Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old     (sturdyboardz)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-10-2005, 5:52 PM Reply   
Recently we tried filming from tube. We could't quite figure out the best way. We seem to get a lot of spray from the back of the boat. If we went out any further you were to close to the rider. What's the best way to get some shots from that angle- or other sweet film angles.
Old     (wakinbakin)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-11-2005, 10:50 AM Reply   
Try putting the tube behind the rider. We tried doing that and it worked great and we got some sick shots.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-11-2005, 12:14 PM Reply   
ur gonna need a super wide angle lenz and the best place to be if ur goin into the sun is in front of the rider and goin away from the sun is behind the rider. you want to be so close to the rider that they almost are even. maybe off by 2 feet.
Old     (bankssa)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-12-2005, 4:17 AM Reply   
You can also move the tube to the left or right of the wake. Have the rider lower thier rope so the tuber can grab it then the rider can pull you left or right. It will be much smoother too.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-12-2005, 5:34 PM Reply   
kipp....ive got the wide angle and youve got the x2. How do you keep the camera from getting wet? we did our first follow cam filming sunday morning, worked well i think.

www.wakecoupons.com
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-12-2005, 7:30 PM Reply   
you can get the epic waterproof housing. its advertized in most of the wakeboard mags. keeps the camera nice n dry.
scott.... the only problem i find with moving the tube from one side to the other is it limits the rider to only one side of the wake, and unless ur skating, then it kills any possible line of tricks to be strung together.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-12-2005, 8:19 PM Reply   
We usually wakeboard or wakeskate from a 90-95 foot line that is connected to the lowest tow point. you have way more control of what you are doing, on a tube you are at the mercy of the tube.
Old     (sturdyboardz)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-16-2005, 5:46 PM Reply   
we did the thing with the rider pulling the tuber to one side of the wake. it works well but we still got a lot of spray from the boat. I have a super wide angle lense right from sony and I was less than 5' from the rider. Behind the rider gives the rider a chance to bail on the rope. Not so bad for the rider, but the guy on the tube better hold onto the camera. I used a oversize ziplock bag for the camera. cut a 3/4 hole in the bottom and stretched it around the front lense. zipped the end shut and it worked perfect. kept a towel on the tube to wipe the lense off. got some footage, but not as good as i was hoping. I was hoping for maybe better tube ideas or what everyone else uses. later, sturdy
Old     (bankssa)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-19-2005, 5:23 AM Reply   
When you shoot from a tube (in front of the rider) you need to be almost the same line length. I setup about two feet shorter. It's really wierd at first but you get use to it. You are right Jason that you can only get good shots from the one side if the tube is sitting to the left or right of the wake but the ride is really smooth and you can stabalize yourself much better. I wouldn't advise using a Ziplock unless you are not all that attached to the camera. It doesn't take much to get mositure into the camera and short the electronics. Try the EVA Marine Housing. It's a bag style ... really light and easy to use. About $250.