Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2008

Old     (calummoore)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-27-2008, 12:44 AM Reply   
Hey guys

My name is Calum Moore, I知 18 years old from Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. I知 coming to the U.S at the start of June to work in a Summer camp in Wisconsin teaching wakeboarding. As my visa only lasts 30 days before and after my time at camp I知 wanting to get a bit of traveling done. And I was after your guys help.

I知 planning on arriving around may 12th and I was wondering if there was anyone (or a few people) that were willing to hook me up with accommodation and possibly even take some time to show me around your local area, or help me out so I could do it myself as I know absolutely nothing about where I知 going. Heck even a ride would be awesome! I知 not fussy about where I知 traveling to as I want to experience the more local side to America rather than just sight seeing and being the typical tourist. I am more than happy to pay to stay with you guys, help clean, pay for food, pay for gas if need be. Anything really. I値l be more than grateful for you helping me out and I will be more than happy to return the favour if any of you decide to come down here.

Even if you can稚 help me out some travel tips would be awesome as well as this is my first time travelling overseas. Haha.

Thankyou

Calum
Old     (da_kamp)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-27-2008, 1:58 AM Reply   
don't go out into the sticks, they're not fans of fureners
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-27-2008, 4:47 AM Reply   
May 26 - 28 is Midwest Militia Demo days in Illinois. You should try to make it to that.

Just to be sure, you aren't this guy are you?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=l66HiG0_wjU

Josh, whatever. People in Wisconsin are awesome.
Old     (fast355)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-27-2008, 5:23 AM Reply   
Calum,

Disregard the statement by Josh^^ You will have a great time in Wisconsin. Beautiful fresh water lakes, great summers and good people.

I lived in Michigan for most my life, Michigan is just a few hours from Wisconsin, and offers much the same lifestyle and great water to enjoy.

You will be welcomed by everyone over here in the States!

We just moved to North Carolina from Michigan, so if your travels bring you down this way... look us up here on Wakeworld!!
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-27-2008, 6:03 AM Reply   
go south to enjoy the women of the US. Texas, AZ CA, or FL shoudl be on your list.
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-27-2008, 6:51 AM Reply   
Make sure to make it over to the Twin Cities for the Pro Wakeboard Tour!!!
Old     (02ssv)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-27-2008, 7:36 AM Reply   
If you make it to Florida let me know you are always welcome for a pull and hang in Tampa.
Old     (wakinali)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-27-2008, 2:55 PM Reply   
Calum
Are you working at Gordy Bublitz Camp?
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-27-2008, 3:01 PM Reply   
Too bad you're gonna be in WI. Nothin against people in Wisconsin, (I know some cool ones) but you should have come to California!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-27-2008, 3:05 PM Reply   
I am in central Wisconsin - give me a call 715-213-4240, we can be friends
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-27-2008, 3:24 PM Reply   
Where in Wisco-?

I am in MN you can ride with my crew whenever if you make out that way!
Old     (bartush)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-27-2008, 3:25 PM Reply   
Just Wondering, what summer camp are you going to be teaching at in wisconsin? Like in what city and such?

also you should definetely try to make it out to Midwest Militia Demo days, its always a fun time.
Old     (pfort)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-27-2008, 3:38 PM Reply   
I would try and make it South for sure- FL,TX,CA,AZ are all good choices. If you decide to come to the Dallas area let me know. I would be happy to offer up some pulls for you.
Old     (calummoore)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-27-2008, 8:45 PM Reply   
I'm at Camp Horseshoe in Rhinelander. I've been told it's very secluded out there. I didn't really have a choice as to where i could go i'm just grateful to be there. I am willing to head anywhere in the u.s between may 12-june 1 as long as i've got someone to meet up with. If i can get rides in florida and texas i will definitely head down, i'll just need some heads up on a cheapish motel since i'm not exactly fully loaded.

I'm guessing florida and texas are sort of near each other? Because those are definitely two places i'd be willing to check out if Patrick and CJ are willing to give me a pull.

OnlyInboards No, i'm not that kid haha. He's a disgrace to Australia.

Riley I will definitely be heading out to California, but most likely after camp. That's somewhere i would not miss going to

Thanks for all your help guys
Old     (liquidmalibu)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-27-2008, 9:27 PM Reply   
Calum, im from australia and went to Summer camp twice in America...
it's the funnest thing you'll ever do. our camp had an X-Star, dont stress to hard about things to do after camp.. all the people you meet there will hook you up. You'll get to ride every day at camp too. Just make sure when you get there you let the director know that he needs to buy some fat sacs for the kids to progress... haha.
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-28-2008, 12:44 AM Reply   
Let us know in Florida Im sure we can hook you up, between pensacola and panama city here.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-28-2008, 5:48 AM Reply   
If you meet us in Boulder Colorado for the Collegiate Nationals May 16-18, you might be able to catch a ride back to Texas!
Old     (pfort)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-28-2008, 6:57 AM Reply   
Calum, there are plenty of affordable hotels in the Dallas area. I have an extra room at my house that you can utilize if it would help you out. Just me, the wife and 2 cats at home. I work allot during the week, but the weekends are almost always spent on the lake. Just PM me when it gets closer and I will be happy to help you out in any way. Good Luck.
Old     (calummoore)      Join Date: Nov 2007       04-01-2008, 4:13 AM Reply   
ega6, I sent you a pm. Looking forward to your reply