Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2007

Old     (skier12)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-14-2007, 12:13 PM Reply   
I have a titan series 1 tower and I wanted to get a bimini for it. One of my local dealers quoted me about $950 for it. I only paid $1200 for the tower. Anyone have any ideas on where to get one for less? I'm looking for one thats black and I'd even be interested in a used one. Thanks
Old    swass            03-14-2007, 12:17 PM Reply   
I don't have any $$ info for you - just a word of caution: If you have a narrow beam, you have a pretty low tower, comparatively speaking. A bimini may be so low that it catches people right in the neck. (I have a Titan I. A bimini would be wayyyy too low to be of any real use.) Just a thought.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-14-2007, 12:48 PM Reply   
here is a picture of my boat with the bimini, and a series 1 tower. I don't recall how much I paid for the bimini, but I know I paid a lot more than you for the tower. The bimini does sit fairly low, you just need to pay attention swass!Upload
Old     (skier12)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-14-2007, 1:50 PM Reply   
Yeah I can see how it might be a little bit annoying but I'd really like something that will provide some shelter from the sun. My last boat had the kind that mount directly to the deck that thing was really low, but worked great.

Thomas, I got the tower from wakeside.com last summer when it was on sale for a month or so.

I'm still waiting for a quote from another dealer but I'd def be interested if someone else has a price or a used one.
Old     (wake_pop)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-14-2007, 2:15 PM Reply   
Here's mine with the Titan bimini. I think the bimini was about $250-300 through the dealer. A little on the low side heighth wise but well worth the shade.Upload
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-14-2007, 2:16 PM Reply   
heres ours not sure what we payed for it. does a great job:
Upload
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-14-2007, 4:34 PM Reply   
I know that the company that makes them for Titan is great lakes. Just a word of warning. I see you also have a nautique. Double check the measurements. I sent them my measurements and they gave me a medium which was too wide and the bars would sit in front of the racks when it was colapsed making it impossible to store boards. Plus when it was deployed it rubbed on the inside back bar. I went round and round with it and finally got a size small which fits great. Here is a pic of the medium.

Upload
Old     (skier12)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-15-2007, 9:13 AM Reply   
Since the only quote I've been able to get from a local dealer was $950 would anyone be interested in PM me with their dealers name and number? I don't have alot of options up here in CT and if I could get a decent deal I wouldn't mind paying some shipping.

Also is this somethin I could go directly to Titan for or do I have to through a dealer?
Old     (bakesonlinecom)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-16-2007, 12:45 AM Reply   
Send me an email to sales@bakesonline.com

I'd be happy to get your specs and give you a quote.