Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (LatV)      Join Date: Mar 2013       03-19-2013, 2:50 AM Reply   
Hey everyone! I recently snapped my 2010 Ronix One 142 and am looking to upgrade to something in the 2013 range. After reading a heap of reviews, & posts on here I am sorta stuck between a few boards. Ive narrowed it down to the LF Harley, LF Bob & Ronix One Timebomb.

I liked the 2010 one but found it a bit slow. I recently rode a mates 2012 Viva and loved that it was a bit quicker, so really (in a perfect world) I want something that is fast, plenty of pop and soft landings.

I've read around the place that the new Ronix One Timebomb is much quicker than previous models so that seemed like a good choice if it still rides similar to the older mode but faster. However for some reason a switch of brands seems appealing.

If anyone had any comments it would be much appreciated!
Old     (tdickman4)      Join Date: Feb 2013       03-19-2013, 5:26 AM Reply   
I haven't heard anything great about the Harley. I have heard some good things about the one but that is if you like a traditional 3 stage with no flex. I love wood cores with flex. I have not gotten to ride the BOB yet but I am sure I would love it. It is 5 stage and flexes. It would be great behind the boat and it is nice at the park too. I would recommend the BOB to anyone if they have the money for it. I would love to get it, it is also fast. I would say if you want a board with flex, get the BOB, and if you don't want flex, get the One. IMO, you can't go wrong with the BOB and flex boards are the way to go.
Old     (stoked_32)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-19-2013, 12:32 PM Reply   
Haven't tried the BOB but I would say if you're looking for something different than your One, the Harley is a solid choice. It is definately a fast board and has similar higher arcing w2w pop as your One. The major difference you'll find is that the Harley is super loose in comparison. It also lands a little harder, but in respect to all other boards out there, its not the hardest landing board either. I also feel like the pop has a little more kick as well as consistency on the Harley than the '10 One.

Last edited by stoked_32; 03-19-2013 at 12:35 PM.
Old     (Fluffytoasters)      Join Date: Mar 2013       03-19-2013, 1:15 PM Reply   
I ride a LF Harley and it is fantastic. The pop on it is insane and it is quite fast.
Old     (Fluffytoasters)      Join Date: Mar 2013       03-19-2013, 1:31 PM Reply   
Does anyone know what is a better board between the LF Harley and the Ronix bill 2013. I want to get a new board but I don't know which one to get
Old     (LatV)      Join Date: Mar 2013       03-19-2013, 2:03 PM Reply   
I am leaning towards that LF Bob at this stage, should mention that this board will be ridden boat only.
Old     (tarek)      Join Date: Jun 2011       03-19-2013, 3:54 PM Reply   
With exception to the hyperlite state, we sell a lot of harleys. With such a rad package price with bindings, that board set up kills it for us in my shop.

With all the hybrids out, I personally would rather have 2 boards.. one for cable and another for boat.

The load and pop off the tail of more flex style boards make them super fun to ride behind the boat, but I tend to not go as high as when riding a more traditional stiffer board.

In my opinion, the BOB is still a boat board. I wouldnt consider selling it as a "hybrid"

I look forward to riding it though!
Old     (LatV)      Join Date: Mar 2013       03-20-2013, 2:08 AM Reply   
Cheers for the replies guys! Found someone who rides a BOB who is gonna give us a crack so will see how it goes!