Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old     (burban89)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-04-2007, 3:33 PM Reply   
I found a 2000 Air Nautique. The dealer says the boat was dropped of the trailer with only 60hrss on it and they have owned it since 2002. The damages were, prop, prop shaft, scratched up no gouges, tower was bent, and windshield.All the damage is being repaired. It has been sitting this whole time. The interior has been completely redone also. The top half of the boat where the scratches were has been repainted. It has the GT40 motor, it looks to be in perfect shape. They say they run it every month or so. They are going to take it to the lake and run it for me when they finish. So basically it sounds like it is going to be a new boat for 21,900. I am pretty sure it is just at Air. The HIN is CIC07407D000. Any thing i need to look for? Should I jump on it or run?

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old    bocephus            11-04-2007, 3:48 PM Reply   
Run away!
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-04-2007, 4:11 PM Reply   
Offer them 15k.
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-04-2007, 4:18 PM Reply   
looks like an ok super sport to my un trained eye...
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-04-2007, 4:25 PM Reply   
The trailer says super sport, but is it?
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       11-04-2007, 4:26 PM Reply   
That's a mediocre copy of a factory tower, that doesn't look like it folds down. I'm assuming the boat didn't come with a tower, but it could have rolled when it "came off the trailer". Might also explain the windshield issues.

With that extent of damage, there are a lot of places to cut corners. Just have it checked out REALLY thoroughly, especially if you can do it while the interior is out.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-04-2007, 4:59 PM Reply   
The tower was probably mangaled (sp?) and they tried to fix it using salvagable parts (hence not folding down).

I would not pay $22k for it, that is for sure. Especially when there have been some pretty good deals on super sports and super airs for under 25k.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-04-2007, 5:36 PM Reply   
Run, that boat likes f'd up. Either a San or AN, it's an f'd up deal. Per the add, lots of re done stuff, or too be fixed kinda things.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-04-2007, 5:37 PM Reply   
Add in the fact it's pink
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-04-2007, 6:04 PM Reply   
I don't get how it got so messed up. Did it fall of it's own trailer? Or upper level of a semi trailer???
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-04-2007, 6:15 PM Reply   
it's definitely not a "steal" so why risk it?
Old     (burban89)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-05-2007, 4:56 AM Reply   
They are fixing everything. Its actually red just faded so kinda pink i guess. The way they said it came off its own trailer. I might still take her out on the water when they fix it.As for the motor sitting for years and only been ran once a month or so could there be any problems?
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-05-2007, 5:27 AM Reply   
"Any thing i need to look for?"

Yeah, a boat in better shape. The dealer has been sitting on this thing for 5 years and won't put the money into repair? They're looking for a sucker for funding the repairs. Don't be that sucker. If the damage weren't that bad, they would've already fixed and sold it years ago without letting the buyer know the original damage in the first place. Since a lot of us have told you to run and you're still considering it, go ahead and get a marine surveyor to look at the boat before the remaining repairs if possible to find out if the boat can even be fixed satisfactorily. You'll probably be throwing away $150 or so but that's better than throwing away $21K.
Old     (burban89)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-05-2007, 5:34 AM Reply   
no no, i said i may still take it for a ride. I am also looking at a 1999 X-Star and a 2000 Moomba Kamberra(sp). Just weighing all my options. I am trying to trade in my current boat so I am having to go through dealers.
Old     (jayc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       11-05-2007, 9:17 AM Reply   
Its a super sport (V drive) for sure. Looks like its had the air graphics added.

If its all put back good as new then it would make a good boat, just not worth 22k.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-05-2007, 12:26 PM Reply   
Agree Jay, even with everything fixed, its still not worth 22k. I have seen some really nice super air/super sports with OEM tower, racks, ballast, and PP for under 25k. Sure, they might have had more hours, but they were also maintained properly and not drug along the highway.
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-05-2007, 3:05 PM Reply   
looks like a direct drive to me. if thats i would pass or offer him 16
Old     (cadesun)      Join Date: May 2007 Location: Chicago       11-05-2007, 4:34 PM Reply   
I paid 25k for my supersport w/ tower, racks, ballast, and nice stereo setup. I would definitely pass.
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-05-2007, 4:57 PM Reply   
run. i wouldn't even consider it, especially at that price. like everyone is saying, keep looking.
Old     (bruce)      Join Date: Feb 2002       11-05-2007, 5:27 PM Reply   
This hull is a much sought after one- Even if it is a Super Sport converted to a Super Air. The damage done underneath is the least of your worries- it sounds like that has been taken care of. The biggest issue is the carpet and interior.

