Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old     (atlsackedup)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-10-2005, 9:13 AM Reply   
To those of you have have one or have ridin one, what are you thoughts on it...the good and the bad? How is the pop on this board? Good 3-Stage board for a 1st year rider? Thanks for the feedback.
Old     (fhu667)      Join Date: Oct 2004       08-10-2005, 9:20 AM Reply   
First year rider here, and I really like my Premier. I've only really ridden two boards. The Murray and the Premier. It seemed to me that the Premier is a little bit slower to react, so I don't have as hard a time keeping it under me or fighting for control. As for pop, I feel like I can get more air than I'm comfortable with. At 260lbs. it doesn't have any problems getting me out of the water.
Old    7ftdubup            08-10-2005, 10:09 AM Reply   
premeir 141 is a good all around board for any skilll level, i rode the DNA and it ripped.
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-10-2005, 10:45 AM Reply   
We have had some come through at the shop before.
The reg. is heavy.
The DNA is the only way to go.
The DNA compares to the Gator Boards Gonzales that we sell now. The Premier will push a little more water and feel more stable. The gonzales sits high to me and rides faster.
The molded in fins make for a stble and quick turns on both of the boards.
They both ride good, but Gator Boards beets them out on quality and graphics.

Danny T.
WWW.OKCBOARDSHOP.COM
Old     (mpayette)      Join Date: Sep 2004       08-10-2005, 3:25 PM Reply   
I have a Temet 04 and a Premier 05
Like Frank said: a bit slower. I feel more confy because it give me more time

For the Pop, maybe easier where your are a beginner (I am)

Frankly, I use the premier all the time
Now I need to try without fins

P.S.: with O'brien Radeon: Perfect ;)
Old    zboomer            08-10-2005, 4:13 PM Reply   
Give the board a demo before you buy it. I bought a premier 141 dna early this year based almost entirely on feedback on this board (almost 100% positive.)

Although it was "ok" I could never do jack on it, it set me back like a year. I thought I had "lost it" until I tried another board one day and rode WAY better.

I ended up demoing some boards, and got a Liquid Force Substance, which is WORLDS better for me than the Premier.

I'm not saying the Substance is a better board, hell it might not even be as good, but it was better for ME. Every rider is different, you really need to try one before chunking down that kind of dough. You may love it, as most do, but you may not like me, never know.
Old     (atlsackedup)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-11-2005, 6:52 AM Reply   
Boomer...I agree, I think when it comes down to it, the way to go is to demo some different boards and get what works for you. I think I'm going to demo the Premier, Substance, Absolute, Marius, and probably a Parks (just to see what its like). Just wanted to get some feedback on the Premier as its not talked about too much around here...mainly just hear about the absolute, transend, marius, and substance.

Thanks for the posts!