   
Hey David, looking forward to meeting you on one of these trips out to the lake. Hope your stay in UT will be enjoyable!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       04-01-2010, 1:45 PM Reply   
Shima ~~ We all know you just wanted the first post for the second page .

PS
Suns out for a second...
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       04-01-2010, 1:53 PM Reply   
Didn't even know that it would have a second page! LOL

Same here, sun has been poking it's head out every now and then but still breezy and snowing off and on.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       04-01-2010, 2:33 PM Reply   
Hey if anybody is interested and tired of checking this thread (might just be me) 100 times a day, David found out how to get emails when a new post is up. Check out http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=777839 for a how to. Thanks David (RIMJOB!)
Old     (tylen01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-01-2010, 8:35 PM Reply   
Thanks for all of your input guys. Jason and I are both looking at boards. I think it really does just come down to what you feel comfortable with, which is going to involve riding a bunch of different boards. But its good to have a starting point. I'm excited to get out there!

Last edited by tylen01; 04-01-2010 at 8:38 PM.
Old     (snowrider)      Join Date: May 2007       04-03-2010, 5:26 PM Reply   
Great to see guys getting out already! Looks like an awesome Malibu Jason - congrats. Does it have the rear tanks in the back that are visible in the rear lockers? If so, you should consider taking them out and replacing with the wakemakers.com ballast system to put 750s in each locker. Pretty affordable and makes setting up for surfing easy. Plenty of great info on malibucrew.com that I am guessing you have already found! If you can, put slingshot on your list boards to try. I have been stoked with the Response 142 - definately a bigger board than I was ever thinking about trying, but really like the stability of it. We ride at Deer Creek or Jordanelle mostly, so once the lakes ice out up here you are more than welcome to try it out.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       04-04-2010, 9:48 AM Reply   
Happy Easter Everyone!
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-04-2010, 10:12 AM Reply   
Wishing my fellow "PEEPS" as well a good one
Attached Images

Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       04-04-2010, 12:19 PM Reply   
What a great day... Nothing better than listing to my kids and the stories of the E Bunny that came through the night. I'm so happy they believe and enjoy Easter as much as I do. The E Bunny did drop and break a couple of eggs last night while sneaking through the house my daughter said .
Happy Easter UT!
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-05-2010, 6:26 PM Reply   
Soooo.... Who's up for this weekend pending the weather!?!?!?!
Old     (tylen01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-05-2010, 6:56 PM Reply   
ME! lol but you knew that already.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       04-05-2010, 7:07 PM Reply   
David and I were just talking today about getting his SANTE out with an extra 2000 pounds in it!!! Let's keep our fingers crossed and get some sun for water time. Boo Ya!
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-05-2010, 7:08 PM Reply   
What ya mean an extra 2000#??? Added more ballast to it?
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       04-06-2010, 9:35 AM Reply   
Jason ~~ Hell ya, were talking about sacking the crap out of it. Then we can look like fools getting booted behind the SANTE
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       04-06-2010, 9:59 AM Reply   
Have fun guys, I leave for Hawaii on Thursday morning for 2.5 weeks to visit my family. Look forward to hooking back up after I get back to town.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       04-06-2010, 10:06 AM Reply   
Shima ~~ Have a safe trip bro! Look forward to the pics every year...
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       04-06-2010, 10:13 AM Reply   
Alright I got the update from David about the weight that were planning... "David: actually i calculated 2600 with all my sacs, so with your sac on top of that it should be pushing 3k."

YIKES in a SANTE and deep water!!!
Old     (tylen01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-06-2010, 12:38 PM Reply   
dude... the words my sacs and your sac on top... should not be used in the same sentence. Anywho...the weekend is looking better and better!

Last edited by tylen01; 04-06-2010 at 12:44 PM.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       04-06-2010, 2:50 PM Reply   
Chris ~~ That's how we roll sucka! Doin work no matter what!
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-06-2010, 3:07 PM Reply   
SIIICCCC!!! So what day and what time we talking this weekend? Willard? South Marina again? You guys said DEEP WATER.
Old     (davee22ve)      Join Date: Nov 2007       04-06-2010, 4:50 PM Reply   
Let me know If it is Sunday I should be able to make it.
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-06-2010, 5:05 PM Reply   
How about Saturday and sunday??? Saturday looks to be the better day.
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-06-2010, 5:11 PM Reply   
!!@#$!# I wish I wasnt at work! Just 9 more days....just 9 more days.....
Old     (davee22ve)      Join Date: Nov 2007       04-06-2010, 10:03 PM Reply   
if I had both days off work I would be all for it.
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-07-2010, 6:07 AM Reply   
**COUGH COUGH** Sorry boss, I can't come in today *COUGH COUGH** I'm Soooo Sick **COUGH COUGH** Of working!!!! *COUGH*
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       04-07-2010, 9:48 AM Reply   
Well I'm out for riding this weekend, just got the call for a funeral out of town this weekend. I hope you guys get some kick ass water and sun to kill it, don't forget to post up pics on the site so I can cry!!!

Here is what I have to look at for weekend weather
Name:  untitled.JPG
Views: 1253
Size:  25.3 KB
Old    dhorton            04-07-2010, 1:28 PM Reply   
Jason, Chris, Dave ~ I'm down for which ever day works out best. Saturday looked best a couple days ago, but Sunday now looks just about the same. My only constraint is I need to be back in South Jordan for my daughters BBall game Saturday by 4PM.
Old     (davee22ve)      Join Date: Nov 2007       04-07-2010, 7:32 PM Reply   
I could go either day because I am working nights but sunday would be better since I dont work Sunday night but if you choose sat I will just have to nap in between runs LOL. Let me know when and wher and what boat. Mine is up here now but my friends didn't give me all my sacks and I have not had a chance to clean her up from sitting down in the dustbowl Az so she is looking pretty rough. I also have some friends that might come out so if there are enough people I will bring mine as well.
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-08-2010, 6:16 AM Reply   
Well Lets just plan on Sunday.. Willard Bay, South Marina, 11 o'clock launching the boats? I think I'm only gonna have me and two other people in my Malibu So. Whoever wants to go lets meet up! Boat holds 14 so

I'm sure it's just gonna be a quick trip like last time. Get a couple of sets in and get out of there. Last time we left around 3ish?? Only spend like 3 hours on the lake. Should be plenty of time for everyone to set some runs in.

Post up who all in coming to give me a count.
Old     (tylen01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-08-2010, 6:21 AM Reply   
I'm good for either day. Wife has something Saturday late afternoon, but really any day works.