If they fixed the windshield, carpet, interior for 21 or less it might be worth it. If you ever want to park it inside, you need the right tower and bimini as well.
Old     (skier12)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-05-2007, 6:08 PM Reply   
Its definately the supersport hull it has the grab rails near the back of the boat where the sun pad would be.
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-05-2007, 7:00 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/8/513282.html?1193252726
Old     (burban89)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-06-2007, 4:08 AM Reply   
Ok the carpet is very good condition. The seats etc all have been completly recovered and look brand new. Everything wrong with the exterior is fixed or being fixed. Say the boat runs like a dream. How much would you guys offer? I dont know if I am going to get it but i am going to take it on the water and see how it runs.
Old     (1boarder_kevin)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-06-2007, 5:43 AM Reply   
Run. This boat will bite you with some unforseen issue down the road. I would only consider it if it was half the price of the book value because you may be spending big money down the road. It has to stress the hull to fall off a trailer. Now you are going to load it down with ballast and hit wakes around the lake. If it has been weakened, you will find out the hard way and at a lot of cost.

I may be off base, but why even risk it. Move on.
Old     (burban89)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-06-2007, 5:47 AM Reply   
I have time till next season. I will keep on looking. Thanks for all the info.
Old     (nautiquesonly)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-06-2007, 11:34 AM Reply   
I had a 2000 super air that just sold for 27k. It had the grab rails in the back next to the sun pad so you can't determine model my that
Old     (nautiquesonly)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-06-2007, 11:36 AM Reply   
Also the info on the trailer and title may show super sport even though it is the super air. My 00 model was titled as a supersport
Old     (bruce)      Join Date: Feb 2002       11-06-2007, 11:54 AM Reply   
If they have fixed everything, you only need to address the tower. Unless you just have more money to spend 21k is a good deal. $5-8,000 off a toy is nothing to run from. Any boat can have some unforseen issue...

I would test drive it for sure. I have never seen a Super Air even close to that price. I wish mine had all new upolstry.

Does it have perfect pass?
Old     (burban89)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-06-2007, 12:02 PM Reply   
It does have perfect pass, ballast system, and i have been looking at pictures and have seen other nautiques with that same tower. I pulled the history report and it says it struck a submerged object. Also states it is not salvaged and damage need not exceed $7000. The boat dealer did say he thought it was droped off a trailer. I am guessing he doesnt really no. I am going to take it for a ride. I am running by there today to see the progress.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-06-2007, 12:16 PM Reply   
Raymond-the tower is similar in shape, but the OEM Nautique towers have hinges on them that allow them to fold down. This one is a good replica, but is solid, so you cant fold it down.

Dont take this the wrong way, but if you dont know much about this boat, dont even think about buying. Unless you are mechanically inclined, have a garage full of tools, and they drop the price to $15k, it isn't worth it.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-06-2007, 12:20 PM Reply   
There are two 1999 Super air's in the classified section of this board. They wan't $28,500 for one and $25,000 for the other. They look real clean from the pics. I would pass on that. There are many other boats in that price range.
Old     (burban89)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-06-2007, 12:22 PM Reply   
I went back and looked at few pics and seen what ya talking about. I am still not saying I am buying it. Just taking it for a spin.
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-06-2007, 1:01 PM Reply   
I noticed that it says that the boat is from Sail and Ski in Texas where I work.. It seems like it is pretty far from home. The boat is a super sport but is has the graphics from the 97 to 99 air nautiques which is very odd. Did you say that it is a dealer who has the boat? If it is then they should be replacing everything with the factory parts. Those are the wrong graphics and the tower is a cheap knock off. I would say to stay away from this one and let someone else deal with the problems. I just looked up the boat at work and it is from San Antonio, Texas the owner got the boat repoed after owning it for 1 year and then there is no telling what it went through after that. It shows to have never come back for service even once after the original purchase, but it is on the right trailer at least.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-06-2007, 1:09 PM Reply   
It must be an optical illusion. It looks like a super sport with the hand rails, but the v-drive seems to be missing. Maybe they have the cover off?
Old     (burban89)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-07-2007, 4:28 AM Reply   
I went back yesterday and the dealer was acting very weird about it. It was a different salesman. I was talking to the owner before but he was out of town. The graphics on it are old. I would say the last owner put them on most likely. It is a SS and it is a V-Drive. They also say that tower was the one on it when they recieved it. I am calling BS on that one after taking a real good look at it. Thanks for all the info I really appreciate it. Robert it was registered in Fla and then ended up here. This dealer is the 2nd owner. Thanks again
Old     (sanddragon2004)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-07-2007, 8:04 AM Reply   
the ss hul is the same as a san hull

i would offer them 10gs where is the windshield? those are expesnive to replace just the glass could cost 2gs.

and wow it looks oxidized to hell how could a dealer let a nice boat like that get so trashed? did a teenager use this boat? wtf.

id take nada on the boat of that year, then drop at least 5-10k
Old     (burban89)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-07-2007, 9:53 AM Reply   
They put a new windshield on it. I seen that yesterday. he said we should be able to put it on the water in a week or so as long as there is water left in the lake with this damn drought.